Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

1 minute ago, eastcoastkody said:

who else is in MyRise other than Dijak?

King Corbin, Pre-Fiend Alexa Bliss, Normal Shinsuke. I've heard Godfather is in MyFaction along with a few other younger versions of Legends like HBK 97.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could kind of understand if Dijakovic had been released, but he's still employed... where as Mia Yim has gone yet we get both her gimmicks? It's so odd. 

On the plus side you can at least download Dijakovic with his trons, etc from CC. Just need to wait for someone to make his gear... Which is already in the game but what can you do?

2 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Does PS5/XBSX have the equivalent of a Kinect/motion sensor camera yet? I’ve been saying  for the longest that we could use that to create/capture our own taunts.

idk if Kinect still works with the newer consoles. PS5 does have a camera. 

there was an older smackDown game that had "Create-a-Taunt"

26 minutes ago, suspicious squirtle said:

Is Nikki Cross also exclusive to MyRise? I've seen videos of her entrance, but she's referred to as "The Superstar," which makes me think that Nikki Cross was just a CAW created using the Nikki ASH model

This also happens to the currently hacked Dijakovic model, which is a shame cause everything else works, but he has his announcement in the game it's used in MyRise, so I wouldn't be surprised if Nikki's is also there but just not triggering correctly.

37 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

idk if Kinect still works with the newer consoles. PS5 does have a camera. 

there was an older smackDown game that had "Create-a-Taunt"

Kinect to my knowledge has been abandoned by Microsoft, for many and obvious reasons.

The game does have a lot of "lame" stuff going on as there is here with all the anger, bitching, dwelling in negativity and extreme hyperbole! It can get so annoying and obnoxious but the first part is my fault, for some damn reason I'm addicted to this site and even with this thread I end up keep refreshing all the time even when I know things will get even worse through out the year until 2K23 and it'll just repeat all over again. Yes I know this is a discussion forum and many criticisms are valid bur f*ck. 

I need the will to take a break and just enjoy the game on my own time in private as there are positives I'm enjoying. I should just be playing the game and come by every now and then but here I am ranting and venting. I'm weak!

8 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

who else is in MyRise other than Dijak?

Alexa Bliss (Previous "Goddess" gimmick)

Nikki Cross (Non-superhero version)

Mustafa Ali 2020 (From before Retribution, wearing green attire)

King Corbin

Shinsuke Nakamura (Red and black attire, actually called "Shinsuke Nakamura" instead of "King Nakamura")

King Booker (Same gear as in WWE 2K19)

Johnny Gargano in his 2K19/2K20 attire

Old Man Shawn Michaels (In attire from his return match a few years back)

Old Man Road Dogg

Additionally, the Messiah version of Seth Rollins from the Rey showcase appears in MyRise instead of the current "Visionary" version, but he's unlockable anyway thanks to Showcase.

im knee deep in trying to break down the combos rn. And im seeing several hidden moves in the combo chain section.

Meaning they are only apart of that particular combo and its not a move that is selectable in any of the light/heavy attack sections separately. 

It mostly involves position transitions. Such as making ur opponent bend down. Or the opponent being in a bent over position and striking them

46 minutes ago, suspicious squirtle said:

Is Nikki Cross also exclusive to MyRise? I've seen videos of her entrance, but she's referred to as "The Superstar," which makes me think that Nikki Cross was just a CAW created using the Nikki ASH model

Pre-superhero Nikki Cross does actually appear in MyRise, but the one you've seen in entrance videos is probably just a Nikki ASH edit.

This game is weird since I like it even though it has so many things as mentioned they could fix. Maybe it was that 2k20 was so bad that I’m good with having a functioning game for the most part.

I think like the “it’s not as good as no mercy or hctp” people (which I was also around for those days), I’m now one of the “it’s not as good as 2k19” people lol

27 minutes ago, NiceTwice said:

This game is weird since I like it even though it has so many things as mentioned they could fix. Maybe it was that 2k20 was so bad that I’m good with having a functioning game for the most part.

I think like the “it’s not as good as no mercy or hctp” people (which I was also around for those days), I’m now one of the “it’s not as good as 2k19” people lol

the thing it has going for it is that its modern.  Im playing on a new console. Graphically it looks great. Performance is great. And i've run into some glitches here and there. And some of the old wonkiness still exists...but by and large its functional compared to some previous launch day experiences i've had with WWE games (other than these server issues)

my only gripes with it glitch wise is the Referee. Sometimes just does weird shit. Runs around the ring for no reason. Or goes outside the ring for no reason and just stands there.  And i really expected hit detection and "homing" or whatever to be better than 2k20. And it still doesn't feel right. Im still whiffing on things that i thought would land. Im missing half of my dives (only the ground ones)

and a good feature they added a couple games back was when u back up enough you eventually just turn around. So ur not always just slowly backing up. Which has been good the last game or two. But in 2k22 the time between you backing up and then turning around to face the crowd, the window is way smaller.  You will turn your back to your opponent fairly quickly if u try to back away from them. 

Targeting seems off. I dont recall having so much problems in a tag match. Its making me look at the illegal opponent.

and putting Dodge and Enter/Exit the ring on the same button was a mistake. Because im trying to get in the ring, but im standing near the apron spazzing out like Neo in the Matrix dodging bullets

2 hours ago, black_machismo said:

I think I may have now perfected the Render image size, But I might edit it a bit more as the render is a bit low in the character select screen. But it looks perfect in the versus screen.

Don't mind Jeff Hardy as Adam Cole, since I tried editing Jeff in my game and I used his custom attire as a dummy. I'll edit it more tomorrow and if ever members here wants a copy of how the image size should be to get a perfect render, will share it once done. Or we could create a Render Topic to share all renders created.

r8O02DK.jpg

Would love to know the size you made, that looks perfect, and yeah we definitely need a section dedicated to custom renders for everyone to be able to use. We need renders for everyone in the game as well since for alt attires we need custom renders for them.

The guy who uploaded Goddess Alexa, Dijakovic, and Scarlett to CC just got signed as a 2K NextMaker minutes ago and deleted all of his posts regarding the NPCs and unused characters he found.

Very fishy timing. If you haven't downloaded those, you probably should, because they're probably going down soon.

im not convinced that if they had just used that time and energy into improving 2k19 with the tighter movement....that this wouldn't be a better game. 

The lock-ups and combos don't make this a better game.  

grabbing should be optional. It looks good in some rare instances. Like when you grab and then do a headbutt or elbow smash. Or a strong strike that involved a Clinch. And it looks natural on a few ground moves. But by and large it detracts from a million other moves. So i would keep some form of grabbing maybe tie it to the Drag button.

combos should be completely customizable and completely optional. It should go back to being a skill. And you should also be able to choose the amount of combos you have. If you want 20, fine. But if you only want 3 combos. That should be an option. 

3 minutes ago, EssBee said:

The guy who uploaded Goddess Alexa, Dijakovic, and Scarlett to CC just got signed as a 2K NextMaker minutes ago and deleted all of his posts regarding the NPCs and unused characters he found.

Very fishy timing. If you haven't downloaded those, you probably should, because they're probably going down soon.

Lol just checked, he's already taken down Alexa and Dijakovic 

Archived