Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don’t understand what people are getting out of gaining the cards, it’s essentially exactly the same wrestler but all that really changes is the card surround, but they don’t really offer anything in the way of power ups, there’s no trading facility… essentially if you get Edge from three different packs the cards look a little different but edge will look and play the same. 

The only cards you could argue are worth having are the ones that come with different models, I.e. DX Shawn, but even then you can only use him in that one mode. 

And to think this is only a soft launch for the mode.  Once it goes online and what not, it’s gonna make them a lot of money. If entirely new models are hidden behind this mode, a lot of people will be upset.  But will it make money? Yeah it will. That’s all that matters. A new avenue for revenue. When I get my wish of having the pre-Hogan champions in the game and they’re hidden in MyFaction, I’m gonna be heated. Lol

Now this pisses me off

Locking models like this in that shit mode where theres no entrances, and you can't use them anywhere else and you have to pay to get it, that annoys the hell outta me. Theres absolutely no reason the models' from myfaction shouldn't be unlocked for all modes.

Edited by J-man89

I mean i play the mode, it has potential...but this just sucks ass.
If the player unlocks the card, they should unlock the attires for all modes...not just myfaction.

I want the mode to return in the future, but if that is the future...this kind of shit with locking stuff into the mode...then i hope the mode makes them no money and gets cut.

Wonder if they're gonna officially release the Bray Wyatt stuff or if they don't wanna risk bugging anything up. Cause that'd be crazy if they just patched it all back in

Edited by WNX
I'm messin UP XD

Reversing grapples is still so confusing to me. Sometimes I can reverse an attempt by pressing triangle before they ever get their hands on me, other times I get the reversal prompt when I'm in a hold, and other times according to the tutorial you have to guess if it's either a weak or strong grapple with square or x (on PS4), but yet I never really know if it will be a regular reversal or I have to "guess". This is the one factor of the game play that really frustrates me so much, the rest I can deal with.

Anybody else figured it out yet?

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, NiceTwice said:

Do any of you enjoy the gameplay of 2k22 more than the games before (excluding 2k20)? I see polls around and feels like the complaining is coming from a small majority of us which is going to suck for this franchise future imo.

i do not. I don't think i've played 2k22 for months maybe?? Its not a good wrestling game. As u just can't replicate real wrestling matches anymore. 

So its only value would be just button mashing arcadey style ...and to me it doesn't do that very well either.  WWE All-Stars did that infinitely better

where All-Stars feels like an arcade wrestling game, this feels more like WrestleMania the Arcade Game which felt like a fighting game with wrestling moves in it. 

Its just not fun. Even despite all the things i dislike about it, if it was fun...that would override everything. But its not. Maybe it would be if they had built it from the ground up. But instead they took the simulation wrestling game we liked and tried to shoe-horn a completely different style into it. And it didn't work

I like it more than WWE BattleGrounds and thats about it

Edited by eastcoastkody

12 hours ago, NiceTwice said:

Do any of you enjoy the gameplay of 2k22 more than the games before (excluding 2k20)? I see polls around and feels like the complaining is coming from a small majority of us which is going to suck for this franchise future imo.

Absolutely not.
Have no fun playing the game and since the creation suite has not evolved too, im at the point where im really unmotivated to get into 2k22.
Its just all so very boring.
Like i could download caws and stuff, but the moment i get into the actual gameplay, im having absolutely no fun in the matches.