Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LegacyKeeper87 said:

Been unable to access CC for the last four days on Xbox Series X. Is anybody having luck on any other platforms today?

I'm on the whole day on PS5 without problems so far.

Of course I didn't check every minute if it was available but at the times I needed (like right now) it worked.

I am stuck in a 5 way match in my rise . If I lose it makes me rematch and I can’t get out of it. It’s already a complete mess of people doing stuff. Everything just gets reversed. I have lost like 6 times now and I havn’t been the one pinned. Someone else gets pinned while I am stuck getting long drawn out moves that don’t give me a prompt to reverse. Anyone any ideas

7 hours ago, Bushy. said:

What have you been downloading ? I honestly haven’t seen anything that catches my eye. Maybe it’s because I don’t feel like I need to have the most up to date latest attires anymore but I’ve been underwhelmed by CC. 

Seeing 50 uploads of “Butch” hasn’t helped either. Ugh. 

Original caws that I tweak but mostly attires. Some new and old attires for legends or attires from old 2K games

Guest Fight Me.

Cool they got the current Raw/SD sets, but sucks they couldn't add it to CAA real quick. Especially for people who love updating PPVs month by month. Ah well, at least I save the logo space.

Lol i knew as soon as Pete Dunne appeared on SD as Butch there was gonna be a million pointless uploads of him in 2K22 in that goofy outfit as if no one can easily throw together that look themselves in 3 minutes. All the lazy creators rush at the chance to create easy attires like that and upload them thinking they're gonna get a million downloads for going on Dunne and selecting pants, suspenders and a hat.

37 minutes ago, Luis LXXXV said:

So for 2K23, WALTER will be Gunther and Pete Dunn will be Butch while Corbin may still be Happy Corbin. We need to be able to change names in edit a wrestler! Well I guess technically we can but that takes up caw slots

Yep, I hate the Shinsuke is still King Nakamura.

1 minute ago, ItalianoFBI said:

Yep, I hate the Shinsuke is still King Nakamura.

King Nakamura I don't mind as much since he was "King of Strong Style" in NJPW so it kinda makes sense as a shortened WWE name, but HAPPY CORBIN is such a stupid name.

like hey guys it's me pro wrestling superstar melancholy matt.

I just noticed that several combination strikes like Big Swing Punch, Chain of Punches, and Texas Jab have been removed.

2K is really taking a page out of the THQ playbook with all of these unnecessary removals. It's been many years since I've had to worry about movesets being gutted like this.

2 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

WWE 2K23 gonna be so weird with the name changes and even more wrestlers probably released/quitting.

I hope they really come through with the NXT/NXT U.K. roster on disk and legends for DLC to accommodate for all the roster removals from releases etc. Especially in regards to the women’s division.   

I'm really struggling with the new controls. My muscle memory is trying to play like 2k19/20, and it's really frustrating me. And I hate you have to tie up to do moves, it doesn't look right, reversals for big guys are weird, I was doing Showcase and Taker does a spinning back kick wtf? I saw a vid of Andre doing a hurricanrana. :lol: I don't understand why they've gone down the Arcadey route. There was nothing wrong with how 2k19 played. All they needed to do was make it more fluid like how 22 is. I like the combo system, still getting used to it though. I'm only an hour or two into the game doing showcase, so still learning. I'm hoping I'll get used to it and start to enjoy it more, it's a beautiful game though. 

1 hour ago, RyanCE said:

I just noticed that several combination strikes like Big Swing Punch, Chain of Punches, and Texas Jab have been removed.

2K is really taking a page out of the THQ playbook with all of these unnecessary removals. It's been many years since I've had to worry about movesets being gutted like this.

losing "Multiple Punches" hurts the most.  Theres a lot of basic moves that are now gone. One of the good clotheslines is gone :(

9 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

losing "Multiple Punches" hurts the most.  Theres a lot of basic moves that are now gone. One of the good clotheslines is gone :(

Yeah, I'm starting to notice more and more missing moves. This is really disappointing.

7 hours ago, LegacyKeeper87 said:

Been unable to access CC for the last four days on Xbox Series X. Is anybody having luck on any other platforms today?

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the whole game and that has fixed Online access for me. I'm guessing something was iffy with the patch install the first time around.

What would you guys think of Superstar and Giant body types as options for CAS in these games? Superstar would use proportions of in game superstars, while Giants would scale larger and taller than in game superstars at the same height. At least give giant body types of the in game guys.

Edited by Exorcism