Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

5 hours ago, glennsoe said:

He had a good start,made some promises that he didn't keep and went pretty much radio silent for about a year...

Cant say im sad to see him go.
Of course a game is team effort, but he talked big words and promised much while standing on the front line pretty much...promises which didnt came true.
So him leaving i can see as a goodish sign.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Clowning Around DLC is coming up next. I'm worried that the only clowning around were gonna see is the new DLC giving us another bad case of crashes and glitches. I plan on saving up everything I can before the new DLC gets here, just in case it turns out to be another bad patch.

2 hours ago, Creepy Bro said:

I've been looking forward to the Clowning Around DLC for a while now... my Zeoklown CAW just won't look legit without being able to borrow some of the assets from Doink.

Gottem

I have been patiently waiting for LA Knight and RVD. They knew this would be the best pack out of all of them, that's why they waited so long 😝

fingers crossed its not just him leaving....and he takes all the fighting game ppl he brought with him. Get that shit out of here

im sorry but if u aint a wrestling fan and aren't into wrestling games....i dont want u designing shit or making any type of decisions for this franchise. All those ppl can get gone

Edited by eastcoastkody

12 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

fingers crossed its not just him leaving....and he takes all the fighting game ppl he brought with him. Get that shit out of here

im sorry but if u aint a wrestling fan and aren't into wrestling games....i dont want u designing shit or making any type of decisions for this franchise. All those ppl can get gone

I kinda forgot he was the one that gave the first clue about the gameplay being different and "borrowing from fighting games/anyone can press buttons and accidentally do something cool".... in that case I'm glad he's gone. I so desperately hope they go back to the 2K19 drawing board and work on giving us the true sequel to that.

braindead AI is number one for me. Its like im facing a Fortnite bot.  The A.I feels so basic. I can't even say its regressed to how it was from a couple games ago...i can't even remember A.I this bad. If Carry moves were removed from the game i have no clue was else the A.I would do.

the constant weird animation of the wrestlers being in a fighting stance, but it constantly ocillating from a normal to southpaw stance, really throws me off as far as flow of match.

another big flow killer is the grapple. Half of the time when i lock-up nothing happens and we both just let go of the lock-up. And i have to do it again

9 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Even with Gilmore leaving, the foundations of this game aren't changing. What 2K22 is like will mostly be what 2K23 will be like

Yup. So in the end, this guy killed the series completely.  It's no longer a wrestling game. It's a game for people who hate wrestling but love sports entertainment. 

In a way, it's the game that perfectly emulates WWE.

And now our only hopes are in an AEW game that will be undercooked for the first iteration,  and an indie game that feels more like the "send Veer" promos; it's hyped and hyped and doesn't make a dent.

Truly dark times ahead.

I mean the AI isn't great but it never has been, even in 2K19 it has to resort to some cheaty bullshit to be difficult and often did weird annoying and nonsensical stuff.

For instance one thing I utterly despise in both 2k19 and 2k22 is the ai hitting running sigs and finishers at point blank range, it looks awful and makes it annoyingly hard to counter. Ironically this is one thing that was actually fixed in 2k20.

Edited by CROSS-Out

The way the AI spams running signatures and finishers is insane. They're damn near impossible to counter.

I gave Dolph the Famouser back as a signature. In a match he went for it at the same time I did a running attack. I can tell because the animation started but it stopped when he passed me. This happened two more times. But he finally hit me with when I stopped going for a running attack and attempted to counter.

2 hours ago, JasonKortare said:

Sometimes the buttons will have my character set up the wrong finisher. One of my finishers requires me to press HOLD and the other one just wants me to tap R2+X but even then, he ends up doing the opposite finisher when I am just tapping the buttons.

I dont understand why they went with holding instead of direction for this. It seems so... unnecessary.

The ai has never been great from what I can remember. 2k19 as much as I think it’s probably my favorite in the series (yes, I’ve played all), it had an ai that lacked depth. Like I noticed I barely or never saw them go for springboard moves as high flyers unless they were part of signatures or finishers.

2k22 ai is pretty challenging but it makes no sense to me Raul Mendoza is kicking out of my finisher, giving me a fight like we’re even if I picked Brock Lesnar. 

3 hours ago, NiceTwice said:

The ai has never been great from what I can remember. 2k19 as much as I think it’s probably my favorite in the series (yes, I’ve played all), it had an ai that lacked depth. Like I noticed I barely or never saw them go for springboard moves as high flyers unless they were part of signatures or finishers.

2k22 ai is pretty challenging but it makes no sense to me Raul Mendoza is kicking out of my finisher, giving me a fight like we’re even if I picked Brock Lesnar. 

i have no rose tinted glasses for the A.I of the previous games. But at least it was better than 2k22. 

All the CPU does in a match is reverse fest....drag me to the corner and carry me to the ropes in a firemans carry to do constant environmental carry moves

The AI also spams the same ground attacks over and over and over again. Like the last match I played to test out my movesets, WALTER spammed the same Tidal Wave grounded Splash 6 times in one match. The gameplay is very repetitive and is way less fun than it was with 2K19. 

On 6/18/2022 at 1:25 AM, JasonKortare said:

Sometimes the buttons will have my character set up the wrong finisher. One of my finishers requires me to press HOLD and the other one just wants me to tap R2+X but even then, he ends up doing the opposite finisher when I am just tapping the buttons.

Yeah that is annoying as hell, they have for combos etc directions...but finisher its only press or hold which seems to be weirdly calibrated on their part.