Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was kinda hoping for Sarray, pretty good DLC i think, i like how they mixed up legends with current stars and some Celebrity punching bags lol

I know this has been asked before but i couldnt find, how do you do Finishers from the same position, just played with Brock and always ended up with the Kimura, even when just tapping X (im on PS5) 🧐

20 minutes ago, She-Wolf said:

The packs themselves are so random lmao. Why is little Kacy in the Banzai pack? Why is Ronda in the Clowning Around pack? Nonsensical. 

Bold of you to assume there's an ounce of logic in the 2K board room.  XD

I think they're random because they're probably a combination of usable DLC that was intended for 2K21 and 2K22 DLC, plus a few easy to add recently included models like Rousey, Vader, Rikishi, Bulldog, etc

If I'm being really cynical I could see them taking out a few people out the base game like Indi, Dragunov, Doudrop (likely as Piper Niven) to bulk up the DLC offering. We know they mocapped Dragunov's moves MONTHS ago for example.

I hope with the likes of Vader and Bulldog the fact we already had them means that they will take a proper look at their models and improve them, not just ‘touch up’ their 2k19 models. 

Overall I like the DLC offering though, random groupings and all. 

The DLC helps, but there are still way too many missing big name legends.

• '80s Hulk Hogan
  • Ricky Steamboat
  • Mr. Perfect
  • Rick Rude
  • Sgt. Slaughter
  • Dusty Rhodes
  • '90s Shawn Michaels
  • Sycho Sid
  • Lex Luger
  • Bam Bam Bigelow
  • Attitude Era Rock
  • Attitude Era HHH
  • Attitude Era Kane
  • Mankind
  • Bradshaw (why include Faarooq without Bradshaw?!)
  • Lita

I was also hoping for some DLC arenas. It's absolutely insane that 2K removed the Attitude Era Raw and SmackDown arenas for no reason.

15 minutes ago, RyanCE said:

• '80s Hulk Hogan
  • Ricky Steamboat
  • Mr. Perfect
  • Rick Rude
  • Sgt. Slaughter
  • Dusty Rhodes
  • '90s Shawn Michaels
  • Sycho Sid
  • Lex Luger
  • Bam Bam Bigelow
  • Attitude Era Rock
  • Attitude Era HHH
  • Attitude Era Kane
  • Mankind
  • Lita

I was also hoping for some DLC arenas. It's absolutely insane that 2K removed the Attitude Era Raw and SmackDown arenas for no reason.

True. It's why I hope 2K23 has a dream match showcase or something focused on legends to bring them and more back

Little disappointed by the lack of some NXT 2.0 guys not being in, mainly Bron and Melo. Surprised about Melo considering he was on NXT around May time. It's a good list mind, with some surprising names included and excluded. It is some of the best DLC the series has ever had as a collective. Still think I'll wait to buy it though. 

21 minutes ago, RyanCE said:

• '80s Hulk Hogan
  • Ricky Steamboat
  • Mr. Perfect
  • Rick Rude
  • Sgt. Slaughter
  • Dusty Rhodes
  • '90s Shawn Michaels
  • Sycho Sid
  • Lex Luger
  • Bam Bam Bigelow
  • Attitude Era Rock
  • Attitude Era HHH
  • Attitude Era Kane
  • Mankind
  • Lita

I'm pretty sure you will see some of them exclusively to MyFaction over the year, like right before the dlc news dropped I found out Rock 98 will be added to that, so probably mankind too since he's also in the files....

4 minutes ago, CM_EDGE said:

I'm pretty sure you will see some of them exclusively to MyFaction over the year, like right before the dlc news dropped I found out Rock 98 will be added to that, so probably mankind too since he's also in the files....

Are there actual character models in MyFaction? I'm not sure what that mode is.

Anybody having issues regarding the slot for image upload in the 2K website is not resetting even though the image is already downloaded in the game. Can't even delete the images in the site, it says could not delete image. Is there a way to reset. All the images I have downloaded last time is still in the site. Can't upload any images anymore which is sh*t.

11 minutes ago, RyanCE said:

Are there actual character models in MyFaction? I'm not sure what that mode is.

you basically get a "card pack" and each card represents a wrestler available to you for matches in that mode. You then play different matches trying to complete objectives and earn in-game currency or more card packs

this is another reason the inclusion of this mode is worrisome. Because in sports games, you used to be able to unlock legends normally. But we these new Ultimate Team, MyTeam modes.....they have been locking legends into those modes. To incentivize ppl spending real world money for the in-game currency to open new card packs (loot boxes essentially)

Edited by eastcoastkody

9 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

you basically get a "card pack" and each card represents a wrestler available to you for matches in that mode. You then play different matches trying to complete objectives and earn in-game currency or more card packs

this is another reason the inclusion of this mode is worrisome. Because in sports games, you used to be able to unlock legends normally. But we these new Ultimate Team, MyTeam modes.....they have been locking legends into those modes. To incentivize ppl spending real world money for the in-game currency to open new card packs (loot boxes essentially)

Which is such a dumb thing to do. The mode is fun and addicting enough without such shit mechanics. And hey, I would even be fine with it if they lock people in this mode to unlock, but once you unlocked them, since you can play from that point on indefinitely with the person in this mode anyway, you should also unlock it for all other modes. That would be fine to me, but they're not even doing that.