Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

On 6/10/2022 at 8:50 PM, maskedmaniac said:

No Mercy was more simulation then people actually think it was. It had everything pro-wrestling was at the time and it simulated that perfectly. Contrary to what some people actually think there was very little button mashing also, only to kick out of pins whereas in the 2K series you have to button mash for several things.

That’s one of my pet peeves too when people put No Mercy in the Arcade category…. It was a simulation game through and through. That’s why people loved it so much, it make Smackdown 2 feel like a joke.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

That’s one of my pet peeves too when people put No Mercy in the Arcade category…. It was a simulation game through and through. That’s why people loved it so much, it make Smackdown 2 feel like a joke.

NM looks dated now because of its blocky character models but it's more of a simulation than the 2K games are for sure. And VPW2 was even more of a simulation of the old-school pro-wrestling as a sport presentation that no game can offer anymore.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:44 AM, CROSS-Out said:

Pisses me off more that people reached like him saying that was a good thing. People let nostalgia glasses trick them into thinking button mashing is a good mechanic rather than just being the best companies could come up with back in the day. Nevermind that, like I've brought up before, button mashing is horribly unfriendly to anyone who has problems like arthritis.

Yeah I agree button mashing can be an issue for peeps with health issues. Not to mention it wears down your controls. I actually really liked the button mashing in SvR 06/07 where you could just go ham on all the buttons and it really served as a way to take out your frustrations sometimes, that was really rewarding. The issue now is that they bring back button mashing but you only can mash one single button at a time and it has to be the one they tell you. This is tedious and really leads to more tendinitis or arthritis because you're limited to only using one finger to mash one button, in this case your thumb, rather than being able to use all your fingers to give the other ones a break on any button you want.

15 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

NM looks dated now because of its blocky character models but it's more of a simulation than the 2K games are for sure. And VPW2 was even more of a simulation of the old-school pro-wrestling as a sport presentation that no game can offer anymore.

Yeah I agree button mashing can be an issue for peeps with health issues. Not to mention it wears down your controls. I actually really liked the button mashing in SvR 06/07 where you could just go ham on all the buttons and it really served as a way to take out your frustrations sometimes, that was really rewarding. The issue now is that they bring back button mashing but you only can mash one single button at a time and it has to be the one they tell you. This is tedious and really leads to more tendinitis or arthritis because you're limited to only using one finger to mash one button, in this case your thumb, rather than being able to use all your fingers to give the other ones a break on any button you want.

NM has found the perfect balance, its why in 2022 people still play it.
And the blocky characters...i still adore them.
Okay the faces are creepy, but i love this blocky look for some reason...its why the AEW Fight Forever style works for me.
Something about this more cartoony characters, i just love.
And its not too over the top like battlegrounds for example, no the models are exaggerated but not too much...i loved that about No Mercy.

Button Mashing in video games is in general annoying to me, but even more in wrestling games.
Im so lazy that i dont want to put the work in.
You can give me the most complicated controls no problem, but force me to button mash and we are enemies.
It helps when you can press any button for sure, but in general i dont like it at all.
I like 2k22s system where you can hold a button and the bar fills far more.

14 minutes ago, Creepy Bro said:

I won't even bother trying to play the game very much until that final DLC launches.

Having the game crash multiple times this weekend as I downloaded updated move sets spelled it out for me.

I understand, I'm starting to wonder if most players have decided to deal with the crashes and glitches as long as they can still play certain aspects of the game. I feel like the Creation Suite is one of the main things that the recent patch destroyed.

For the rest of the week, I am going to be downloading all the Arenas, CAWs and Championships I want and making sure that they are saved up and ready to play. Why? Because I am SCARED that once we get another new patch with DLC content? The freeze and crashes will be much worse. At least this way I will have everything I want saved and hopefully I can still run exhibition matches.

I feel like the creators of WWE 2K22 has lost the trust of the fans. It's going to be difficult for players to get back into the game wondering if another bad patch is going to happen.

Still having fun with the game. I’m shocked. I’m usually bored by now. But every match I have with the A.I. always gives me something different or changes the tide. Finally getting into MYGM heavy now and loving that also. I just need RVD and I’m all set. 

They (2K) really need to play these games themselves after they've relased them to see how it  plays and all the bugs that are going on. Don't just rely on the consumers to do the testing and report bugs, otherwise they (2K) won't ever truly know how broken the game is in some areas.

Out of curiosity I wanted to know if you guys enjoy the commentary that goes on during the matches and entrances?

I honestly find some of the things being said to be entertaining. Whenever my wrestler does a tilt-a-whirl DDT, I can hear one of the commentators, I think it's Saxon that goes "Beautiful athleticismmmm!" 😂

1 hour ago, Creepy Bro said:

I used to think the commentary in regards to a fall away slam between the commentators was kinda funny.

But then one of their game updates ruined that, and I haven't heard it since.

Shambles.

It didn't occur to me that the updates would change what is being said during commentary, or at least cancel certain things that used to be said during the game.

4 hours ago, JasonKortare said:

Out of curiosity I wanted to know if you guys enjoy the commentary that goes on during the matches and entrances?

I honestly find some of the things being said to be entertaining. Whenever my wrestler does a tilt-a-whirl DDT, I can hear one of the commentators, I think it's Saxon that goes "Beautiful athleticismmmm!" 😂

I Dont really pay attention to it to be honest. 

The only thing i noticed is that 95% of the time i Do the book end, Cole screams that booker stole the move from Rock...and i find it Kind of hilarious how it happens every time unless something Interrupts commentary. 

I desperately want promos in Universe back, show's just feel incomplete without them. Some weeks i just want a rivalry to be built in a promo not with an attack. I don't get why they was removed to begin with, they wasn't perfect but they could've been improved on and they helped fill out a show and they changed up the flow so its not just match after match. I wanna be able to have someone like Seth in a suit attire and be able to come out and cut a promo, not just constantly wrestle.

In MyGM they let you set up promos for shows, so yeah i just don't get why they removed them from universe mode.

Edited by J-man89

51 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

He had a good start,made some promises that he didn't keep and went pretty much radio silent for about a year...

well he completely changed the damn game. of which i really dislike. Im sure 2k23 is already set in stone. Hopefully he takes his cronies with him....and we can get a real wrestling game again in 2k24 or 25

he should go back to Killer Instinct where he belongs. That game was good.

1 hour ago, glennsoe said:

He had a good start,made some promises that he didn't keep and went pretty much radio silent for about a year...

you gotta be kidding me. he talked all that talk, turned the series upside down and now he's ejecting?

either the return of Bryan Williams was big enough he got big league'd  out of 2K or that rumor of EA getting into the action is a lot more real and he left before he lost his job....?

"my watch has ended" oh *Censored* off you pompous dickhead; you headed one game and even then clearly didn't learn all the lessons you should've from 2K20. Dont friggin sit there and act like you were in it for the long haul.

Edited by CROSS-Out

My hopes are high for Brian Williams being back and I’m sure I’ll get disappointed but nobody in the series history matches his level of caring.

Also maybe it’s just me but I see a parallel with this game and the wwe. This year both have lowered in quality but the product looks prettier than ever which is enough for casuals and kids to enjoy who they’re catering to more

Edited by NiceTwice