Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

Havent seen all new moves yet, but the eye of the hurricane and the foot choke so far are imo the only interesting.
It feels strange to not care about the DLCs even on a Animation level.
I bought DLCs just for those sometimes, but so far none of the DLC really made me interested in buying them.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fight Me.

A theme I did not expect to update this morning, but a welcomed surprise.

NOAH:

Edited by Fight Me.

I think longevity is going to be the issue with this game isn’t it. 

i know they said it’s a reset but it really is quite bare bones. MyRise is good and a step forward, but once you’ve played through it, you don’t rush back to play it again. 

MyFaction has/had potential, but they can’t lock models in it, and they need to actually make it interesting and not just a ‘hit 125 grab attacks’ mode. 

Universe just hasn’t been touched, I know they added ‘superstar mode’ but that essentially just a player lock mode. It’s also lost the promo system which, wasn’t perfect but at least broke up the play match, next match, play match, next match… feeling. Universe really needs some proper additions. 

I will sort of give them an easier ride on MyGM as they were putting it back in, but I have to say, even for their first shot…. I thought that mode might have a little more to it. 

Showcase could have been great, but when it became apparent that most of Reys career would be skipped it seemed an odd choice. I’m still not sure why they haven’t either focused that mode on different eras, or at least pick someone like Taker, Triple H or whoever who will in all likelihood have more options for match choices. 

It’s actually crazy how much has been removed from edit modes, basic create an entrance being a stand out of course. The amount of moves and things we have had that have been taken out, plus the amount which are still using animations from SYM and HCTP (and not even the ones those games did best - hi rolling thunder!) 

The changes to the movesets and the combos etc I’ve got used to now as we have no choice, but 2k19 was far superior in terms of controls, and the way the gameplay worked. 

The graphics they nailed, it is a really good looking game, and I think the DLC offering overall has been really good (though it still nibbles at me that they took people out of the game, then made us buy them and didn’t really make updates to models).

I just think more than anything what I can’t get away from is they took a year out to really work on this, and it’s still a crash fest. With every patch where they fix things they break numerous others. That’s the bit that I think really puts people off, two years and they still released a buggy, crashing game. 

I think they’re lucky they don’t really have any competition, we could really do with AEW and the Wrestling code being good but let’s face it they’re working on different budgets from different starting points. 

It’s a few months in, of course it’s better than 2k20 (how could it not be) but I just think longevity wise, what’s going to bring you back to this game and keep you playing it in six or nine months from now outside of it being your only option? i install the DLC, have a couple matches with the new people and then what….? What keeps you playing? 

every time there is a new DLC...i make the mistake of playing this game again. 

Just wanted to test out Hurricane. So i had a match vs. the Rock. I will say it sounded like there was at least one or two unique voice lines hinting at their feud? Which if was the case is a great touch. But then was immediately ruined by Corey giving some weird 4th wall breaking tips about strategy like combos etc which was odd and out of place.

Back to the matter at hand. The match was nothing like any ROCK match that i've ever seen or that he would have. He spent most of the time trying carry moves on me or dragging me to the corner. Doing Floyd Mayweather boxing dodges and hitting me with Elbows. He then proceeded to do Mounted Punches 5 on me.....3 times in a row. 

I wanted to test out Hurricanes new SHining wizard. But that was a no go. Since they removed the ability to put ppl in kneeling positions.

This game is just flat out bad. I could rant for about 3 pages about how much i hate the weird stance switching constantly, or how infuriating it is that climb, exit/enter ring and dodge are all on the same button, or how it never recognizes when i try to do my 2nd Sig/FInisher.

Edited by eastcoastkody

I've never once had an issue with trying to do Alternate Finishers/Signatures in JBI-2K19 by pressing the Finisher Button and a Direction as the modifier. It seems like 2K22 has a mind of it's own as every time I get to play it, I'll try to do a certain character's secondary Finisher and it will always do the same one no matter what. It happened to me several times, I specifically remember it happening to me when I was playing as Umaga back when the Banzai pack came out.

The whole controls are a damn mess.

My primary finisher comes out about 75% of the time that I want to perform a secondary finisher. It's insane that the devs don't care to fix this.

I also can't stand that all diving attacks become an axe handle if the opponent is standing too close to the turnbuckle. I don't think I've played a single match yet where my wrestler didn't randomly perform something that isn't assigned to their moveset. It's ridiculous.

I liked this game well enough at launch, but the more I play it the more I long for a reversion to 2K19. The gameplay designers are just throwing darts at a board at this point -- I frankly don't think they understand (or even care) what makes a wrestling match a wrestling match.

Is the falling variation of the lifting reverse ddt still in the game? I downloaded Armando for Umaga and im working on a moveset for him but can’t find his DDT.  just the sitout variation. 

but yeah the finishers suck in this game. Normally I hate having someone have just one finisher in the game but you almost have to now because you never hit it. I got tired of winning matches with Umaga’a Piledriver so I just changed both his moves to the Samoan Spike. I thought it was just me being dumb and not hitting the right button so i’m glad it’s not just me 😭😭😭😭

2 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

every time there is a new DLC...i make the mistake of playing this game again. 

Just wanted to test out Hurricane. So i had a match vs. the Rock. I will say it sounded like there was at least one or two unique voice lines hinting at their feud? Which if was the case is a great touch. But then was immediately ruined by Corey giving some weird 4th wall breaking tips about strategy like combos etc which was odd and out of place.

Back to the matter at hand. The match was nothing like any ROCK match that i've ever seen or that he would have. He spent most of the time trying carry moves on me or dragging me to the corner. Doing Floyd Mayweather boxing dodges and hitting me with Elbows. He then proceeded to do Mounted Punches 5 on me.....3 times in a row. 

I wanted to test out Hurricanes new SHining wizard. But that was a no go. Since they removed the ability to put ppl in kneeling positions.

This game is just flat out bad. I could rant for about 3 pages about how much i hate the weird stance switching constantly, or how infuriating it is that climb, exit/enter ring and dodge are all on the same button, or how it never recognizes when i try to do my 2nd Sig/FInisher.

You can put people in kneeling positions... When they are seating, move the analog left or right.....

Come to think of it, I've never actually used my finisher in this game... never finished a match, lel.  Maybe one day.  I just hate trying to do suplexes etc.--you know, real moves--and just kicking and punching instead.  It's like we're back to WWF Wrestlemania on NES.  The first one.

1 hour ago, Glen Coco said:

but yeah the finishers suck in this game. Normally I hate having someone have just one finisher in the game but you almost have to now because you never hit it. I got tired of winning matches with Umaga’a Piledriver so I just changed both his moves to the Samoan Spike. I thought it was just me being dumb and not hitting the right button so i’m glad it’s not just me 😭😭😭😭

That’s EXACTLY what I did with Umaga too! I wanted to destroy Mysterio with a Samoan Spike so I played a match and he did the Rikishi Driver every single time I went for it, I quit changed the finishers to the 2 new Samoan Spikes and did the match again

My love for WWE Video Games goes a looonnnng way, (I'm 35). 

NEVER in my life have I experienced a WWE video game with so many problems and issues. WWE 2K22 was meant to be better than the tragedy that was 2K20 and it is on the verge of actually being the worse. I am the type of WWE gamer who can enjoy playing a wrestling game by simply playing in Exhibition mode. I played Universe Mode for like a week and lost interest because the match cards seemed repetitive. All of the bugs, glitches and freezes in the game keeps me from being able to use the Creation Suite. You can't update or save a CAW without the game freezing because of this new patch 1.14.

If WWE 2K22 continues to break down each time there's an update, I might be tempted to going back to playing 2K19. This is ridiculous.

54 minutes ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

That’s EXACTLY what I did with Umaga too! I wanted to destroy Mysterio with a Samoan Spike so I played a match and he did the Rikishi Driver every single time I went for it, I quit changed the finishers to the 2 new Samoan Spikes and did the match again

the first match i played with Umaga i hit the Piledriver FIVE times before I gave up and just won with his body splash. It was ridiculous 

44 minutes ago, JasonKortare said:

My love for WWE Video Games goes a looonnnng way, (I'm 35). 

NEVER in my life have I experienced a WWE video game with so many problems and issues. WWE 2K22 was meant to be better than the tragedy that was 2K20 and it is on the verge of actually being the worse. I am the type of WWE gamer who can enjoy playing a wrestling game by simply playing in Exhibition mode. I played Universe Mode for like a week and lost interest because the match cards seemed repetitive. All of the bugs, glitches and freezes in the game keeps me from being able to use the Creation Suite. You can't update or save a CAW without the game freezing because of this new patch 1.14.

If WWE 2K22 continues to break down each time there's an update, I might be tempted to going back to playing 2K19. This is ridiculous.

It’s hilarious how the game was praised on arrival and 2K *censored*ed it up while trying to make “improvements”. I hated 2K20 but *Censored*…. atleast I had a better time playing that than this. Some matches are great and then some are just buggy as hell.I thought i would love to learn it but outside of the DLC it has absolutely no replay value 

One thing that I will say is that not all hope is gone with 2K22. WWE 2K22 can still be an enjoyable game once ALL the DLC is done and over with and they will have no need to update us with anything else. I think a lot of gamers such as myself can create a lot of fun using Exhibition mode and putting together the Creation Suite filled with CAWs that they love. I guess there is always that fear that perhaps WWE 2K22 will have freezes and crashes even when all of the DLC arrives. Imagine the end of 2022 and this game will still have the same problems.

55 minutes ago, Glen Coco said:

the first match i played with Umaga i hit the Piledriver FIVE times before I gave up and just won with his body splash. It was ridiculous 

It’s hilarious how the game was praised on arrival and 2K *censored*ed it up while trying to make “improvements”. I hated 2K20 but *Censored*…. atleast I had a better time playing that than this. Some matches are great and then some are just buggy as hell.I thought i would love to learn it but outside of the DLC it has absolutely no replay value 

I really am hoping that WWE 2K22 creators release a statement in regards to the patch 1.14 situation being the worse one ever. I'm gonna be honest, I want an explanation lol

Yeah if they just revert the gameplay back to 2K19's gameplay with the newer graphics and stuff it would be perfect. Thing that worries me with 2K23 is since 2K22 was such a big hit and praised they likely think all the changes was great and will keep them going forward and build on them. I just hope they're aware of the majority of people who hate the combo system, who hate locking up to do grapple moves, who hate the fighting stances and boxing dodges. Just get rid of having to lock up to do grapples, get rid of the forced combo system, get rid of the boxing stances and dodges, and get it more back to the way 2K19 was.

I do have some great matches here and there and the game has its moments, sometimes matches can be bad but sometimes if you play it the right way you can have a pretty realistic competitive wrestling match, i had a pretty good match as A-Kid with some cool reversal spots