Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, devothedoob said:

what is the best way to create custom championships with custom logos? create it on something like photoshop and upload it?  Like I see some orriginals with full front plates and what not. I assume they are made with a photoshop but are there any templates?

I'm still trying to figure that out.  I don't like to just put logos on the strap, because it's not as 3D as using a real plate.  They got rid of the "filler" relief that I would use in previous games to fill out the plates (it was like a blank texture of the Big Gold), so I'm pissed off about that.

That sucks, but thats what i figured, when you upload renders you have to upload them through the custom portrait tab thats separate from the regular image tabs thats used in all the create modes.

I just don't get why 2K haven't addressed the issue yet, they have to know about it, here we are 2 patches out and no fix for it.

2 hours ago, J-man89 said:

That sucks, but thats what i figured, when you upload renders you have to upload them through the custom portrait tab thats separate from the regular image tabs thats used in all the create modes.

I just don't get why 2K haven't addressed the issue yet, they have to know about it, here we are 2 patches out and no fix for it.

It's probably too difficult for them to do it and they just said screw it lol. Sucks because it was a feature they really promoted and now we can't even use it properly.

2 hours ago, WarGreymon77 said:

I'm still trying to figure that out.  I don't like to just put logos on the strap, because it's not as 3D as using a real plate.  They got rid of the "filler" relief that I would use in previous games to fill out the plates (it was like a blank texture of the Big Gold), so I'm pissed off about that.

DUDE! I used to do the same thing...but I see some great customs this year and they seem to use some sort of logo template, ive downloaded a couple and they are very cleanly done.

So with the time that the game has been out, what have you guys preferred gameplay style wise 2K19 or 2K22?

I played 19 the other day for the first time since 22 released and I can honestly say prefer 22’s gameplay more. 

1 hour ago, Bushy. said:

So with the time that the game has been out, what have you guys preferred gameplay style wise 2K19 or 2K22?

I played 19 the other day for the first time since 22 released and I can honestly say prefer 22’s gameplay more. 

2K22 for sure, 2K22 the gameplay just feels more competitive, feels like the AI responds better, like you go for a hit to the AI on the top rope, they jump off, and immediately run at you to, the AI imo is the best its ever been. 2K19's gameplay is kinda boring in comparison, the AI aint as quick or as competitive, and the reversal stock makes everything more predictable. Yeah in 2K22 you can sometimes know what you need to hit to reverse but theres a ton of times still i guess wrong and take an ass beating for a bit, and weeks into the game i still find myself losing matches, alot, usually i'll be so good by this point its not even a challenge but it still is for me, i rarely find myself easily winning matches.

I prefer 2K19’s gameplay. It actually feels like I’m playin or watching an actual wrestling match. I play both 2K19 and 2K22 simultaneously. The AI is god awful most of the time in 2K22. Hopefully 2K is in the process of fixing the AI with patches and such. 

16 minutes ago, WolfpacPrinxe said:

I prefer 2K19’s gameplay. It actually feels like I’m playin or watching an actual wrestling match. I play both 2K19 and 2K22 simultaneously. The AI is god awful most of the time in 2K22. Hopefully 2K is in the process of fixing the AI with patches and such. 

I don't know what game you're playing but 2K22's gameplay feels great, feels like a wrestling match to me

very rarely do i get competitive sequences like this in 2k19

I've found myself having great matches with tons of fun sequences.

2K19 i feel gets a bit overrated due to how terrible 20 was so it looked like a god by comparison, but after like 4 years with that game i can't even bring myself to look at the cover of it, beyond burnt out on that game.

every time i see a video where someone says 2k22 is a amazing....watch this sequence.

Its just reversal spams and the fact the gameplay is sped up. Thats what they are liking.  2k19 can do that if u turn reversal stock off. And if the game didn't feel so stuck in the mud.

25 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

every time i see a video where someone says 2k22 is a amazing....watch this sequence.

Its just reversal spams and the fact the gameplay is sped up. Thats what they are liking.  2k19 can do that if u turn reversal stock off. And if the game didn't feel so stuck in the mud.

What about this? not really a reversal spam and imo a really realistic technical match, to me that match felt like a real match you'd see if those two faced each other. No aracdey theatrics or anything.

As far as reversal sequences, i enjoy reversal sequences where both guys are trading back and forth till one comes out on top and the AI doesn't walk around like a robot, to me that feels like a realistic match. You say people only like it cause its sped up, well the AI not moving like a zombie and providing you more of a challenge being quicker is a good thing, and the new reversal system making it more challenging is a big reason most are liking the gameplay yes, cause its more challenging. I can actually lose a match in this game, i boot up 2k19 and theres no chance i ever lose any match, which is boring asf to me.

Yes the combo system sucks, yes locking up to do moves needs to go but despite those two things i find the AI perfectly fine and am having fun.

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

I don't know what game you're playing but 2K22's gameplay feels great, feels like a wrestling match to me

2K19 i feel gets a bit overrated due to how terrible 20 was so it looked like a god by comparison, but after like 4 years with that game i can't even bring myself to look at the cover of it, beyond burnt out on that game.

Great clips ! I agree with you. The game is just so fun and fluid to me. 

1 hour ago, eastcoastkody said:

I honestly have no idea what you’re even talking about lol. I’ve never used reversal limits, ever. I had reversal fests in 19 more than 22. Idk what you mean by the game feeling “stuck in the mud”. Feels fine to me. 

I don’t even mean to by that guy, but if you genuinely gave it a chance and don’t like it, why still play it ?

2 hours ago, J-man89 said:

The No selling, stupid boxing fighting stances and shuffles, no rest holds, no stamina system,  no apron ground attacks and grapples, no chain wrestling. The game feels more like a strike fest and doesn’t resemble wrestling all that well. With the over exaggerated punches and strikes in general. It just doesn’t look natural and believable. I’ve made adjustments to some of the movesets and sliders so far. The game is a bit better. But with the terrible AI spamming the same attacks over and over again. It gets a bit tiresome and boring. I’m honestly bored with the gameplay after playing like 3 matches. A match I simmed between Walter vs Brock Lesnar was pretty good back & forth but when I simmed Ricochet vs Nakamura. That was a terrible match, missing diving attacks, going in and out of the ring. Constantly doing the same ground attacks. Running around the ring like an idiot, and spamming springboard attacks. I can get a better match on 2K19 between Ricochet and Nakamura other than that bullshit from 2K22 ?

5 hours ago, Bushy. said:

I honestly have no idea what you’re even talking about lol. I’ve never used reversal limits, ever. I had reversal fests in 19 more than 22. Idk what you mean by the game feeling “stuck in the mud”. Feels fine to me. 

I don’t even mean to by that guy, but if you genuinely gave it a chance and don’t like it, why still play it ?

i've never played 2k games WITHOUT reversal limits. Idk why u would since they introduced that feature. It fixed the problem we all complained about for years about matches being reversal fests.

and u know i was talking about 2k19 not 2k22

I've more than given 2k22 a chance. On a surface level...in a vacuum its a decent game. If this was just joe-blow game company.  And u just want something to pick-up and mash buttons its fine.  And if this released a decade ago it would be amazing.

But with how the game looks. And the legacy behind it. And what it represents i think it fails. Big Time.  The A.I is worse. Many of the problems that 2k fixed years ago are back.  The game is still buggy. The game overall feels rushed. Which is crazy considering they had more time.

and again. like i said. Everytime i see someone post a clip of 2k22 and label it "amazing sequence" ....it is always just a reverse fest. And them reacting to enjoying the slightly faster movement. All of which could've been achieved by just improving the game we already had. And not turning this into a shitty fighting game thats not a good arcade game and can't simulate realistic wrestling matches.

Fun game to play? yeh...sure

a game u can have something that resembles a real wrestling match??? not really

36 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

i've never played 2k games WITHOUT reversal limits. Idk why u would since they introduced that feature. It fixed the problem we all complained about for years about matches being reversal fests.

and u know i was talking about 2k19 not 2k22

I've more than given 2k22 a chance. On a surface level...in a vacuum its a decent game. If this was just joe-blow game company.  And u just want something to pick-up and mash buttons its fine.  And if this released a decade ago it would be amazing.

But with how the game looks. And the legacy behind it. And what it represents i think it fails. Big Time.  The A.I is worse. Many of the problems that 2k fixed years ago are back.  The game is still buggy. The game overall feels rushed. Which is crazy considering they had more time.

and again. like i said. Everytime i see someone post a clip of 2k22 and label it "amazing sequence" ....it is always just a reverse fest. And them reacting to enjoying the slightly faster movement. All of which could've been achieved by just improving the game we already had. And not turning this into a shitty fighting game thats not a good arcade game and can't simulate realistic wrestling matches.

Fun game to play? yeh...sure

a game u can have something that resembles a real wrestling match??? not really

I don't know what you want honestly for it to resemble a real wrestling match, i mean i posted this clip which imo is very much like a real wrestling match

You can have some pretty damn good wrestling simulation style matches, yes you can have a button mash arcadey style match, but thats only if you choose to play it that way. I rarely ever use the combo system and the AI i've found doesn't even use it that often, so thats almost not even a factor really, the locking up to do most things needs to go but i've gotten used to it. Its not perfect but by no means is the AI awful nor is it impossible to have amatch that resembles a real wrestling match.

Archived