Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bushy. said:

Idk why, but this game just isn’t hitting for me anymore. I’m kinda just… bored. Even though it’s a good game. 

It's because there is no variety in the gameplay. 

And since wrestlers almost never sell in the game now, setting up spots or letting what just happened breathe is even harder to do now, and that was a complaint of mine before.

i been telling yall since day 1....the gameplay isn't good.  its shallow as hell.  And as a wrestling game it completely fails. 

I've played every WWE game since 2008. I would put 2k22 in the bottom of the barrel with Battlegrounds, 2k20 and 2k15. 

Graphically its great. And i have fun with GM. DLC roster is also amazing. Nearly everything else tho, i hate. Even the gd entrances. yes they look visually cool....but now they don't like like the real entrances. 

and CAW is a nightmare to use. It took me like 8 mins just to find where the hair section was

2 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

i been telling yall since day 1....the gameplay isn't good.  its shallow as hell.  And as a wrestling game it completely fails. 

I've played every WWE game since 2008. I would put 2k22 in the bottom of the barrel with Battlegrounds, 2k20 and 2k15. 

Graphically its great. And i have fun with GM. DLC roster is also amazing. Nearly everything else tho, i hate. Even the gd entrances. yes they look visually cool....but now they don't like like the real entrances. 

and CAW is a nightmare to use. It took me like 8 mins just to find where the hair section was

Yeah, 2K22 isn’t even in my top 10 when it comes to wrestling games. 

13 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

It's because there is no variety in the gameplay. 

That yeah.
If at least the gameplay would feel different who you play as, which style they have...but thats not the case.
Unless you force yourself to choose a specific style, every match is built the same.

And the combos as nice as they were at the beginning, were never going to be a long term feature that keeps people interested.
You just have to force too much to make it fun and engaging instead of the game managing to do that with its gameplay on its own.

Its right back to making Caws and only playing to test stuff out...the fun part of playing, held longer than in recent times but in the end i had longer fun playing 2k19 than 2k22.

I’m glad the honeymoon phase has worn off on this game for most people now.

I knew it was going to be disappointing from the moment the Hit-List trailer dropped. The Combo System and downgraded Grapple/Strike/Moveset layout mechanics are the biggest problems in the game. It was pretty much perfect in 2K19.

The grapple tie ups for almost all positions is just so unbelievably bad. The No selling is bad. No more assignable Skills/Abilities was a terrible choice. Payback choice was better in 19 and Comeback was a Ability. The attribute caps are bad, especially since you can’t freely assign a CAW’s weight anymore.

Speaking of CAWs the Body Morphing/Adjustment is completely missing with only templates to choose from which doesn’t get talked about enough. What a monumental step backwards (and despite this there is STILL minor clipping although I never really cared about minor clipping, I’d much rather have customizable bodies.)

All this game has going for it is better graphics for In-Game models and environments, updated roster, better Highlight Reel function and that’s about it. 

13 hours ago, WolfpacPrinxe said:

Loading times in general are a pain to get through in this game. 2K19 is like 5x faster than 2K22 and that’s me playing 2K19 on my PS4 while 2K22 on my PS5. 

going thru moves in create a moveset  in 2k20 is lightning fast compared to 2k22

CAM is a bloated, disorganized mess. Why are special moves randomly in the middle of the listing now instead of at the end? There's also really no rhyme or reason as to what counts as a strike attack and what counts as a grapple move. Why can certain strike-style moves be used as grapples (like a headbutt) while others can't? It all feels so poorly thought out and arbitrarily restrictive.

Edited by RyanCE

28 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

going thru moves in create a moveset  in 2k20 is lightning fast compared to 2k22

I forgot about that. That’s an issue as well. I made like 3 or 4 move sets when I had a my chances to play the game and I couldn’t believe how slow the scroll is. Should be something they could fix in a patch but it’s still there for some reason.

There are definitely things I like about the game, like if they can fix homing then springboards have objectively been improved on (still waiting on goddamn inside springboard finishers though!) But for every thing it does well, it does two things that bug the hell out of me.

I didn't hate the controls of 2k20, and for the most part I don't entirely hate these ones, but signatures and finishers are absolutely infuriating because the game can't decide what constitutes tapping and holding, and God forbid you have one finisher from the front and one from behind, as it arbitrarily switches around which is which depending on where you are.

As said, giving us multiple combos and grapples in combos WAS a good idea, especially for strike based wrestlers, but it absolutely should not have been the main focus of gameplay. They butchered a fantastic grapple system that did an excellent job for simulation, they hurt strong strikes for from what I can tell is absolutely no benefit whatsoever, and that stupid stun metre means nothing other than selling is a thing of the past. Please get rid of it and just have them stay down more as the match goes on. And don't get me started on caw mode because seriously, I want to smack whoever was in charge of those decisions.

The things I love, the new transitional animations, everyone having kip up and being able to use it by spending a signature bar which allows for some surprises, faster run speed, etc. Just can't make up for the things I feel weigh the game down, add to that that we're seeing more bugs and legacy bugs with each patch and I start to wonder what the hell they were doing when they "rebuilt the engine from the ground up".

Of course as per usual, I place the blame squarely on managers and higher ups. The poor guys in the trenches only do what they're told and I'm sure some feel the same way.

Edited by CROSS-Out

2 hours ago, WarGreymon77 said:

I remember asking a while back about a lifting choke hold... Just found the perfect one.  "Elevated Vise Grip".  Just like the move from WCW Nitro.

Yeah, that’s FrankenStrowman’s finisher from 2K20 hence why the move looks a bit goofy and unnatural. 

There’s more negatives than positives with this game. The fact that everyone has those dumb boxing/fighting stances which looks off on most of the roster. Mostly all of the basic light attacks have a boxing animation of sorts that looks cartoonish and horrible. Getting rid of Skills, Abilities and OMGs was a horrible decision. For example, now you can’t give Cesaro all of his moves you’ll have to sacrifice two signature moves while his others will be unassigned like his Gutwrench Suplex Combo. That wouldn’t be the case if his UFO & King of Swing were OMGs. I had to give him the Very European Uppercut & King of Swing as sigs while having him have the Neutralizer & Sharpshooter as finishers. 

Edited by WolfpacPrinxe

13 hours ago, RyanCE said:

CAM is a bloated, disorganized mess. Why are special moves randomly in the middle of the listing now instead of at the end? There's also really no rhyme or reason as to what counts as a strike attack and what counts as a grapple move. Why can certain strike-style moves be used as grapples (like a headbutt) while others can't? It all feels so poorly thought out and arbitrarily restrictive.

Yeah, i have at least 8 or what caws in the pipeline but i dread going into CAM to do their movesets.
Its so messy and its absolutely not helping how random they name some of the moves, you waste so much time on this mode just trying to make sense of it.

I love the amount of moves for sure, but just because there are many moves, doesnt mean the mode has to be structured this bloated and messy.

One that really pisses me off about the game is the same reused reversal animations. I am TIRED of seeing ground stomps countered into a dragon screw, and then standing grapples countered into a horribly animated German suplex. Those two ALONE make me not want to play anymore. 

They happen every match, multiple times. 

i’m about to finally start editing movesets today. I tried once before but i hated how bloated it looked and told myself i was going to tough it out but some of these moves are starting to become utterly unbearable and takes me out of the match :☠️

hopefully the dlc tomorrow has some good moves added in too.

The new patch is out, and...

• The Vader Bomb pin combo still looks glitchy
  • Sidewalk Slam 4 and Corner Running Splash 2 still can't be assigned as regular moves
  • Boogeyman still can't trigger Corner Running Splash 2 as a signature if Corner Running Splash 1 is also assigned to him
  • Vader's middle rope Diving Body Block still triggers an axe handle most of the time