Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

2 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

The game sold well and reviewed well, if you're expecting them to revamp the gameplay once again after this, you're crazy. From here on out they'll probably just build off of what they've got so if the foundations aren't something you enjoy, you're probably out of luck

i can't wait for the AEW game. If its halfway decent im moving on completely. This series is dead, until the new management and devs move on to ruin some other franchise.

2k20 was a buggy piece of garbage. They left it that way (not to mention everyone looked like a bird in the face)

2k22 they took all the WRESTLING out of our wrestling game. Fool me twice. Shame on me. I would gladly accept a refund for both of these terrible games. Blame Yukes all ya want, but the 2 worst games happened after Yukes left.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the actual *Censored* is A-Kids Fujiwara armbar only usable from the front and not while running despite the animation clearly being a running move?

3 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

i can't wait for the AEW game. If its halfway decent im moving on completely. This series is dead, until the new management and devs move on to ruin some other franchise.

2k20 was a buggy piece of garbage. They left it that way (not to mention everyone looked like a bird in the face)

2k22 they took all the WRESTLING out of our wrestling game. Fool me twice. Shame on me. I would gladly accept a refund for both of these terrible games. Blame Yukes all ya want, but the 2 worst games happened after Yukes left.

I wouldn't expect too much from the AEW game, from the footage we've seen it looks just as arcadey and less wrestling simulation than 2K22, strikes sliding off the body, looking very street fighter like, models looking cartoony as hell, from day one Omega said they wanted it to be like no mercy and the older arcade games. So you're not gonna get anything resembling 2K19 from it.

Edited by J-man89

4 hours ago, J-man89 said:

I wouldn't expect too much from the AEW game, from the footage we've seen it looks just as arcadey and less wrestling simulation than 2K22, strikes sliding off the body, looking very street fighter like, models looking cartoony as hell, from day one Omega said they wanted it to be like no mercy and the older arcade games. So you're not gonna get anything resembling 2K19 from it.

Honestly, i just want a fun game to play.
If its more arcady then that is fine to me, if it is more like no mercy...its fine to me.
But this half half wwe2k does, im tired of it.
Hell even 2k19 i played the last few years very little because it was just not engaging enough...if Fight Forever can deliver that, count me in.
I just want to have fun playing a wrestling game.
Thats why Battlegrounds for a short time was so entertaining for many...because the gameplay was fun.

But in general i would look at 2023 more, the targeted release of the wrestling code to destroy the wwe series...they talk about the right things there and i would consider that more a game that could throw wwe from the wrestling games throne.
AEW i doubt will do that and it feels like they dont aim to do that either.
Build a good foundation, see what works and what not...and go from there.

For now at least, wwe2k is safe in its spot...but in 2-4 years that could change.

Herein lays the dilemma of a wrestling gamer…

I contacted PlayStation support about the issue I’m having with crashes in MyFaction… after a bit of back and forth, screenshots, and a video I sent them…

They’ve said that at this time they have no way of fixing it, and I’ve tried all their other steps… so, they’ve offered me a full refund. 

Here is the problem with no competition, I could get a full refund of the NWO edition, but let’s face I’m then forced to go back to 2k19… a great game of course, but isn’t it bad that it’s 2k games or refunds. 

I honestly was not expecting for the creators of WWE 2K22 to hit us with the "oh well, the game freezes, there's nothing we can do." Seriously, NOTHING they can do? I stopped playing 2K22 simply for the fact that the game FREEZES every time I try to save something in the creation suite.

I paid for the NWO Edition and this isn't fair to any of us at all. If WE the fans came together to let the media know how bad the game is, I think that will trigger their motivation to fix this game. What makes them think that future 2k games are going to get the support that they need?

I stopped playing 2K22 yesterday. 

10 hours ago, J-man89 said:

everything i've seen from it so far, i like. Arcade or Sim doesn't matter to me, as long as it feels like wrestling and is fun. Which i don't find WWE2k22 to be a wrestling game or fun since every single match is exactly the same. On account of the braindead A.I and the regression of gameplay to make everyone the same character. Its just a bad fighting game. And if i wanted to play a bad fighting game i could just play Tekken 7 where at least the A.I is decent and the roster feels more unique.

the biggest issues with 2k22 isn't even what it IS. But what it SHOULD BE. Because the game was not released in a vacuum. It is not a standalone title. This is a sequel to a series we've been playing for a long time. and in my opinion they have ruined everything they've been building on. If this game was released under a different title. With non-realistic models. And pushed more into the arcadey WrestleMania Arcade Game/WWE All-Stars realm with gimmicky moves, over the top visuals and selling. Cool. But it didn't. They took the great sim wrestling game we had. Stripped away all the good stuff....and brute forced a bunch of shitty fighting game stuff into it. And it didn't work.

4 hours ago, JasonKortare said:

I honestly was not expecting for the creators of WWE 2K22 to hit us with the "oh well, the game freezes, there's nothing we can do." Seriously, NOTHING they can do? I stopped playing 2K22 simply for the fact that the game FREEZES every time I try to save something in the creation suite.

I paid for the NWO Edition and this isn't fair to any of us at all. If WE the fans came together to let the media know how bad the game is, I think that will trigger their motivation to fix this game. What makes them think that future 2k games are going to get the support that they need?

I stopped playing 2K22 yesterday. 

I've honestly never had a single freeze the entire time i've played it, i'm on PS5, maybe its an xbox problem? i dunno what console you play, but i don't know why some would have that issue and some wouldn't.

Well i don't know then, its never froze for me, so doesn't seem like a problem in the game that everyone has, i don't know why some would experience this and not others. In 2K20 everyone had the same issues, i don't know why a majority would have no problems like freezing but a select few would in 2K22. I've heard a ton of complaints about 2K22 but freezing not so much, i've heard a few talk about stuff like that but not a ton of people. Maybe its a personal console thing, but it doesn't seem like a bug thats in the game that everyone experiences.

Edited by J-man89

Today was the day that I ended up deleting all of the saved game data from my WWE 2K22 because I was trying to follow the steps in fixing the issue with all of the freezing and crashing. I now have to start from scratch.... Y'know sometimes life really stinks LOL 😆

You're supposed to delete the game, not the save data...

But yeah this game is a mess.  I'm on PS4.  Sometimes I'll freeze when going to upload custom content.  Sometimes I'll freeze when trying to download my own logos.  Sometimes I'll freeze in CAW mode.  Shit's feeling like WWE '13 but without the cool roster to make up for it.

5 minutes ago, WarGreymon77 said:

You're supposed to delete the game, not the save data...

But yeah this game is a mess.  I'm on PS4.  Sometimes I'll freeze when going to upload custom content.  Sometimes I'll freeze when trying to download my own logos.  Sometimes I'll freeze in CAW mode.  Shit's feeling like WWE '13 but without the cool roster to make up for it.

I wouldn't know how to bring the game back if I deleted it. I literally read this site that said delete the saved data but you won't lose anything lol. If I could go back and never buy 2K22 I would.  THEY REALLY SCREWED US.

17 hours ago, J-man89 said:

No Mercy was more simulation then people actually think it was. It had everything pro-wrestling was at the time and it simulated that perfectly. Contrary to what some people actually think there was very little button mashing also, only to kick out of pins whereas in the 2K series you have to button mash for several things.

3 minutes ago, maskedmaniac said:

No Mercy was more simulation then people actually think it was. It had everything pro-wrestling was at the time and it simulated that perfectly. Contrary to what some people actually think there was very little button mashing also, only to kick out of pins whereas in the 2K series you have to button mash for several things.

"Button mashing is back y'all" I'm still pissed when I remember that lynel said this like it was supposed to be a good thing.

Pisses me off more that people reached like him saying that was a good thing. People let nostalgia glasses trick them into thinking button mashing is a good mechanic rather than just being the best companies could come up with back in the day. Nevermind that, like I've brought up before, button mashing is horribly unfriendly to anyone who has problems like arthritis.

23 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Pisses me off more that people reached like him saying that was a good thing. People let nostalgia glasses trick them into thinking button mashing is a good mechanic rather than just being the best companies could come up with back in the day. Nevermind that, like I've brought up before, button mashing is horribly unfriendly to anyone who has problems like arthritis.

And it wears the buttons on the controller out constantly having to button mash, to get out of submissions and to kick out.

I don't know if this strategy works for all game platforms but I have the PS4. I deleted WWE 2K22 from my library and re-downloaded it again to my PS4 and for the first time in four days, it did not freeze.

I accidently deleted my old saved data but I don't mind starting from scratch. Even though re-installing the game had stopped the freezing, I don't know how long it will last.

I've been trying to figure out where the hell Big Show's "walk over opponent" ground move is, but I can't find it in create-a-moveset.  I used Andre's moveset as a base when creating my "The Giant" CAW, and he used it on me in a match, so I KNOW it's in the game.  But where?!

2 hours ago, WarGreymon77 said:

I've been trying to figure out where the hell Big Show's "walk over opponent" ground move is, but I can't find it in create-a-moveset.  I used Andre's moveset as a base when creating my "The Giant" CAW, and he used it on me in a match, so I KNOW it's in the game.  But where?!

Foot Press? There’s only two in the game. Sadly, they removed Big Show’s version a few games back.