Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

27 minutes ago, WarGreymon77 said:

I was just trying to figure out why this year's DLC is so bad.

Don't really think the DLC is that bad TBH.  Good mix of legends, current names, even a few celebs. If you don't agree, that's just your personal feelings, don't think it has to mean anything deeper.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finally got around to watching the moves videos. Gonna be a shame when they remove the old Rumpshaker and Banzai drops next year. 

Because the new ones aren't right. Yoko and Rikishi didn't do the banzai drop like it was a vader bomb and slingshot into it like slingshot bronco buster or something. They just held the ropes and jumped down

I had to delete WWE 2K22 off of my PS5. There’s now WAAAAAAAAY too many restrictions on CAS and CAS parts. Why are there now entrance restrictions for certain parts that weren’t there before? Why are some parts restricted to entrances, Period? Why? Can someone tell me why? Given the parts that are arbitrarily restricted, I’m starting to think it’s NOT a geometry or memory issue as those parts were fine before. Why do so many parts conflict? Why were moves removed? Why are there so many glitches? This game can be summed up in one word. Why?

5 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Don't really think the DLC is that bad TBH.  Good mix of legends, current names, even a few celebs. If you don't agree, that's just your personal feelings, don't think it has to mean anything deeper.

Yeah the DLC is pretty damn good imo, as you said great mix of current wrestlers and legends, like i never dreamed we'd see Umaga or Hurricane or Yokozuna, or Boogeyman, its a wild mix of such random wrestlers but i love all of them. And we aren't getting current wrestlers in one pack like most of the past DLC, we're getting alot spread out in every pack, which is great, it was always annoying have to wait for the one pack that would update your current roster.

The more I play this game I can enjoy it and at the same time get irritated by it. Wrestling not being a real sport leaves things more loose to not have to take itself serious and be stimulation but I really hope they aim towards that even though I don’t think the people at 2k have anyone paying that mind.

I got the game today and played a few matches, but I don't like it much so far. :c 

I will really have to get used to the new combat system, but I feel like matches are ending too soon and it feels too easy. None of the matches had climatic moments and they just ended randomly. 

I don't even know what I expected, honestly. 

I think one of the worse things for me is that the strike focus and removal of stuff like the opening tie up has left me feeling like every match is missing a third of itself. Like, every match goes through stages and it feels like 1 or 2 stages to every match is missing unless both both wrestlers are strikers.

Im glad we got some new hairstyles for women in the recent patch but im rather annoyed a couple of them seem to not be usable for men. the Rhea Ripley hairstyle in particular would work wonders for an idea I have.

32 minutes ago, Baiborpr said:

I wish MyFaction didn’t have some many multi man matches. Kinda wish they had more single towers 

I wish MyFaction used custom movesets instead of the default ones.

I just can't play with big righteous movesets in myfaction....

On 4/23/2022 at 1:01 PM, eastcoastkody said:

finally got around to watching the moves videos. Gonna be a shame when they remove the old Rumpshaker and Banzai drops next year. 

Because the new ones aren't right. Yoko and Rikishi didn't do the banzai drop like it was a vader bomb and slingshot into it like slingshot bronco buster or something. They just held the ropes and jumped down

dude...fatu captured these and we had plenty of footage of them. he did a phenomenal job. 

captured for rikishi and modified for yoko. not gonna shoot two separate motions for a single bounce.  could have left the arms out and people would have complained that yoko's doing rikishi's taunt. 

also his complaint was that he didn't slingshot like a vader bomb. didn't mention anything about the bouncing... i think the video shows the actual form of the move is consistent.

To be quite honest, I dont think you could ever get a banzai drop that looks exactly like Yokos without having him himself do the mocap, which.. well, not really viable in 2022.

I am adoring the new fire thunder driver though, I know some people want a version without the rikishi arms out taunt but even with it it suits my female MyRise character perfectly.. now if only I could make her body match the way i view her in my head. God I hope they reverse this silly decision to limit body morphing next time.

Hopefully though the issues with dives and the weird issue with the grounded banzai drop with the throat slash animation get fixed in future patches though. I really dont wanna see us fall back into the old pattern of every small bug that shows up going untouched. I don't think the mocappers are the problem but damn i wish I knew what they pay their bug testers for because whatever it is it might be too much.

10 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

To be quite honest, I dont think you could ever get a banzai drop that looks exactly like Yokos without having him himself do the mocap, which.. well, not really viable in 2022.

I am adoring the new fire thunder driver though, I know some people want a version without the rikishi arms out taunt but even with it it suits my female MyRise character perfectly.. now if only I could make her body match the way i view her in my head. God I hope they reverse this silly decision to limit body morphing next time.

Hopefully though the issues with dives and the weird issue with the grounded banzai drop with the throat slash animation get fixed in future patches though. I really dont wanna see us fall back into the old pattern of every small bug that shows up going untouched. I don't think the mocappers are the problem but damn i wish I knew what they pay their bug testers for because whatever it is it might be too much.

i don't know what issues you're talking about

25 minutes ago, RickyBobby said:

i don't know what issues you're talking about

For diving moves there's two main issues at the moment. The first is that some seem to randomly just have their targeting turn off; the second is an odd (and humorous) bug regarding face away dive moves if you climb the turnbuckle facing away (EG, climbing the turnbuckle facing away from the ring, and attempting a moonsault). If the opponent is not lined up properly, the character sometimes will spin 180 degrees and moonsault/whatever move you were doing out of the ring to the ringside instead.

As for the throat slash banzai drop, if you use this move (in my case im using it as a regular strong strike for my female MyRise character), and don't use the pin combo, when you get up after the game seems to think that the opponent you just used it on is standing up even when they're still on the ground. This leads to things like striking having you throw a standing combo instead of stomping on them, or trying to grapple the air. You can wait for this to fix itself or get them up with a wake up taunt but its a noticeable small issue if you're like me and tend to use the grounded heavy strike a lot.

Also the issue with characters just.. not bouncing off the ropes is still there, but im fairly sure you guys know about that one.

2 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Im one of those, i love the old fire thunder driver too, its so great animated...would love to have a fire thunder driver without the taunt however.
Its not some overly goofy taunt so its not too bad, but i always look at moves how they would be done in late match stages when its about catching the opponent by surprise and all.
Having the additional seconds for the taunt, takes away from the fast momentum change.
So i definitly would appreciate a Fire Thunder Driver without taunt.

11 hours ago, RickyBobby said:

captured for rikishi and modified for yoko. not gonna shoot two separate motions for a single bounce.  could have left the arms out and people would have complained that yoko's doing rikishi's taunt. 

also his complaint was that he didn't slingshot like a vader bomb. didn't mention anything about the bouncing... i think the video shows the actual form of the move is consistent.

7lANirn.jpgyvv7lXr.jpg58YQYLF.png

his foots 2 Feet above the top rope. he's damn near in a handstand. I mean theres just no way thats right. It looks like he's about to do a Vader bomb. The old seated corner Banzai Drop 3 is probably the most accurate looking Banzai. As also this new one lands in the wrong spot to.  It lands on stomach instead of the chest like its supposed to.

Guest Fight Me.

I personally think it looks so sick but it kinda lacks impact. Like that earthquake effect other moves have lmao

I had to change Umaga's alt finisher though. For some reason most times when I do charged finishers, it hits the second finisher more often than not. Even if I'm not moving the stick in any direction. It says hold to do alt finisher but I seem to have a harder time hitting the main finisher. Plus, why have 3 Samoan Spikes and only assign one that he mainly hits on smaller wrestlers? Lol

Archived