Official WWE 2K22 Info/Discussion Thread II

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bug: can't use facing-away diving finisher while facing away on the turnbuckle.

Example: Opening match of MyRise, my finisher is the diving corkscrew Moonsault 3, which I cannot use unless i am on the turnbuckle facing inward, even though facing outward makes more sense for the move.

23 minutes ago, RickyBobby said:

are you sure they're removed or just the text isn't appearing in move set?

specific examples please

It may be just a bug because I’m looking through the movesets and most of the diving splashes and such doesn’t say “pin combo”

Of course most of the ingame wrestlers i wanted to do alt attires for have parts of their attire you can't recolor or certain parts are linked to another. Can't edit Ciampa's trunks, the name on the back of his trunks the color in them is linked to the front of his trunks so you can't accurately make any of the color variations he's wore of those trunks, and his 2K20 trunks are in and still have the inaccurate font on the back. Tried changing Lashley's tights to his white Rumble gear and you can't edit the gold outline of his Hurt Business logo so you can't do any alt attires for him accurately with those tights.

Edge's attire is a mess, parts of the designs are missing on his kneepads and crotch logo, certain parts are linked so you change1 color it changes another designs with it., so you can't do any of his alt attires with those tights. 

So for anyone to accurately make any alt attires for those guys in that gear you have to recreate all the logos on them and put them on the gear and recolor them that way, which sucks.

4 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Keep getting “Online features not available for play until accepting the EULA, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.” despite accepting them several times now..

Did you re launch the game and get a prompt to link a 2K account?

I wrote a big first impression post in the other thread yesterday and I want to repost my combo system impression again cause after 12 hours of playing, thanks to MyFaction I finally started to remember where some of the moves are and my impression just got better, it's a really great system.

After 6 hours of playing:

"I was extremely sceptical when it came to the combo system, but now after playing a lot of matches, I know what their intention was and it really works well. Instead of being a changed up system that replaces old systems, it's a pure addition to the gameplay on top of everything that feels naturally implemented, the same goes for the the blocking and the dodging. We still can do 8 front grapples with B/Circle and then A/X up, down, left, right or B/Circle and then X/Square up, down, left, right. We still can lift opponents on our shoulder and walk around with them, which the CPU uses a lot, we still can do our Payback moves, turning the opponent around for backgrapples, go onto the the second rope and simply still do everything we know from former games but now on top, with doing specific combos, we can naturally end kicks and punches into grapples or other moves like clotheslines. We have 3 separate lists of combo moves for every wrestler, every list can either be activated with X/Square, X/Square and ?? or X/Square and ?? and every list has 10 moves, that means these are 30 more moves you can assign to everyone.

You don't have to use them, but you can and it really feels good to try combos here and there in a match. It's a perfect addition to the gameplay we already know.

Same with the new blocking (holding Y/Triangle), dodging(RB/R1) or punch kick counter which happens when you press either X/Square or A/X at the same time as the opponent does. You don't have to use all this, in fact I barely ever dodged or blocked in my 6 hours of playing and I only punch kick countered here and there, I mostly just played like I always did and it's completely fine.

It's extra options that adds to the gameplay but doesn't take anything away, it's fantastic."

Seems like it was right not to buy it right away, looks like there are some problems that need to be patched here and there.
Lot of stuff that isnt working right or not as it is supposed to.

So far watching tons of videos, i dont see where the more fluid gameplay comes into play.
To me it looks very clunky and stiff, a lot of bad transitions and flow.

But some of the models are incredible, just saw a Razor Ramon entrance...god does hall look good in this.
The game overall looks very very good.

Im still only buying the game very cheap since nothing i see really makes me want to get it for full price, especially because of the ways they made the creation suite worse...but good to see that its not as broken as 2k20 and people have fun.
Cant imagine what they would have done otherwise.

Im really struggling with the defensive options and there being no down time between moves but i'll admit, all the little animations really do a lot to sell a match.

10 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Seems like it was right not to buy it right away

Nah, not really, it's the best entry of maybe even a decade. I played 14 hours straight yesterday and had almost zero problems, the gameplay is fantastic after a few hours, you really get into the new additions of how to do things. I was extremely sceptical of the game before release but after playing I couldn't be happier. It plays so good.

6 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Ok,how long does it take to install the game while I only get to play 1 on 1 with the choice of 8 wrestlers?

Depends on what you're using? Online? Disc?

Archived