Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

9 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Don’t forget covid. They’ve had a rough go of it for sure. I have high hopes for a post-Vince 2K23 though. Seems like the possibilities are endless as long as there isn’t another pandemic stifling workflow.

yeh i forgot Pandemic too.

Laziness isn't the issue here. I think these ppl are worked to the bone actually. I remember an old behind the scenes vid from Yukes for one of the SmackDown games, and these mfers had beds under their desks. They were sleeping overnite in the offices.

direction, budget, team size,  philosophy are the issues here.  Not ppl working hard. And 2k22 is the game going forward. that is what they are building on. 2k19 is dead. sim is dead. so ppl need to get that shit out of their heads rn.  So if u like 2k22. congrats. thats what ur getting for 2k23 and beyond. If u loathe the gameplay of 2k22 like me. ur SOL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 100% agree with the lazy comment to be honest. I think they have become lazy and I think they are also no pushing themselves to do better because they haven’t had anyone that can over take them. I’m sure 2k has some wrestling fans in the team, but it doesn’t strike you as a game made by wrestling fans overall. 

Its become a fight sim, but they’re extremely lucky because they know that wrestling fans have basically sod all choice if they want a wrestling game, that is up to date (and 3D for FirePro fans).

I have to say the new AEW game looks fun. People are already online saying it “looks rubbish, look at 2k” which isn’t a fair comparison at all. It was never going to match 2k in that respect. I actually like it’s graphical style, I’m glad they changed it from the original look as I wasn’t feeling that, but I think the way it looks now is good. It’s a little more cartoony, but I love the retro bits they have borrowed from the old N64 games such as the ‘Danger’, ‘Signature’ and I’m assuming ‘Finisher’ text on the HUD. It’s really not a bad looking game, it’s much more arcadey of course, but it already looks like the sort of game you can jump in and out of solo or with friends and have a laugh playing. 

I’d never have thought of mini games either to be fair but seeing them yesterday again I can see the appeal, especially with friends. I’m looking forward to seeing more of it. 

To me the problem is 2k with 2 years to work with the game have introduced new features that are probably all going away from how a wrestling match works. I don’t think it’s laziness but more of there not being real fans of the genre to guide this like there was with yukes. 

It’s a shame that realistically yukes with aew wont be something that will change anything. For them to be real competition they need years to build the game up and sales of a yearly title to help that. The news has been out of how much it has taken aew to create this game so to continue Im sure this has to succeed. Also as much as I like aew, the wwe brand is way stronger to promote anything.

Edited by NiceTwice

Due to all the bugs and glitches of 2k22, I ended up taking about two months hiatus away from playing the game. Since returning to the game, it feels good not to see any bugs or freezes for the time being. I was worried that the last DLC content with RVD was gonna give us the worse bugs ever but so far so good. Ever since I done some tweaking on the balancing of making the gameplay more challenging, it's been fun for sure.

Guest Fight Me.

Anything similar to Katana/Kayden's tag finisher?

Basically the move at 0:56 except Katana does a 450 instead. They got every other MCMG move and even Chris Sabin's entrance but not their finisher it seems lmao

2K23 confirmed today for a date before March 31 2023. 2K22 was also named a big contributor to Take Two's quarterly success, so I wouldn't anticipate a massive shift in anything for 2K23. Will be curious if anything changes for things like the games with HHH and Steph/Khan fully in charge now too. Doubt it leads to much changes but maybe we do see something like better/more alumni inclusions and stuff like that.

7 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

2K23 confirmed today for a date before March 31 2023. 2K22 was also named a big contributor to Take Two's quarterly success, so I wouldn't anticipate a massive shift in anything for 2K23. Will be curious if anything changes for things like the games with HHH and Steph/Khan fully in charge now too. Doubt it leads to much changes but maybe we do see something like better/more alumni inclusions and stuff like that.

We will see, the time certainly isnt there if we go back to a yearly release for big things for now.
I could see the new WWE leadership seeing more potential in the gaming sector, meaning investing more money in it...but we need to wait and see on that.

16 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

We will see, the time certainly isnt there if we go back to a yearly release for big things for now.
I could see the new WWE leadership seeing more potential in the gaming sector, meaning investing more money in it...but we need to wait and see on that.

True, we may have to wait till 2K24 before we see something change on the roster end of things at this point

Decided to hop online for the first time since SvR 2010 to see what’s changed. Joined an elimination chamber lobby for the heck of it….. Bad idea and was quickly reminded why I avoided the online wrestling game community when it came to multi man/woman matches. Ended up doing a singles match to hopefully ease out the bs I just experienced and won. 

Guest Fight Me.
15 hours ago, Jmerc said:

Is the 'Delete All Unused Logo' fixed?

Yes, but it will delete any old renders from before one of the recent patches.

6 hours ago, glennsoe said:

With all the nxt uk news today (company finished,goes on hiatus and comes back as NXT Europe plus all the releases)

Wonder how it'll affect the wwe2k23 game..

Probably not much if we're being honest, we usually get very little NXT UK talent as it is. 

Trent Seven is the only guy in the game that got released so he's probably gone but the wrestlers that did come over to NXT US for the time being, I'd imagine they have a better shot at making the game. Gallus have been around for ages now, Meiko Satomura, Blair Davenport as well just to name a few

Still weird to me that they flew out to the UK to scan everyone they could and we got like no one new except like….A-Kid. I don’t even think Meiko and Blair were there at the time so unless they fly out again, I don’t know what’s gonna happen. Roster isn’t that important to me; I mainly make CAWs and play with them. I just want to see people’s dreams of being in a WWE video game realized. Meiko is the #1 new roster addition I wanna see though.