Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand why models are locked behind MyFaction. It’s the base of a pay to play mode. It’s like Madden, there’s some legends you can only play as in Ultimate Team. I don’t like it but I get it to make people play the mode and spend money. I don’t get why models are locked behind MyRise. All those should be unlocked like all career modes in the past. Sure it’s great someone is putting them on CC but I shouldn’t have to use my slots for them.

5 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

the zoomed in camera is nice with how good the graphics are and all. But there are times where u can't even see above ur head. Im doing a taunt and i can't even see it

Yeah this is especially bad in MyRise in Ladder and Cage matches. The objective of the match covers up the meters and you can't see what button to press.

Seeing those retro superstars locked in MyFaction sure makes me irate with 2K. Why the F*** did they lock those characters in there. I for one don't play MyFaction, even in NBA 2K series I don't bother with those modes.

They should really patch those characters and make them selectable for other modes.

Edited by black_machismo

14 minutes ago, Luis LXXXV said:

What kind of retro versions are in MyFaction?

The Godfather, Shawn Michaels '97, Triple H '98 (actually '01), and The Rock '98 (actually '99) are currently all locked to MyFaction mode, and there's evidence that others like Mankind and Dude Love might show up in the future.

22 minutes ago, RyanCE said:

The Godfather, Shawn Michaels '97, Triple H '98 (actually '01), and The Rock '98 (actually '99) are currently all locked to MyFaction mode, and there's evidence that others like Mankind and Dude Love might show up in the future.

Oh wtf? That's some bullshit right there! I guess now I have a bigger reason to try out the mode but damn

I understand why 2K would want people to play MyFaction in order to unlock/purchase certain characters, but what's the logic in keeping those characters contained to one mode? Why shouldn't unlocking Godfather in MyFaction also unlock him for use in other modes? 2K wouldn't be losing money or anything. It's a completely nonsensical design decision.

Edited by RyanCE

Just now, RyanCE said:

I understand why 2K would want people to play MyFaction in order to unlock/purchase certain characters, but what's the logic in keeping those characters contained to one mode? It's not like 2K loses money if unlocking Godfather in MyFaction also unlocks him for use in other modes. It's a completely nonsensical design decision.

Agree, I'm ok to play MyFaction to unlock those wrestlers for use in other game modes but lock it in one mode that not all people care about is pure sh**. Just when they are now making the series enjoyable again they really are making decisions that would make you scratch your head.

And I don't know why MyRise original wrestlers are now locked in that game mode. When in past MyCareer mode we can unlock those original superstars for use in other game modes. Sh***y decisions there 2K.

21 minutes ago, RyanCE said:

I understand why 2K would want people to play MyFaction in order to unlock/purchase certain characters, but what's the logic in keeping those characters contained to one mode? Why shouldn't unlocking Godfather in MyFaction also unlock him for use in other modes? 2K wouldn't be losing money or anything. It's a completely nonsensical design decision.

to keep u in the ecosystem. The more u are playing other modes, the less time ur playing MyFaction. The less u play MyFaction the less chance u are going to buy VC

5 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

to keep u in the ecosystem. The more u are playing other modes, the less time ur playing MyFaction. The less u play MyFaction the less chance u are going to buy VC

That makes sense, but I'd personally be far more willing to spend money in MyFaction if the content could be used outside of that mode.

I have zero interest in buying Godfather and HBK '97 if they're stuck to MyFaction; I have a lot of interest in buying Godfather and HBK '97 if I could use them in any capacity I desired.

this is my argument for WWE getting away from 2K and EA if they can. Go with a company that doesn't treat this like a sports game. 

Because what we need is a game as a service. Not a yearly game with Ultimate Team. Which is the way this is headed. 

How much better would it be if we just got 1 game every 3-5 years. And inbetween we just get Season Passes. Battlepasses. daily store.

Right now we could be in a "WrestleMania" season in a WWE game. And the store would have classic wrestlemania attires and arenas to buy for a reasonable price.

Todays 3/16.  they could release a bunch of special Stone Cold attires to buy. Or new taunts to buy. Tomorrows St. Patricks day. U could get Sheamus content. Hornswoggle as a manager. Or just CAWS parts like a leprechaun costume to give to anyone. Its just so easy. But the road we're going down is this card game with locked legends that can only be used there instead. And then next year u get a new game and do it all again