Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

2 hours ago, snakebiteSB said:

I'm guessing patches won't be coming out until either the day before or on the day of DLC drops because of all the modded stuff that appeared on CC before the Banzai Pack dropped?

From what I gather, it seems from looking at the Steam database, there's a patch currently in QA, which has been there since maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe there's issues with the patch?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Anyone know the best guy on CC with the most accurate movesets uploaded? i need to get around to fixing most of the movesets.

I’m currently in process of fixing all of the rosters movesets. Search tags are: WolfpacePrinxe, Reddit, and Realistic. 

Does anyone have a good way to cheese the 8 man ladder matches? been playing through the proving ground and just having a miserable time every time I get to them. Its bordering on impossible just the ladder staying up. I know they want to make it tough so you are tricked into buying cards, but honestly even if you got a level 100 card with the best stats in the game it would make no differance because its all luck if you get enough time to grab it

18 hours ago, glennsoe said:

That should be common sense.
People can expect more from a sequel, when we have a publisher who invests money, everyone is kind of on the same wavelength and they know what to work on, what worked and what not.

People shouldnt expect a 2k like game with the AEW license.
This will be a very simple game with very limited content...at the very least when it releases.
How the game evolves over time, with DLC and so on...impossible to say.

But for now people should just think that this might be a neat first AEW video game...but it wont set the world on fire.

2 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Question is if this will be a one & done game for aew?

Knowing how impatience the fans of wrestling videogames is, they need to come out with something good from the get go..

Sounds like Yukes have been a giant pain to deal with during development. Considering this game is already WAY overbudget, I wouldn't expect another AEW game for a while. They could end up needing a new developer after this game comes out.

I just hope the game has good post-launch support. There's slated to be around 50 stars available at launch, with no word on post-launch content. There's about 110 people on the AEW roster at the moment. So A LOT of key people will be missing from this game.

Edited by xphen0m

Hopefully 2K will patch in more moves that are missing. I was updating Umaga’s moveset last night and realized that the GunnSlinger is the only swinging side slam that’s in the game. His has been removed. There were like 3 versions of the move in 2K19 and 2K20.  Pedigree 1, Stone Cold Stunner 2 & Torture Rack Neckbreaker 2 is also missing. 

Oh they better release them as free DLC or in the update...their behaviour on this is god awful.
I can forgive a lot, if they have a problem with modding because it breaks the game...fine.

But then come forward and tell it the community open.
At first acting like the Modding community is vital but then cutting their legs off and treat them like they do awful things...not cool at all.

Outside of the Renders whos importance i still dont get, 2k22 offers less to the people that kept 2k19 alive since 2018.
Universe mode is worse and broken, Caw has more restrictions and the same problems people beg to be dealt with for years, modders get knocked down.
And yet the community tries its best to work with this all.

I really try to like this game but every time I go back it, it plays so flawed. I played with Brock against slapjack and he kicked out of an f5 and gave me a crazy match which shows stats don’t even matter in this game.

presentation is nice but I really hope they do something about gameplay. It looks so awkward when some running attacks are blocked like a mortal kombat game.

maybe I’m alone on this but can’t even properly enjoy dlc with the way it plays

Edited by NiceTwice