Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

3 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Pain bro. Connecting your phone to the Spotify app on Playstation is the best method to play custom themes.

I knew i wasn’t crazy. I was trying to play Franky Monet’s theme a couple hours ago and couldn’t find it. Still on apple music tho

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realized they removed Zack Ryders elbow drop... *censored*ing... why!? Stop removing moves without adequate replacements!! That was the closest thing we had to Froggy Bow. Especially when we have a very small amount of diving ground moves at the moment.

Edited by CROSS-Out

I don't see a reason in getting excited for the new DLC No Clowning Around pack coming up knowing that it just might continue with the bugs, glitches and freezes that we have now. I think we should just throw in the towel for 2k22 and publicly boycott WWE 2K23. 

Guest Fight Me.

New champ for those that keep their champions up to date lol And I believe Ricochet is still the LRLR champion.

Seth Rollins.

Edited by Fight Me.

42 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

New champ for those that keep their champions up to date lol And I believe Ricochet is still the LRLR champion.

Reveal hidden contents

Seth Rollins.

that was sorta brutal to watch with the constant reversals and constant no selling

How are people finding this now? 

I turn the PS5 on and by the time the main menu of the game loads I’m sort of not sure if I can be bothered and often end up playing something else instead. 

It’s a good looking game, I just don’t feel like there’s enough to hook you back to keep you playing. I usually give each DLC a couple of plays then find I’m a bit bored again? Just doesn’t feel like a wrestling game 

3 hours ago, Oscar22 said:

How are people finding this now? 

I turn the PS5 on and by the time the main menu of the game loads I’m sort of not sure if I can be bothered and often end up playing something else instead. 

It’s a good looking game, I just don’t feel like there’s enough to hook you back to keep you playing. I usually give each DLC a couple of plays then find I’m a bit bored again? Just doesn’t feel like a wrestling game 

For what I need to do the game has me satisfied mostly. I just use it mostly for com vs. com matches for my vids  (my e fed or whatever you're supposed to call it). So yeah, the image uploader is what I use and making my characters through my own custom designs is a great thing for me. A lot of crashes in CAW mode though. Waiting for a patch to fix that. Material on the costumes looks very realistic this year and makes CAWs look better than ever before I've got to say. 

i turned on 2k19 for the first time in forever to download some stuff before CC died forever. And i've been playing it a little. Im fully back on that game i think.

U can have a match, then press REMATCH.....and the next one could be completely different.

I did Cesaro vs. Primo. And it was very technical with chain wrestling, rest holds and eventually i was beaten by Primo reversing my pin with a leverage pin.

i immediately pressed REMATCH. And the next one i win in a 15 second SQUASH. 

i press rematch again.

and the third fall is more big moves and fighting outside. Eventually i get distracted by the theme music thinking Epico was coming down or something....and lose to a finisher.

If this was 2k22 i could only have the third match. every time. There is no variety. The A.I does the same thing in every match. u can't have a technical match. u can have a reverse fest...finisher spam....combo strike fest full of carry moves. thats the match

I'm tempted to just buy this game and play a couple of quick singles matches just to see how it feels and then get it refunded. My plan was to catch this when (if) it drastically dropped in price but, as of right now, I'm leaning more towards just skipping it altogether. Back when the gameplay was even a little more engaging in previous entries, i would jump on, maybe play around in create modes for an hour or two, play 1 or 2 matches, realize I really didn't wanna play it to begin with, and then turn it off. So of course the same thing would happen with a game that's even less engaging, which is almost unanimously what I've been hearing since launch. A couple of fun moments or spots sprinkled in isn't gonna cut it for me. 

Whatever happens in their final patch, whether it fixes or breaks a bunch of sheeit, won't change the fundamentals of the game. So I wonder if I should just do it now and, if I hate it, I don't have to gauge the price and make a purchase down the line.

14 hours ago, WNX said:

I'm tempted to just buy this game and play a couple of quick singles matches just to see how it feels and then get it refunded. My plan was to catch this when (if) it drastically dropped in price but, as of right now, I'm leaning more towards just skipping it altogether. Back when the gameplay was even a little more engaging in previous entries, i would jump on, maybe play around in create modes for an hour or two, play 1 or 2 matches, realize I really didn't wanna play it to begin with, and then turn it off. So of course the same thing would happen with a game that's even less engaging, which is almost unanimously what I've been hearing since launch. A couple of fun moments or spots sprinkled in isn't gonna cut it for me. 

Whatever happens in their final patch, whether it fixes or breaks a bunch of sheeit, won't change the fundamentals of the game. So I wonder if I should just do it now and, if I hate it, I don't have to gauge the price and make a purchase down the line.

i think on PS5 i saw 2k22 in the Game Trials section if u have that. 

i wish i got a refund for both 2k20 & 2k22. two bad games in a row. The problem with them is it takes longer than the refund time of 2hrs....to figure out how bad they both are.

17 hours ago, WNX said:

I'm tempted to just buy this game and play a couple of quick singles matches just to see how it feels and then get it refunded.

If you’re in the U.S., get it pre-owned from GameStop and return it with the receipt within 7 days for a full refund lol

A few nights ago I played a couple of matches and the Hit Detection for Combos is brutal. I had a CAW doing I think one of Braun's combo chains and one of the strikes missed 100% of the time. He kept throwing this dodgy looking haymaker above the opponents head every time. I have a CAW that has an Asuka Combo Chain that misses the foot stomp attack about 50% of the time too. Once you miss a combo attack you get grappled by the A.I instantly.

After I got a Finisher with this CAW that had Braun's Combo Chain, I attempted his Secondary Finisher and he did his Primary....

I then shut the game off.

Edited by TheNoOneM1

Yeah, there’s a few chain combos that are broken. Both of Kyle O’Reilly’s are as well as Asuka’s second one. They really need to get rid of all the boxing/fighting strike animations because all of them are over exaggerated and looks absolutely horrible. I have to mostly use HHH, Orton or Undertaker’s strikes when editing movesets because those are the only decent strikes that look more natural and not over the top. But even then, you can’t avoid them because in the combo chains those boxing/fighting strikes are in the presets and can’t be changed. 

Also, anyone else amused how, when you create a wrestler and can choose their signature in CAW mode (not CAM), the animation for the spanish fly shows the old animation that they took out of the game?

3 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Are we expecting lots of new moves with the last dlc pack? I'm not holding my breath hoping for that something something. 

I put my trust in Mr B.Williams for the next game..

Based on what we've seen so far, we shouldn't. We'll probably get a few moves for each character. 

I have no clue why we didn't get a new moves pack this year.

3 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Are we expecting lots of new moves with the last dlc pack? I'm not holding my breath hoping for that something something. 

I put my trust in Mr B.Williams for the next game..

Tbh considering that most people I like got released, I think that there will not be a "next game" for me.