Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

2 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

it was called "one-Handed Chokeslam". From WWE 13' DLC. Came with Kharma. Despite the name, it used both arms.

It was the most normal looking chokeslam. No theatrics. No one-handed slam. straight textbook  modern chokeslam. 

We can all hope we get that or a New Normal Chokeslam with Vader or Olmos or any other big men we get in these DLC Packs. Come on 2K, let's see the goods. :D

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those showcase matches are legit hell. The insane amount of objectives is awful and the amount I have failed just because the game doesn’t work great. The amount of springboards I have had to do 5 times because they won’t connect. Was almost done the final one and had to restart because the objective was to go to the top rope and the game just stopped letting me rey just jiggled at the corner and wouldn’t go up. So had to restart and after 5 springboards not connecting the and crashed. Whoever gave this game 8/10 is insane . It’s better then 2k20 for sure but it’s easily only a 6/10 game

Yeah...

1. The fact that you can't unlock stuff without doing showcase
  2. If you fail one objective, you have to start the whole match all over again
  3. New controls cause me to constantly slip up
  4. A ton of objectives in the match
  5. Community creations downloads can require being unlocked in Showcase first

This kind of unlockables is best left in the past where it belongs.  Just let me pay $5 and have everything.  Or let me use a cheat code, if we're looking to the past for inspiration.

Edited by WarGreymon77

10 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Undertaker '98 doesn't have the Ministry tron I wanted...but it has the classic tron that the others should have at least. I'm giving it to Taker '95 and '10 immediately. Noticed this while putting together Ruthless Aggression era BOD lol

I hate this too. I don't know why even the Retro Dolph Ziggler does not have his correct graphics. I also hate the HOF titantrons. If ABA Undertaker has his Rollin Titantron why not have all retro superstars have theirs.

15 hours ago, Creepy Bro said:

MyRise is entertaining, and I already see myself playing it multiple time for different outcomes.

If the game insists on randomly crashing during this mode, down goes my desire to play the mode more than once.

Silly 2K.

My girlfriend bought me 2k22 yesterday I just installed it, put in the deluxe edition code, everything is showing up owned except the season pass, that's showing up as £32.99 is that normal or do I need to get in touch with 2k? 

EDIT: It says owned now so I guess all good. :lol:

Edited by snakebiteSB

the more i play, the more i realize how glitchy the game is. Nothing major that will make u stop playing like 2k20. But a lot of little things. The corner is the problem.  Going near the turnbuckles is the beginning of some of the troubles and Dives. lot of issues in those departments.

and am i the only person thats noticed the referee doesn't do anything?? He just stands there like a statue. Which i dont recall him doing in the older games. Sure enough i popped in 2k20 and the referee in that game is fixing his pants. Bending down to get a better look at the action etc.. So idk if the ref in 2k22 is bugged or they just removed his animations

And also how am i the only person distracted by all the green shirts in the crowd lol?? Theres like 30 green shirts front and center in the audience. Many of them are just random like a slightly green NWO shirt??? I mean when u watch wrestling on TV, im sure theres ppl wearing green. But its not exactly like Emerald green shirts are that popular that you would see 20 of them lol. Its very strange if u pay attention to the front row in this game

38 minutes ago, Oscar22 said:

Sorry if it’s been asked and I missed it. Livs ObLIVion move against the ropes… can it not be set as a finisher? Or am I just being stupid and looking in the wrong place? 

Nope. It can only be used as a regular move for some reason

creating custom combos is kinda painful. I wish i could fully customize them. And that they would allow us full access to all the animations.

That said i really like the transitional animations in the combo chains. Especially the "kick lift". Which basically u superkick them in the stomach. Then while the opponent is bent over.  You kick them in the shoulder lifting them back into a standing position.  Before we've only seen such an animation as part of a strong strike.

Stomp to foot doesn't work as smoothly. Because its very dependant on being close to the opponent for it to register. But still a good idea

12 minutes ago, She-Wolf said:

I can’t play the game again until Friday. Random question as I can’t remember, are we able to put a superstar in two separate tag teams / stables? I wanted to have Alexa/Nikki together, and keep Super Brutality together. 

yes. i just tried what u said. and it worked. gotta change Nikki/Rhea name also...they are not called super brutality in-game

Dolph/Fandango/Tamina are missing their wrist tape. Because whoever was making the models just decided to only look at the one reference photo they had. Instead of googling one image of them. or watching a match. Or just knowing that these ppl wear stuff on their wrists. And Sonya's attire is based on a promo and not a match. So she's wearing a wrist watch instead of her forearm wrap

they musta really been getting high when they made Sonya Deville's attire. She's supposed to be wearing a one-piece bathing suit under cargo pants. But her top doesn't work correctly with her pants. She has the crotch of the bathing suit OVER the cargo pants. Looks very strange. Like she's wearing a bulletproof vest.

Edited by eastcoastkody

7 hours ago, snakebiteSB said:

My girlfriend bought me 2k22 yesterday I just installed it, put in the deluxe edition code, everything is showing up owned except the season pass, that's showing up as £32.99 is that normal or do I need to get in touch with 2k? 

EDIT: It says owned now so I guess all good. :lol:

Same thing with my deluxe edition copy for the PS4. Put in the code included and it lists taker immortal pack, myrise booster, and super charger as purchased and installed. Had to restart my system before those packs showed up in-game though. But the “thank you for purchasing the WWE2k22 season pass” message never popped up. Season pass is listed as purchased on the store but not listed as installed along with the other DLCs I mentioned. I’m pretty sure we should be getting the season pass pop-up too though. Would appreciate it if anyone can confirm if this is normal or not. Getting worried I might not get to access the upcoming DLC superstar packs even though I bought the deluxe edition.