Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

The thing with Edge is you can’t do TLC, you can’t do anything with Christian or Matt Hardy, there’s gonna be more key moments missing than the Rey showcase, so it would be best to hold off for now. I don’t know if Bianca should get the cover at all. I mean when Becky got the cover she was more popular than Roman at that point so they kinda had no choice.

The current WWE propaganda machine is trying to tell you Cena was the GOAT WWE Superstar so that cover doesn’t surprise me.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jeb ? said:

If we get RA arenas and superstars (Next Big Thing Lesnar pls) I wouldn’t be mad at it.

with WM 30 Cena vs Bray we’d get Harper and Rowan too ??

I highly doubt we'd get Harper and Rowan, and if we got a RA era Lesnar it would have to be a different model from his current model or it wouldn't do anything for me, i don't wanna see current Lesnar with trunks slapped on him, need a younger face and his build from back then., and i don't have alot of faith in them to do that.

I mean a Cena showcase wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it could give us a great Rated R Superstar 2006 Edge model, RA era Lesnar, RA Orton, etc, i just shudder the thought of the million different Cena models that all look the exact same and playing as Cena throughout it. You could say Rey's models looked the same pretty much but he had his model with less tattoos, his WCW model and all his various attires thats much more quality than Cena's t shirts and jorts.

A showcase of a wrestler with a ton of cool different attires and looks would be idea for me, Cena would just all be the same, the only benefit would be the getting the wrestlers he faced, which wouldn't be bad but i'd like the benefit of the showcase wrestler also giving a ton of cool attires and looks.

Im always gonna say a Hardy Boyz or Team Xtreme showcase would be the way to go in terms of a bunch of different unique-looking attires and great opponents from their tag and singles runs. Until the Hardys are in the Hall of Fame though, not gonna happen. Undertaker would’ve been the best showcase just for the returning gimmick match types and a potential Boneyard match. A Flair or Dusty showcase would’ve been a personal joy.

25 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Im always gonna say a Hardy Boyz or Team Xtreme showcase would be the way to go in terms of a bunch of different unique-looking attires and great opponents from their tag and singles runs. Until the Hardys are in the Hall of Fame though, not gonna happen. Undertaker would’ve been the best showcase just for the returning gimmick match types and a potential Boneyard match. A Flair or Dusty showcase would’ve been a personal joy.

I'd also like a Kane showcase, he had a ton of different cool attires and looks we've not had in the games, plus we'd get match types like Inferno, buried alive, ambulance match, casket etc.

Im certainly not opposed to a Cena showcase as long as its a good comprehensive one.

That said, it would be a great opportunity to finally include a third "super" finisher slot.

Someone posted this list of Cena showcase matches planned supposedly, not sure if this is real but i'd be down for it if we get the opponents listed in it from Ruthless Aggression era. RA Brock, RA Angle, RA 06 Edge, 07 Orton. Not crazy about Cena being the showcase wrestler if true but i can't hate getting the other wrestlers from it.

1 hour ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Sasha I'd say won't make it given how she left, hard to say for certain though. This is the first game with this development cycle that didn't get met with any delays so the cutoff date for roster additions or cutoff for removals is kinda all a guessing game right now

One thing that I feel like was a disappointment for me with 2K22 was the DLC Packages of Superstars that they added in the game. I feel like "The Whole Dam Show" was the best one out of the whole entire list of DLC for 2k22.

When it comes to bonus superstars added to the game, I feel like they should focus less on Superstars from the 90s and more on the Wrestlers from the Attitude Era. I feel like a lot of CAWs that get created in the Creation Suites are the ones from the 2000s 2000-2011 days of WWE.

I feel like Mr. T and Doink the Clown wasn't on demand by fans. I wish that WWE 2K would do voting polls to ask the fans what DLC would you like to see in 2k.

If the cover is the official one, I hope it is like 2K19 where AJ Styles is the cover but the Showcase mode is Daniel Bryan.

But if indeed it is a John Cena Showcase I really hope the presentation in the game is same with the actual broadcast. I hate seeing how they butchered Rey's Showcase in 2K22. No entrances, Titantrons and minitrons are not the actual ones used for classic wrestlers when used in exhibition. How hard is it for them to get those videos/graphics from WWE. Career highlights like Royal Rumble 2006 was not included which is a huge highlight of his career same as Wrestlemania 22 but we all know why they removed that match. And also remove the the f'n grain filter, even in the 90s there are less grain in videos and in circa 2000 we are getting clear videos. Really hate that sh*t.

Lastly my only problem with a John Cena showcase if they did that this year is that a lot of his big rivalries are wrestlers in AEW or WWE have issues like Big Show, Jericho, CM Punk, Mark Henry, Daniel Bryan, Rusev, Alberto del rio to name a few. So it will be a bit of a let down.

Archived