Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, judas priest superstar said:

ooof that gutted roster for 2K23 will be one for the history books. and we still got probably more releases to come before launch. good chance AEW might have a bigger roster at launch than 2K23 will, lol

by my count at least 43 ppl in 2k22 rn are gone from the company. I imagine its closer to 50 by wrestlemania

I’ll take great gameplay and a great CAW mode over a roster full of “names”. I don’t know if WWE or AEW can offer what I’m looking for, so I’m hoping The Wrestling Code is a sleeper hit even though I know they aren’t gonna have a WWE level CAW mode. It’s complex. Seemingly can’t just have it all, even though WWE 2K is the safest bet to get it the most right of the 3, all around. I like a lot of things about the direction they went in for 2K22 but it still wasnt enough to not get boring after a couple weeks.

My problem with 2K22 is multi-faceted.

The system change, while not a good thing at best, it did give me some really interesting setups for moves (3 strikes into a kneebar for example) BUT it made the game more linear and less free-flowing.
Create an entrance being sacrificed for stability, further straight lining the game into a more linear, less free flowing experience.
MyFaction shaving off content for MTX.
Showcase also being linear as hell.

See what I'm getting at here? A linear game that flies against what we knew and loved in years prior with seemingly no end in sight for probably the next console gen. It's bad.

I feel like they'll probably add advance entrances back in for the next game, I had a feeling Rey's showcase was going to be limited or underwhelming since Rey's early 02-05 years didn't seem doable, I assume they couldn't get Kurt Angle in because I don't think he has a legend contact with WWE anymore or maybe since he's a part of the wrestling code game they couldn't get him in, I have no idea why his Royal Rumble win and his match with Orton afterwards isn't in but maybe they didn't want to have that story line in without his Mania match. No idea where the gameplay  aspect may lead us to for next year but I'd be content if they brought back chain wrestling and tired finishers back. 

Edited by crazyjk4

I don't think Wrestling Code is the reason why Kurt Angle is not in WWE 2K22. RVD is in Wrestling Code and announced before any info for 2K22 was even released but he was still part of the game as DLC. Maybe Kurt's Legends contract has already expired.

I agree with Rey's showcase being limited/underwhelming. Really sucks since we did not even get the Rey vs Liger. After seeing all the unremoved assets of that match in the game files. I like showcase mode but usually that mode is half assed. Really hate it when they can't include big time matches because one superstar is released or is in another company. Really expecting Rey vs Kurt vs Orton in WM22 to be included in 2K22 since I like Kurt and also Randy Orton's Burn in my Light Theme.

Also, one of the things I hate about showcase and I always mention this is that the accuracy of the presentation in entrances like titantrons/graphics is not correct. I really hate legends having the HOF titantrons/current/custom graphics. And even the video grain in arenas, I'm ok for video grains in showcase mode but if it is in exhibition matches there should be an option to turn it off. I love the old school arenas specially Attitude and RA arenas but really hate video grain.

3 hours ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

I don’t want showcase unless there are some obscure additions like Austin’s. 

yeah same. 8 matches with a bunch of dudes that are already in the game sucks. Do a Ruthless Aggression one with some obscure names. Give me a "history of WWE" showcase with 50 matches with names from the pre Golden Era onwards. Do something different.

I just really, really hope they've bothered to test and put a lot into the last patch. I am going to be so *censored*ing pissed if the moonsault bug is still there for instance.

Edited by CROSS-Out

I expect to see the tag finisher bug in Universe remain after this next patch, they seem to be completely ignoring it, been there for 2 patches now i don't see them fixing it this time around either, same with custom renders being considered not used in the deletion utility, thats been a problem since launch and not once have they bothered to fix it.

The final patch i expect to be disappointed again, they'll list that they've fixed stability issues online and some other bullshit that i'm not even effected by while ignoring everything i'am effected by ya know the real issues that they refuse to address.

Edited by J-man89

Wonder if the cut of date for the next game is right around these days or has it already passed.

Game is likely out in march,which means 90 % of the game is likely finished around new years time..

The time between new years and release will consist of fine tuning and testing the game (in theory..)

But what do I know...

4 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Wonder if the cut of date for the next game is right around these days or has it already passed.

Game is likely out in march,which means 90 % of the game is likely finished around new years time..

The time between new years and release will consist of fine tuning and testing the game (in theory..)

But what do I know...

well the last game came out at Mania.....and the cutoff seemed to be July or August. Because no new NXT 2.0 ppl made it

Again it’s worth looking at some of his opponents however to work out how in depth a Cena showcase could be…

His debut was against Kurt Angle

Some of his early feuds involved Chris Jericho, Carlito, and the Undertaker.

The good news is that some of his most notable feuds have been against Edge, Angle, Shawn Michaels, Batista, and Randy Orton all of whom aside from Angle are surely locked in to be in the next game. 

Seth, Roman and Brock could also be represented.

It looks like we would have to miss out his feuds with both Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan. 

Again, there’s good and bad but some notable people and moments missing. It’s probably not a bad shout overall though in terms of people being available. 

On 7/13/2022 at 10:25 PM, A N T I - said:

I like a lot of things about the direction they went in for 2K22 but it still wasn't enough to not get boring after a couple weeks.

Same, to be perfectly honest.

But Universe mode still being borked tells me I should be spending my money elsewhere.

On a positive note, I've downloaded 2 RVD attires from someone who was also offering a render l, I didn't download it cause it was just the current in-game render but after I downloaded the attires I noticed it came with a render attached, so if creator add a render to their attires from now on, it finally correctly works and automatically downloads with the attire.

tP5ZET.jpg

tP5gOb.jpg

I don't get why they don't include stuff like that in the patch notes, they list a bunch of crap no one cares about and hide stuff like the custom renders bug being fixed and stuff downloaded from CC coming with a custom render now, i don't understand their lazy patch notes that just cause people to get mad at stuff thats perhaps been fixed but they didn't list it.

Edited by J-man89