Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

Some hours in and I’m honestly loving the gameplay. It’s so much smoother to me. I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about the having to grapple to Irish whip but it honestly makes sense with the combos and dodging mechanics. The A.I. is definitely smarter overall. So they dodge and react faster than before which keeps me on my toes with the new controls. MYRise is very good so far. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and man idk how long i’ve been asking for a running SSP and they finally added it and it looks gorgeous. also i can’t tell, but i think it has a very small pin combo window. if somebody can confirm that would be great. i don’t mind it being that quick either, it’ll be more satisfying when i master it.

8 minutes ago, WarGreymon77 said:

I want to love this game. I really want to. But some things are hanging over my head

1. Hulk Hogan has a beard.
2. No advanced entrances.
3. No Rey Mysterio 96 for us plebs on last gen because *Censored* us? Also, can anybody on PC confirm if he is on PC?
4. The annual "unlock all" DLC doesn't unlock everything.

It does unlock several superstars/legends, some arenas and other stuff automatically.

I was thinking the same thing on PS5 because there was no place to use a "unlock all" and then I went through all the stuff  and found a section with all the stuff that was unlocked already.

6 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Seems like it was right not to buy it right away, looks like there are some problems that need to be patched here and there.
Lot of stuff that isnt working right or not as it is supposed to.

So far watching tons of videos, i dont see where the more fluid gameplay comes into play.
To me it looks very clunky and stiff, a lot of bad transitions and flow.

But some of the models are incredible, just saw a Razor Ramon entrance...god does hall look good in this.
The game overall looks very very good.

Im still only buying the game very cheap since nothing i see really makes me want to get it for full price, especially because of the ways they made the creation suite worse...but good to see that its not as broken as 2k20 and people have fun.
Cant imagine what they would have done otherwise.

the gameplay is as clunky and stiff as it looked in videos. It can also flow somewhat smoothly when it wants to. Like when a combo ends in a moves that has the opponent kneeling. Sometimes that looks good. And when u dodge and reverse back and forth can look smooth. But then again ur bobbing and weaving like Roy Jones Jr. so YMMV on whether or not u like ur wrestler doing that.

the strikes and the grapples feel clunky. Which is pretty much the meat of the sandwich. But because of the speed of the game being faster and they've probably smoothed some small transitions (plus the performance being solid) the game does feel better to move around sometimes. But better is relative because it does feel more arcadey and unnatural. Example running. Its like the old PS2 games where u are just instantly running a million miles and  hour when u press the button. Instead of having to get some giddy up in ur step first.

For those who have the network issue with Community Creations (or the uploader), I was having the same trouble and decided to retry building the database on my console (PS5; it's also an option on PS4). Lo and behold, it actually worked and I've not had any problems with CC since *knock on wood*

Just thought I'd mention it as it seemed to do the trick for me.

A couple of observations about creation:

They ruined my CAW's signature hairstyle. (well, signature as long it's been in, since like 2k17 or so) It's the long twin tails hanging over the chest with the ribbons. Well, you can't color the ribbons to match the gear this year. As I've mentioned elsewhere, it's not the end of the world but it REALLY throws off her look and I'm debating whether to just use another one. >_<

Definitely going to miss having different arm/gut/leg textures for CAWs in the body morpher. It's easy enough to manipulate what they have but the lack of control over the musculature is unfortunate. Oddly, they kept in veins and nothing else (I'll still use them, just weird that they literally took every other custom body option out).

All of the combo stuff in CAM is a bit daunting but that's probably because it's new. Movesets were always my least favorite part of the process (it's boring is why) and it's going to take some time parsing through to get my CAWs to have the moves that they're supposed to have. Just got a bit overwhelmed with all of the Xs, Os, and [ ]s lol.

34 minutes ago, RyanCE said:

The default movesets are somehow worse than usual this year. Stone Cold doesn't have his elbow drop, and one of his signatures is bafflingly a corner knee lift. 2K hired the wrong community creator for the job.

everyone seems to have Dean Ambrose's corner chop combo for some reason.  AJ Styles had correct heavy grapples. but nearly everything else was wrong.

they seem to maybe be the most random inaccurate movesets since All-Stars. im not liking the game enuff to care. And lord knows i dont even want to attempt to make sense of editing ppls combos. I checked it for a second and it kinda looks like u have to pick preset combos. so i noped out on that

I really like it so far, finished showcase earlier that feels like a bit of a missed opportunity in many ways.

The presentation of showcase is really really good, switching between the real match and the gameplay it all looks nice and neat, the problem with it is you go from matches against Eddie Guerrerro, Undertaker and Batista, to random Raw matches against Gran Metalik and Samoa Joe. 
I understand some people can’t appear in the game due to contracts etc, but then choose a different person for the showcase mode, or edit more in of what you CAN do. 

To have a Mysterio showcase which doesn’t involve 99% of two companies he worked for, his WWE debut, or his two biggest wins (RR and WM) just seems baffling. There must be someone they could choose who would give us something more like the Austin 2k16 showcase. 

A plus side for me is you actually really don’t have to use combos if you don’t want to. Showcase makes you, and it’s lazy by 2k just setting objectives like “do three light combos” but in gameplay outside of Showcase it’s entirely possible to play without using them. 
The new pin meter isn’t as bad as I’d thought, and the controls I’m slowly getting used to, though I do wonder how people with disabilities are getting on, most things involve a lot of buttons, they do seem to have rather unnecessarily made the control system much harder when there was nothing really wrong with it - I wouldn’t mind if the changes added functions, but they haven’t. Defensive controls in particular are awkward. 

Every match I have I’m blown away by the visuals, graphically it is pretty much the best WWE game we’ve ever had. I’ve enjoyed playing it throughout today, had some great moments and some really good back and forth matches. That and I haven’t touched Universe or MyRise yet. 

28 minutes ago, CM_EDGE said:

No you don't.

im looking at it right now. u have to pick preset combos for the chain. The only thing u can really choose individually is how the move ends.

I have an accurate list of pretty much every real life combo that AJ Styles has done. And im trying to implement that into the game rn. And so far its a no go.  The chain combos are all just randomly named combo strings that u can't change. And you have no clue what they are unless u sit there and watch them all.  They are not designated into categories like here are the punches or kicks or whatever. Its just like Asuka 3. whatever tf that means

2 hours ago, xphen0m said:

Is Dre41's Jade Gargill CAW still on CC? I've not been able to find it using the hashtags provided.

If you are on the Playstation side you won't find it.

He is on the XBox side of things.

20 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

im looking at it right now. u have to pick preset combos for the chain. The only thing u can really choose individually is how the move ends.

I have an accurate list of pretty much every real life combo that AJ Styles has done. And im trying to implement that into the game rn. And so far its a no go.  The chain combos are all just randomly named combo strings that u can't change. And you have no clue what they are unless u sit there and watch them all.  They are not designated into categories like here are the punches or kicks or whatever. Its just like Asuka 3. whatever tf that means

yuo can choose the opener, the linker tree and the ender all separately.

Just now, Zonda said:

What happened to Cross Platform CC?

I think they meant rather between old and new gen as also PC cause I checked for the jade on psn and she wasn't there.

Except if he has put her down.

2 minutes ago, Saturi said:

I think they meant rather between old and new gen as also PC cause I checked for the jade on psn and she wasn't there.

Except if he has put her down.

Crap, what a letdown

Edit: wait what

Capture.thumb.JPG.a8a6e286b66cb836cd24da8cc0a58c50.JPG