Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Creepy Bro said:

Make no mistake, this is the only reason it hasn't gone belly up just yet.

For sure, there is no fire in them that would be there maybe with competition.
One would think the fans passion etc would be enough to put a fire under their asses...but its clear they dont give a *Censored* about the fans.

Give me a DOR gameplay, a equal as good Creation Suite...and wwe2k is history for me.
Many have for years said the only reason they buy wwe2k is for Feds, because they feel obligated as Caw creators etc...many buy this series because of need and not want.

Has 2k addressed any of the fans concerns for next game? It kinda concerns me that the initial excitement around release could have them content with how the game currently is so they wouldn’t make any drastic changes in the next game when it really could use so many fixes.

14 minutes ago, NiceTwice said:

Has 2k addressed any of the fans concerns for next game? It kinda concerns me that the initial excitement around release could have them content with how the game currently is so they wouldn’t make any drastic changes in the next game when it really could use so many fixes.

Yeah thats what i'm afraid of that they think everyone loves the changes and will keep them going forward in the franchise. I just hope they're aware of the very vocal fans that want the 2K19 gameplay back or at least aspects of it. 

And bring back the chain grappling mini game lockup to start matches, starting matches always feels a bit awkward in 2K22 without that cause you either have to just start striking or go into a big grapple move, theres no feeling out the opponent and having a chain grappling war like most wrestling matches start. I think thats why alot compare it to street fighter or something where a match starts and you just go striking immediately at one another. The chain grappling mini game added alot to the simulation of a real wrestling match. Now i mostly choose to do a lock up and let off it and do another lock up and do a light grapple to somewhat have it kind of back, but its not the same.

Chain grappling  is so missed. I used to start almost every match with it and now it just feels awkward as hell starting the match with a spanish fly. It would’ve made playing as Regal so much more enjoyable. Thank god we still have limb targeting 

All that happened when the game launched was people who wanted that Comeback story so they over praised any tiny positive thing and were just happy to have a new WWE game with shiny new graphics and characters/gimmicks we didn't see represented yet. People were doing full on reviews within the game being 2 days old and saying it's a masterpiece lol.

Reality is 90% of the changes are terrible for a simulation game, there's still a lot of glitch, corruption, infinite hang and crash related problems.  The fact the game launched without stuff like the distorted Becky Lynch screenshot or the "Referee having a seizure during Showcase cutscenes" clip like 2K20 did made the game seem great in comparison. 

If they release another game like 2K22 next time, the usual "it's the same crap/casual" crowd will hate it, and anyone who is a long time fan like a lot of us will also hate it.

5 hours ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

All that happened when the game launched was people who wanted that Comeback story so they over praised any tiny positive thing and were just happy to have a new WWE game with shiny new graphics and characters/gimmicks we didn't see represented yet. People were doing full on reviews within the game being 2 days old and saying it's a masterpiece lol.

Reality is 90% of the changes are terrible for a simulation game, there's still a lot of glitch, corruption, infinite hang and crash related problems.  The fact the game launched without stuff like the distorted Becky Lynch screenshot or the "Referee having a seizure during Showcase cutscenes" clip like 2K20 did made the game seem great in comparison. 

If they release another game like 2K22 next time, the usual "it's the same crap/casual" crowd will hate it, and anyone who is a long time fan like a lot of us will also hate it.

but the changes aren't good for an arcade game either. They removed all the fun weapons and locations. the big head mode and minecraft bodies. they force u to grab for everything.

the only good arcade things are combos, no selling, and the constant reversals. But because they didn't also improve the A.I to cater to the changes and they homogenized everyone its like playing a crappy fighting game and everyone is the same character

I'm not gonna lie, I pretty much play WWE 2K22 every day because I still enjoy the game. The problem is that we can't use and do everything we want in the game because of the crashes and freezes. If I knew all of this was going to happen, I probably wouldn't have purchased the NWO edition. I plan on playing this game for awhile. I can create CAWs and build storylines for exhibition matches until the cows come home. 😆

7 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

but the changes aren't good for an arcade game either. They removed all the fun weapons and locations. the big head mode and minecraft bodies. they force u to grab for everything.

the only good arcade things are combos, no selling, and the constant reversals. But because they didn't also improve the A.I to cater to the changes and they homogenized everyone its like playing a crappy fighting game and everyone is the same character

Its a weird half assed middle thing, which makes it even worse.
You go away from heavy simulation but also dont go fully Arcade...it feels so messy.

6 hours ago, JasonKortare said:

I'm not gonna lie, I pretty much play WWE 2K22 every day because I still enjoy the game. The problem is that we can't use and do everything we want in the game because of the crashes and freezes. If I knew all of this was going to happen, I probably wouldn't have purchased the NWO edition. I plan on playing this game for awhile. I can create CAWs and build storylines for exhibition matches until the cows come home. 😆

For me "playing" is a stretch, im loading up the game every day to be in the creation suite...but i dont play anything really.
I even gave up on the Myfaction because its just boring...and since you cant do Squash Matches, that fun is gone too.
I liked to just do short squash matches here and there, but that is gone in 2k22 and so really the creation suite is the only thing i do most of the time.
They are so lucky because without the creation suite, at least 80% less would play the game by now.

I would love to be excited to play just random matches...you know having fun Playing, but the gameplay is just too boring and the AI is dumb.

WWE 2K19 is still a better game and in fact, if they don't fix the freezing situation with creation suite, I might go back to playing 2K19. I can pretty much do everything I enjoy doing in 2K22 with 2K19.

I love creating my own wrestlers, giving them personas, making a stable and creating storylines.

20 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah thats what i'm afraid of that they think everyone loves the changes and will keep them going forward in the franchise. I just hope they're aware of the very vocal fans that want the 2K19 gameplay back or at least aspects of it. 

And bring back the chain grappling mini game lockup to start matches, starting matches always feels a bit awkward in 2K22 without that cause you either have to just start striking or go into a big grapple move, theres no feeling out the opponent and having a chain grappling war like most wrestling matches start. I think thats why alot compare it to street fighter or something where a match starts and you just go striking immediately at one another. The chain grappling mini game added alot to the simulation of a real wrestling match. Now i mostly choose to do a lock up and let off it and do another lock up and do a light grapple to somewhat have it kind of back, but its not the same.

Yeah chain grappling was an underrated part of this series. I’m part of the this is street fighter people and to add to the why I say that the blocking in this game sometimes play just like it. Dodging and blocking are cool if done right but irl in something staged like wrestling, wrestlers most times take a strike and depend on a move to get reversed.

This series has so many things I hope don’t stick around for the future. I can list so many but to name a few the way some of these new dlc moves play out, the weird hctp fighting stance after moves randomly brought back this year, the way every wrestler plays the same in many ways and are almost equal to each other in a match. It’s crazy in 2k19 you can get a created wrestler and have a match play out like them and with 2k22 you can get an in game character and it can be rough to get a match to play out like them.

This series is in a weird spot since it can sound silly to want stimulation gameplay for a staged sport which allowed creators of this game who are probably casual fans to do whatever they wanted. It’s like me being a casual nba fan just made nba 2k23 play out like nba street vol 2 because I was a fan of that game and it was fun.

Edited by NiceTwice

Thinking of trying out the mygm mode and have some questions..

* Are there cutscenes if I play the rivalry matches? Any cutscenes in this mode at all?

* No mid card titles but tag team titles..right?

1 hour ago, JasonKortare said:

Can we PLEASE get a new update soon, the game is still messing up. This is crazy lol I can't save CAWs. >_<

I hate to say this, but the current solution is to delete and reinstall the game.  I did it myself.

1 hour ago, WarGreymon77 said:

I hate to say this, but the current solution is to delete and reinstall the game.  I did it myself.

I actually don't want to risk doing that. There is no possible way that the creators of WWE 2K22 is going to pretend that the game isn't having freezing problems. I'm currently done from playing the game and I won't be back to playing it until they fix the Patch that ruined it all.

The game sold well and reviewed well, if you're expecting them to revamp the gameplay once again after this, you're crazy. From here on out they'll probably just build off of what they've got so if the foundations aren't something you enjoy, you're probably out of luck