Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, quick question about MyRise. I had three matches in a row winning the US Championship...?

Just curious if it’s supposed to be happening like this. I’m on RAW and one of my first matches was winning the US Championship. Immediately afterwards I see a post on the Social Media where Samoa Joe is the champion randomly and doing an open challenge which I accept and become new champ.. again. And then afterwards I see ANOTHER post from Joe where he’s randomly the champion again and I have the option to challenge him?! Is it supposed to be happening like this where the championship doesn't stick from story to story? Just wanna make sure it's not some glitch before I mess anything up.

Also hello! This is my first time signing into this account since like 2007! 😁

Found on reddit, not sure how reliable 

Apperantly some caws of Umaga and Omos has these moves on CC..

Text is kinda hard to read, but it should say;

New moves in upcoming DLC (Omos & Umaga)

- High Angle Spinebuster (with pin) (Omos)
- Iron Claw 3 (Sub) (Omos)
- One-Handed Ring Toss-In (Omos)
- Corner Move that not work for now (Omos)

- Belly To Belly 9 (with pin) (Umaga)
- Samoan Drop 4 (with pin) (Umaga)
- Samoan Strike 2 (Umaga)

Taunts:
- Omos 1
- Omos 2

Edited by glennsoe

Guest Fight Me.

It's probably cause it's on a caw but Umaga's entrance seems so calm. Like he makes no facial expressions and he doesn't move as wild as he should be. Like whoever mocapped it put no emotion into it whatsoever. Hopefully it comes off better on the actual model.

1 hour ago, glennsoe said:

Why is Omos finisher got him lifting them up under their arms like a Sky High? doesn't he pick them up by the throat with both hands and slam them down? pretty sure its a two handed choke bomb. I think he did the under the arms version a few times but he's definitely done it with his hands around their throat/head way more.

Edited by J-man89

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

Why is Omos finisher got him lifting them up under their arms like a Sky High? doesn't he pick them up by the throat with both hands and slam them down? pretty sure its a two handed choke bomb. I think he did the under the arms version a few times but he's definitely done it with his hands around their throat/head way more.

2K always finds the worst version of moves being performed. Just take a look at Roman’s spear which is based off of that one match against AJ Styles at Payback 2016. Also the new Batista Bomb that was added in 2K18 that looked nothing like how Batista performed the move. 

18 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

I WAS gonna keep Imperium's new attires as caws with their new names, but it just isn't worth it. I mean I'm gonna keep the same entrance and everything so might as well. Don't wanna lose that special commentary and have em talking about generic dudes. It's not like the MyRise characters like King Corbin and Dijakovic that come with their own entrance and theme, that's different enough to keep separate for me. Having the attire name be their new name is fine. :lol:

But why wouldn’t you rather use Dijakovic ? Not only is the name and look better, but he was literally used better than “T-Bar”. That’s a perfect example of what I’m talking about lol 

Guest Fight Me.
27 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

But why wouldn’t you rather use Dijakovic ? Not only is the name and look better, but he was literally used better than “T-Bar”. That’s a perfect example of what I’m talking about lol 

Nah I do. He's one of the examples where I say it is worth keeping as a caw lol

8 hours ago, WolfpacPrinxe said:

2K always finds the worst version of moves being performed. Just take a look at Roman’s spear which is based off of that one match against AJ Styles at Payback 2016. Also the new Batista Bomb that was added in 2K18 that looked nothing like how Batista performed the move. 

Yeah and look at the Paige Turner, the one time Paige botched it they use that version, same with Toni Storm's new finisher the one time she botched it and done a DDT instead of a cutter they choose that version. It seriously is like they sit down and go "Hmm which version of this move looks the worst? or when did they botch it lets use that version just to screw with people it'll be so funny".

Edited by J-man89

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

Despite their flaws we're better off with them than EA.

my only argument for why we're not. 

#1 the franchise is going in the wrong direction imo. Less wrestling. More fighting. Removal of features and lots of moves. Addition of a microtransaction mode. This will continue and only get worse

#2 we're over 20 years deep in tangled Yukes code. And 2K is struggling to hold this thing together with duct-tape. And the game has only gotten buggier and more problematic since Yukes left.  The only solution is completely scrapping the game and starting over. As i believe there are rotten to the core and foundation like issues with the code. Thats why we are seeing bugs from years ago. And not just that but things that were fixed years ago, becoming problems again.

the only real plus to keeping 2k is that they have the leftover assets from Yukes and their own assets they've made. 

The way i see it it would take EA the same amount of time to make a tolerable WWE game, as it would take 2K to make a good wrestling game again. Because we're gonna have to put up with this fighting game bs for probably another game or two. Until the Killer Instinct guy leaves. And someone with a brain realizes it was a mistake

These movesets are such garbage lmao Trish doesn't even have her chick kick as a finisher or sig. It's literally 4 variations of a bulldog

I've been so busy playing around with the modes that I haven't changed anything but this is getting pretty ridiculous 🤣🤣

Edited by Glen Coco

22 hours ago, WolfpacPrinxe said:

Its very weird.
There is this one front suplex i think where they somehow messed up something and the person taking it, has his arm weirdly stiff so that the move looks incredible bad.
Worst of all, that suplex is in quite a few movesets i saw so far.

A lot of weird choices for the moves, makes you wonder if they rushed through motion capture and did only one take for every move.

12 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Despite their flaws we're better off with them than EA.

That we cant even say for sure until EA got a shot.
We can only assume based on EAs reputation, but thats about it.
I dont know how exclusive the wwe license is, but i would dip my toes in the water at least.
If there is interest and you can keep the wwe2k series at 2k, i would say go for it.
But i dont think something like this would ever happen, the wwe seems to be way too close minded in the gaming sector.

They could go really crazy with the license.
Immortals could have worked on the big consoles and maybe even made it big at EVO.
Brawl is still an idea i cry after, it looked like a fun brawler.
Battlegrounds has potential, WWE All Stars was so much fun.

2 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Its very weird.
There is this one front suplex i think where they somehow messed up something and the person taking it, has his arm weirdly stiff so that the move looks incredible bad.
Worst of all, that suplex is in quite a few movesets i saw so far.

A lot of weird choices for the moves, makes you wonder if they rushed through motion capture and did only one take for every move.

You mean Nakamura’s Gourdbuster? Because yeah, everyone has that in their movesets. It’s only suited for Nakamura because of his mannerisms added to the animation. It was added in 2K17. 

EA doesn't really make any strives to advance their games either. But even ignoring all of that for a minute the main issue with having someone else is that we'd be starting from scratch all over and probably lose a lot more than what we could gain in some cases, it sounds like a lose lose situation to me.