Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, RyanCE said:

I just noticed that the patch removed the new Corner Choke 2 for some reason.

I've been meaning to ask about that move. It was down as a downloadable move but it didn't appear to be assigned to anyone counted as downloadable, the nWo wrestlers, etc. Perhaps this means it was there accidentally and will be coming later.

17 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Please tell me he doesn't look like the incredible hulk in terms of size, they made Hogan ridiculously too large, he makes Cena look like a crusierweight.

It's for sure going to be the exact same model, just touched up to look retro. They really need to redo Hogan next year he's so distractingly large that I don't even use him. 

On 4/19/2022 at 3:05 PM, Jeb ★ said:

I guess lol, still sucks. WALTER’s default entrance has an animation where he takes off his coat but for alternate attires they just made it so he doesn’t. They could do the same with Charlotte’s robe and Bianca’s glasses. If they’re gonna have so many entrances with prop animations it would’ve been nice to also mocap slight alternate animations usable with alternate attires

I'd assume it's because Charlotte had an old entrance animation they could recycle, whereas they were forced to make an alternative for WALTER because this is his debut game and, as a result, he had no old animation like Charlotte does.

No clue what the issue is with Bianca. I'm pretty sure Sasha still just removes an invisible pair of glasses in alt attires.

Edited by EssBee

59 minutes ago, Jay Mace said:

I just found out that if you default teams in options, it will put the entire Hurt Bussiness together. Unfortunately, it deletes your custom teams....

And doesn't work in already made universe mode saves.

I really hope they're able to add promos in Universe back in a patch, as flawed as they was in 2K20 it still made your show in universe feel a bit more like an actual show having promos here and there in between matches. It also gave rivals a different thing to do some weeks other than attacking their rival in a match, you could have a call out before a ppv, a promo after a ppv after winning a title bragging. With promos gone its just match after match after match after match, theres nothing in between to break that up a bit and have someone in their suit or street clothes come out and change it up a bit.

Also promos was a great way to turn someone heel you want to go heel, or turn a heel face, now theres no way to really do that other than going and changing their alignment and suddenly they're a heel one week with no explanation.

3 hours ago, J-man89 said:

I really hope they're able to add promos in Universe back in a patch, as flawed as they was in 2K20 it still made your show in universe feel a bit more like an actual show having promos here and there in between matches. It also gave rivals a different thing to do some weeks other than attacking their rival in a match, you could have a call out before a ppv, a promo after a ppv after winning a title bragging. With promos gone its just match after match after match after match, theres nothing in between to break that up a bit and have someone in their suit or street clothes come out and change it up a bit.

Also promos was a great way to turn someone heel you want to go heel, or turn a heel face, now theres no way to really do that other than going and changing their alignment and suddenly they're a heel one week with no explanation.

i used to play these games mainly for Universe. I have barely touched it in 2k22. MyGM has replaced Universe for me

Are you trying the catching finisher on an opponent jumping at you from the turnbuckle or from the flapjack when they're running at you? Because the flapjack version does seem to be bugged and not currently working.

I think I've finally figured out why certain things go untouched for so long.  It's not a lack of caring or lack of effort.  Take Two simply doesn't allocate enough budget to the WWE team.  I actually believe THQ was willing to spend more money on a wrestling game, because WWE was THQ's bread and butter.  They needed us to stay afloat.  Take Two doesn't need us; the WWE games are low risk, low reward, steady income.

1 hour ago, WarGreymon77 said:

I think I've finally figured out why certain things go untouched for so long.  It's not a lack of caring or lack of effort.  Take Two simply doesn't allocate enough budget to the WWE team.  I actually believe THQ was willing to spend more money on a wrestling game, because WWE was THQ's bread and butter.  They needed us to stay afloat.  Take Two doesn't need us; the WWE games are low risk, low reward, steady income.

I'm sorry, but what?

2 hours ago, WarGreymon77 said:

Nah, modes would be added in the THQ days and then be untouched for years and then eventually removed for no reason, it’s always been the way. 

14 hours ago, WarGreymon77 said:

I think you may be looking back on the THQ era with rose tinted glasses. THQ were just as bad if not worse for that, with the added benefit of the asshole trio being absolutely fine with blatantly lying in their marketing.

25 minutes ago, glchitman said:

So is this version of Hogan going to be available in every game mode or is this just a stupid my faction thing?

Nobody knows yet.

I can forgive the combo system and the other gameplay changes I disagree with, but keeping certain wrestlers and gimmicks confined to a single game mode is the most boneheaded decision 2K has ever made with this franchise.

Edited by RyanCE