Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone love myfaction enough to report things for it. Locking different attires and things behind it sucks because there is no entrances, you cant pick arenas or match you just have to use them with what you are given.

I have played some myfaction but I dont get how anyone would spend money on the cards for it. who honestly wants to deal with the endless stream of 4 on 4 matches and ladder matches it keeps giving you. 

9 hours ago, AegisAvenger said:

FShVE4CXwAEbbD9?format=png&name=small

Apparently, it is this guy.

This guy is a douche bag and how is it ruining myfaction when in reality myfaction is ruining the game with 2K locking attires and models behind a damn paywall I personally think myfaction is a pointless game mode

12 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

imo, he's the reason the movesets were ruined in the first place a decade ago. Yukes used to do all the movesets. And they were passable. Not perfect but nothing noticeably stupid.

then this guy took over. And all of a sudden everyone had floatover neckbreakers and michinoku drivers.  I remember in an interview he did, he mentioned requesting to be in charge of movesets that year, instead of Yukes doing them in-house. And that was the year the quality fell off a cliff.

Everyone likes him because he was the one that was getting all the New Japan & ROH moves into the Moves Pack DLC. Which at the time, i hated. Because there were so many missing moves for the in-game roster. And i also don't use CAWS so i had no use for most of the New Moves they were adding in those packs. But with the benefit of hindsight i can see i was wrong. Because about 90% of the wrestlers those moves were for, all ended up in WWE eventually.

There hasn't been a single WWE game with passable-to-good default movesets since Day of Reckoning 2, and that came out 17 years ago.

I don't know why it's so difficult for the dev team to just watch wrestling matches and assign the moves they see being performed. That's literally all wrestling is -- a sequence of moves. I can't tell you how many streams I've watched where wrestlers like Xavier Woods express confusion or openly laugh at their own movesets in these games.

I'm so passionate about movesets (or more specifically the accurate portrayal of wrestlers) that I'd be willing to help out pro bono.

12 hours ago, TheEggman said:

How can anyone love myfaction enough to report things for it. Locking different attires and things behind it sucks because there is no entrances, you cant pick arenas or match you just have to use them with what you are given.

I have played some myfaction but I dont get how anyone would spend money on the cards for it. who honestly wants to deal with the endless stream of 4 on 4 matches and ladder matches it keeps giving you. 

Exactly, whats the point of having stuff like AJ and Seth's WM attires, who cares about using that in terrible 4 on 4 tag matches with no entrances. I wanna be able to use that stuff in mode like Universe, exhibition, rivalries, i don't care about any of that if i can only use them in multi man tag matches with a laundry list of boring objectives to complete.

What they should do is if you get their card it unlocks for the entire game, see then i'd be way more inclined to play the mode to get all that stuff unlocked for the game, it would give the mode a reason to play for me, cause why do i care about unlocking that exclusive to stuff just to only be able to use it in a mode thats not fun?

Edited by J-man89

Bryan Williams being back is great news to this series for me. People can hate he brought stuff from other promotions but I like it and caws are a major part of this game. In the many years of this series he's the one guy I seen always has shown passion for creating these games.

I've said it before but the current 2k team seem to have little interest in wrestling which wont help towards game being stimulation and I can see Bryan helping that change a bit.

3 hours ago, RyanCE said:

I'd pay for the classic Hogan card if it unlocked him in other modes, but I'm not spending a cent on microtransactions exclusive to MyFaction.

Exactly what i'm saying, 2K doesn't understand that if they made it where you unlock those models and attires for all modes way more people would be buying packs to unlock them. Cause i like the AJ WM attire and Rollins WM attire, and stuff but i couldn't give a shit about them if i can only use them in MyFaction in terrible multi man tag matches without entrances or anything. They seem to think if they make that stuff exclusive to MyFaction it entices people to play that mode, no its doesn't, i don't care what model it is, what attire it is, they're useless to me being locked in MyFaction.

Edited by J-man89

Makes even less sense that the MyRise characters were not unlocked in the rest of the game. Especially since they have been in the past. I just don’t understand as developers, you spend all this time on a model/attire and you don’t try to give the player every chance to use your work.

7 hours ago, RyanCE said:

There hasn't been a single WWE game with passable-to-good default movesets since Day of Reckoning 2, and that came out 17 years ago.

I don't know why it's so difficult for the dev team to just watch wrestling matches and assign the moves they see being performed. That's literally all wrestling is -- a sequence of moves. I can't tell you how many streams I've watched where wrestlers like Xavier Woods express confusion or openly laugh at their own movesets in these games.

I'm so passionate about movesets (or more specifically the accurate portrayal of wrestlers) that I'd be willing to help out pro bono.

It was the same with Mia Yim when she played the game as herself and as reckoning. She was baffled at some of the moves. She even said in one of the moves "that's Shaynas move!!" then "well the last time I did this was like 10 years ago..." and so on.

The easiest thing would be to either sit down with the wrestlers and ask them which moves they are doing (in case they don't know them or don't even bother to watch wrestling themselves) OR at least ask them to write their moveset down and send it in.

I'm pretty sure that no wrestler would be against it or make problems because of such a thing. They are happy to be featured after all.

On 5/12/2022 at 3:39 AM, AegisAvenger said:

FShVE4CXwAEbbD9?format=png&name=small

Apparently, it is this guy.

How in the world are the models "ruining" the MyFaction mode????

They have nothing to do with it after all, nor do they appear on it.

Seriously out of place here. I guess he wanted to prove that "whatchthesmoke" means he smokes something and a lot of it.... -.-

Are they ever gonna bother addressing facing away diving finishers bug? Just had a match as Io Shirai and just kept moonsaulting to the outside of the ring even though my opponent was down inside the ring, eventually i just had to use a rollup to win, this bug is just *censored*ing ridiculous. All the patches that come out with a giant list of fixes and this is NEVER acknowledged.

Edited by J-man89

6 hours ago, NiceTwice said:

Bryan Williams being back is great news to this series for me. People can hate he brought stuff from other promotions but I like it and caws are a major part of this game. In the many years of this series he's the one guy I seen always has shown passion for creating these games.

I've said it before but the current 2k team seem to have little interest in wrestling which wont help towards game being stimulation and I can see Bryan helping that change a bit.

Passion is good. but competence trumps it.

Righteous Gaming or whatever is passionate. a real true wrestling fan for sure. But has no clue what hes doing

I will take someone that knows what they're doing over someone that likes what they are doing

5 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

Passion is good. but competence trumps it.

Righteous Gaming or whatever is passionate. a real true wrestling fan for sure. But has no clue what hes doing

I will take someone that knows what they're doing over someone that likes what they are doing

Here's my weekly reminder that big righteous sucks.

I lost so much time fixing the movesets this year u.u