Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

On 11/2/2022 at 3:44 PM, NiceTwice said:

Do any of you enjoy the gameplay of 2k22 more than the games before (excluding 2k20)?

Uninstalled it months ago, and I have yet to look back or even think about doing so.

Tells me all I need to know, game is trash.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not, and the only reason I still have it installed instead of going back to 2K19 is the extra moves.

I wanted a wrestling game, not a fighting game with a grapple system.

Haven't played in forever. Did they ever fix any of the stuff with logos regarding limits and stuff? I kinda stopped playing because I still had space for downloaded wrestlers, but they kept downloading with missing parts. Also, did they ever fix they custom images for the character select, or do they all show up as different sizes for no reason?

The aew game that comes out whenever got some serious rumour talks going today

https://www.wrestlezone.com/news/1328262-aew-fight-forever-to-release-day-one-on-xbox-game-pass

Is this a good or bad thing? I'm a ps4 guy and clueless what the game pass means (Other than it could reach many gamers)

^ Game Pass is pretty much the best thing ever. Playstation tried to capitalize on their own version of it (PS Now)...but it doesn't compare. In short, yeah...it's a good thing. A very good thing. - With the game coming out "day one" for Game Pass...it means that anyone who is subbed to Game Pass can play it for free on the day of release. The game will reach wrestling fans and non-wrestling fans alike. 

26 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Looks like another patch has been released - 1.19

Does it actually fix anything else at all? Certain still broken moves? Moonsaults to the outside? That damn right hand side rope for Irish whips and running? The numerous broken hairstyles in caw mode?

1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

I have absolutely no idea what this is trying to say.

I dont think 2K intended this but people were able to make CAWs into alternate attires for in-game characters, so stuff like this

I think i'm done, gonna just go back to 2K19. Frankly as much as i'll miss all the extra moves, ring rope shake, springboard hit detection, etc. That game just has too much good in it compared to 2K20 and 2K22.

I don't like the gameplay to 2K22. I will fully admit it was far more polished than a usual WWE game when it came out back in March (although every patch breaks more than it fixes and I would not argue its back to its regular "broke as *Censored* and ignored" state that they leave every damn game in), and I play these games for wrestling simulation, not a fighting game that happens to have a rudimentary grapple system.

It is so frustrating, since all I wanted from 2K22 was "2K20 but not broken as shit, with some extra features". It is frustrating knowing going back to 2K19 will have its own challenges since they shut the *censored*ing servers off to force players to 2K22, and yes that is absolutely why they did it; so I can't really create anything new on there, but at least I can have a full match with a beginning, middle, and end with spots and a submission system I don't absolutely despise.

I know the guy they brought in for 2K22 already went and *censored*ed off so i'm hoping against hope that 2K23 will try and be a bit more simulation and, more importantly, will stop *censored*ing their playerbase over because "lolzMyFaction". STOP MAKING MODELS JUST FOR THAT MODE YOU ASSHOLES, THAT IS SO GODDAMN SHITTY. I'm not paying for your stupid goddamn microtransactions. Your DLC is already way overpriced, your games never get goddamn fixed because you're so damn focused on that dumb mode that you blatantly ignore needed bug fixes, and i'm just frustated as all hell that a series i still love despite all its problems cannot seem to get its goddamned head out of its behind.

One. I want just one release that releases with relatively few bugs, doesn't break itself further with every patch, doesn't abandon good ideas instead of improving on them, doesn't remove features for the absolute hell of it ("advanced entrances were too broken to keep" THEN WHY THE *Censored* DO THEY WORK IN 2K19 HUH!?), and don't put pointless absolutely unnecessary limitations on the player for absolutely no reason (why do you even have create a match, when the match types everyone actually wants to edit are practically untouchable?).

This is not a post meant to attack or disturb the guys working in the trenches in these games. RickyBobby, all the other guys, they do the best with what they're given; but its clear these games need three things. The first, they need to bring someone in who actually plays these games at more than just a casual once every few months "lol lets just do dumb shit" level. Someone who can find the intricacies and give detailed feedback (which isn't ignored) about what needs adjusting, what needs fixing, and what needs tossing. The second, they need a bug testing team that knows what the hell they're doing, or they need to listen to their QA team instead of ignoring their reports. One of two things is happening there and neither is acceptable. Either the QA team is getting paid to sit on their asses and pick their noses instead of test the game, or the programmers aren't bothering to fix the bugs once they're reported.

Three, if you're going to add new features, support them instead of adding them one year and never bothering to update them again. At this point Universe mode needs to be ripped out and redone from scratch because it is so stagnant i don't think you actually COULD update it at this point. Create an Arena has barely been touched since it was added in its modern version was added, and in fact has had features arbitrarily removed (remember the cel shading overlay? Gone, only existed in 2K19), moves get removed and replaced for no good reason, and when they are replaced half the time the new animation is worse than the old (we had a perfectly good clothesline from hell in 2K19 and 20, it had a pin combo, it looked good, and its been replaced with one in 2K22 that not only doesn't have a pin combo but has a terrible looking sell).

I'm sorry its just.. I love these games so the constant wishy-washy horseshit they get put through infuriates me to no end.

10 hours ago, Jeb ? said:

I dont think 2K intended this but people were able to make CAWs into alternate attires for in-game characters, so stuff like this

Im probably super slow on this but i just dont get why thats a big deal.
I mean you still lose a caw slot right? and it still uses this as if it would load a caw right?
Is the only difference that it gives you the commentary of said wrestler?

Whats the big deal i dont seem to get?

Anyway, patch did just more myfaction if i get that right...yeah people should absolutely not expect anything else.
They are deep in work for 2k23, dont think for a second they will add something bigger to 2k22.
Until 2k23 they will support the myfaction to squeeze every cent out of it, then its going to 2k23...2k22 is finished in terms of everything else.

On 11/9/2022 at 3:01 AM, Mani-Man said:

Anyway, patch did just more myfaction if i get that right...yeah people should absolutely not expect anything else.
They are deep in work for 2k23, dont think for a second they will add something bigger to 2k22.
Until 2k23 they will support the myfaction to squeeze every cent out of it, then its going to 2k23...2k22 is finished in terms of everything else.

I mean, you're not wrong.

On 11/9/2022 at 12:17 AM, CROSS-Out said:

I think i'm done, gonna just go back to 2K19. Frankly as much as i'll miss all the extra moves, ring rope shake, springboard hit detection, etc. That game just has too much good in it compared to 2K20 and 2K22.

I don't like the gameplay to 2K22. I will fully admit it was far more polished than a usual WWE game when it came out back in March (although every patch breaks more than it fixes and I would not argue its back to its regular "broke as *Censored* and ignored" state that they leave every damn game in), and I play these games for wrestling simulation, not a fighting game that happens to have a rudimentary grapple system.

It is so frustrating, since all I wanted from 2K22 was "2K20 but not broken as shit, with some extra features". It is frustrating knowing going back to 2K19 will have its own challenges since they shut the *censored*ing servers off to force players to 2K22, and yes that is absolutely why they did it; so I can't really create anything new on there, but at least I can have a full match with a beginning, middle, and end with spots and a submission system I don't absolutely despise.

I know the guy they brought in for 2K22 already went and *censored*ed off so i'm hoping against hope that 2K23 will try and be a bit more simulation and, more importantly, will stop *censored*ing their playerbase over because "lolzMyFaction". STOP MAKING MODELS JUST FOR THAT MODE YOU ASSHOLES, THAT IS SO GODDAMN SHITTY. I'm not paying for your stupid goddamn microtransactions. Your DLC is already way overpriced, your games never get goddamn fixed because you're so damn focused on that dumb mode that you blatantly ignore needed bug fixes, and i'm just frustated as all hell that a series i still love despite all its problems cannot seem to get its goddamned head out of its behind.

One. I want just one release that releases with relatively few bugs, doesn't break itself further with every patch, doesn't abandon good ideas instead of improving on them, doesn't remove features for the absolute hell of it ("advanced entrances were too broken to keep" THEN WHY THE *Censored* DO THEY WORK IN 2K19 HUH!?), and don't put pointless absolutely unnecessary limitations on the player for absolutely no reason (why do you even have create a match, when the match types everyone actually wants to edit are practically untouchable?).

This is not a post meant to attack or disturb the guys working in the trenches in these games. RickyBobby, all the other guys, they do the best with what they're given; but its clear these games need three things. The first, they need to bring someone in who actually plays these games at more than just a casual once every few months "lol lets just do dumb shit" level. Someone who can find the intricacies and give detailed feedback (which isn't ignored) about what needs adjusting, what needs fixing, and what needs tossing. The second, they need a bug testing team that knows what the hell they're doing, or they need to listen to their QA team instead of ignoring their reports. One of two things is happening there and neither is acceptable. Either the QA team is getting paid to sit on their asses and pick their noses instead of test the game, or the programmers aren't bothering to fix the bugs once they're reported.

Three, if you're going to add new features, support them instead of adding them one year and never bothering to update them again. At this point Universe mode needs to be ripped out and redone from scratch because it is so stagnant i don't think you actually COULD update it at this point. Create an Arena has barely been touched since it was added in its modern version was added, and in fact has had features arbitrarily removed (remember the cel shading overlay? Gone, only existed in 2K19), moves get removed and replaced for no good reason, and when they are replaced half the time the new animation is worse than the old (we had a perfectly good clothesline from hell in 2K19 and 20, it had a pin combo, it looked good, and its been replaced with one in 2K22 that not only doesn't have a pin combo but has a terrible looking sell).

I'm sorry its just.. I love these games so the constant wishy-washy horseshit they get put through infuriates me to no end.

I'm with you 100% here.

I played on PS4 the whole time the servers were active, but I recently managed to get a WWE 2K19 Digital Deluxe code and have the game on Steam now so I'm getting a Gaming PC setup in the next few weeks so I can try my best to get around not being able to upload logos for CAWs anymore (in theory I think I know a way to do it and I should be able to get the Emboss and Invisible features to work too). Also Mods in general will be nice; that blinding white menu is getting changed first thing lol.

Never buying a game in this series ever again until it's at least on par with 2K19 in terms of Simulation Core Gameplay and Creation Suite. I miss Skills, Abilities, OMGs, Reversal Caps, Chain Wrestling, Close Range Attacks, Grapple Move Lunges, a proper Moveset layout and Good Controls, Under the Apron Position, Rest Holds, The Cat & Mouse Submission Mini-Game, regular stances,  Level 1 AND 2 Payback abilities, BODY MORPHING/ADJUSTMENT for CAWs, Freely selectable weight for CAWs and Advanced Entrances. Those are features that play a big part EVERY single time I play the game. 2K22 feels almost like a parody to me, it's absolutely goofy they removed all those great things for Collar And Elbow Tie Ups, Shoulder grabbing, an awful combo system, blocking mechanic and having different buttons dedicated to actions that should share a button (like all Strike attacks should be by tapping OR holding Square) which all leads to bad controls and unrealistic gameplay no matter what.

Stability is an issue too. The infinite load glitch is game breaking, and the shadow glitch for some of the new hairstyles was also in 2K20... come on now.

23 hours ago, NiceTwice said:

I hope this series takes a turn towards the right direction again. I think this game got equal play out of me as 2k20 and this game has good dlc. Problem is the characters don’t even play like themselves anymore. All these movesets are full of “yeah that looks like a move he might do”

Try my movesets. I try to get them to play as realistically as possible. Just search WolfpacPrinxe on CC if you are interested. 

On 11/16/2022 at 5:45 PM, JasonKortare said:

I'm trying to create a new Superstar in MyRise and every time I make an attempt to create someone, the loading screen freezes up. I am done with trying to do this. How many patch updates do we even need? Are we gonna have to go through this forever? It's NEVER ENDING.

It's anytime you reach a loading icon in the Face Customization and Body Customization areas in CAW Mode (which means you can't even make a CAW from scratch as it automatically takes you there after imputing Name Information etc.). If you hit those you'll get the infinite load bug. It's been that way since one of the earliest patches (if not always. Maybe nobody really had enough Custom content to notice back then).

You can download a bunch of CAWs but you can only make so many from my experience. 

At this point it's safe to say it will never be fixed. For several patches now they only added MyFaction stuff and 2K23 is probably 4 months away.

lmao came in here to see if there’s been any news on 2K23 and i just see people shitting on 22. i played this shit sparingly the first month then tried it again a couple months ago and just uninstalled mid-match. haven’t looked back. i don’t remember the last time i felt this negatively about a WWE game. i don’t even like stumbling across footage of it. it sold pretty well so they have no real incentive to change much. i’ll see what the 2K23 rollout looks like but i ain’t holding my breath.

Archived