Things You Hate About WWE2K22

A N T I -

You can't *censored*ing rotate the camera when trying to add a logo to the strap in create a championship.  Trying to add a gold tip, which would look better if I could see what the *Censored* I'm doing.

Also, this in every WWE 2K game: Trying to get the face photo just right.  Should the forehead be higher, should I have more shoulder, is the face not wide enough, should I erase the eyes, should I use the d-pad to make the face smaller, should the eyes be level with the ears on that little diagram or above the ears, etc?  I have found that a real photo works better than trying to use old games' face textures, though.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gameplay is way too easy with unlimited reversals and no option to change it back

The combo system is really gimmicky and doesn't fit most

Grapple/Grab animations are back so you can't smoothly perform a non-Special move anymore

The selling has been reduced way too far

The abilities/skills have been forced into the Classes so you can't give characters super unique characteristics anymore

CAW Mode got a downgrade because you are forced to choose a Body template and can't make any further adjustments

You also can't freely choose your weight which sometimes causes characters to jump up weight classes because the game has a flawed/poor estimate on how much they should weigh

The classes and weight classes have poor nonsensical Attribute Maxes

The Cat and Mouse Submission mini game is gone so you can no longer get late match escapes

Diving moves/springboards can be completely dodged with ease by simply running away full speed at the drop of a dime

Chain Wrestling and Rest Holds are gone

Comeback is a Payback which sucks

The Payback system got a downgrade overall (though I understand it had to change to accommodate the other things they switched around).

The Accelerator/Supercharger doesn't actually unlock everything

Certain characters are locked into certain modes (Alexa '20, HBK '97, Rock '01, HHH '01, etc.)

After all the complaints, they still didn't bring the 2K19 controls back (which I understand they changed a bunch so it needed to change but the changes are all bad so it was ultimately unnecessary)

They don't add nearly as many new taunts with legends as they used to.  In the old days, you'd get some very character specific taunts.  These days they assign generic taunts like "Holdup" and "Flex".  I copied X-Pac's taunts to a CAW and was surprised that his rapid-fire crotch chop taunt is not in 2K22.  Just a basic crotch chop.  It's like how when they had Harlem Heat in the game and didn't add the raise the roof taunt.

I hate how custom sideplates are not applicable to all Championships with sideplates. They improved and updated the Championships but did not implement the sideplates for all. The following titles should be patched NXT Tag Team, NXT Women's Tag Team, Women's Tag Team, NXT UK Tag Team, NXT UK Championship, I think WWE UK Championship, I think I'm missing some championships did not bother trying all out. Even Championships with nameplates don't show the champion's name. The simple things 2K, copy the code in 2K19 since that game can do that and make it work.

I hate that so many moves aren't available to be used as signatures and finishers. This is especially bad with strong strikes. The Double Superkick and Mass Destruction would be perfect for two of my CAWs as signatures, but they aren't selectable. And for some reason Luke Harper's Discus Clothesline can't be used as a finisher outside of the ring. WTF? 

15 hours ago, black_machismo said:

I hate how custom sideplates are not applicable to all Championships with sideplates. They improved and updated the Championships but did not implement the sideplates for all. The following titles should be patched NXT Tag Team, NXT Women's Tag Team, Women's Tag Team, NXT UK Tag Team, NXT UK Championship, I think WWE UK Championship, I think I'm missing some championships did not bother trying all out. Even Championships with nameplates don't show the champion's name. The simple things 2K, copy the code in 2K19 since that game can do that and make it work.

Damn...that makes me sad. My game haven't arrived yet, but I loved custom side plates so much on 2k19 :(

23 minutes ago, Souljask said:

Damn...that makes me sad. My gave haven't arrived yet, but I loved custom side plates so much on 2k19 :(

Same, I even created a lot for this game. Problem is it only works for Major Titles (WWE/Universal) and some NXT Championships. I can't remember if the US and Intercontinental loads custom side plates. I just hope they patch it since it really is a great feature.

Im sorry, i've tried to give it more time to grow on me but.. no, I still don't like the new combo and grapple system. Not only does it make the game feel arcadey af, but every goddamn match feels the same and its turned the AI into strike obsessed crap. I feel they could've kept the old strike and grapple system and still instituted most of their new improvements. Im dissapointed.

Surprisingly disappointed in this game

The Entrance creation is utter shit - it is impossible to create the fantasy/lore behind a wrestler when you have to dedicate to the entrance movement AND lighting with it. The Create-An-Entrance tool is honestly half the reason I play these games. I could actually 
Can't edit the height/weight in CAW, makes my tiny brawler girl with the Nia Jax entrance look wonky
All the favourites are locked - really makes creating a wrestler difficult when so many videos have the wrestler's name when all we need are textless videos.
The Create-A-Video tool is garbage, you have to extend each individual clip or else it blinks on the titantron if you just copy
I, personally, DO NOT NEED 6 different versions of Rey, 6 versions of Taker, 3 versions of eddy, 3 versions of kane 
MyRise is completely random and, once again, just feels flat and empty as a "story-mode", you can't seem to avoid being the superstar that feels he's owed the world, they just LOVE to reuse the idea of how the GM and the champion are in cahoots - it's so old and overplayed and im really tired of always being this underdog that no one likes - the "story progression" makes ZERO sense. Legit, right after you win the US/IC Championship they immediately push you to the main championship and you can play all your US/IC missions alongside your Championship missions - its weird.
There's also this mission as the champion when you have to fight 7 other people in a "6-Pack match" and it is literally impossible.
Tag team matches are even dumber than EVER! Your tag partner still has no idea what they're doing, There was a 2k game where your partner used to attack the other guy while you were hitting your finisher and attempting to pin the legal man. now your partner just gets in the ring and will most likely get stuck between you and the ropes.
And the idea that they offer the option of paying for the unlockables is super gross...

The thing that was honestly fun was the Rey Mysterio Showcase. That being said, we don't need 6 versions of the same wrestler taking up space when you could be bringing back more old/obscure favourites and giving us MORE control and MORE options in CAW than literally less.

I play wrestling games SOLELY for the wrestler creation to build my Universe so this installment was a real quick to the nuts for me =/

16 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Im sorry, i've tried to give it more time to grow on me but.. no, I still don't like the new combo and grapple system. Not only does it make the game feel arcadey af, but every goddamn match feels the same and its turned the AI into strike obsessed crap. I feel they could've kept the old strike and grapple system and still instituted most of their new improvements. Im dissapointed.

if i’m honest with myself, this is mostly where i’m at with this game. i wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s arcadey but i also wouldn’t argue against that opinion. i’ve seen people list “the combos are optional!” as a positive but the fact that they butchered the grapple system for an “optional” mechanic doesn’t make sense to me. and let’s be honest, for something so optional, combos and all the mechanics related to it are a significant part of the gameplay. the game is especially strike-heavy this time around and for me, it’s even worse because the standing grapples are such an eye sore i find myself barely using them. it’s amazing how much the new grappling system damages the experience for me, without even getting into the lack of any match pacing.

truth be told, the only things i’ve touched is exhibition and CAW/M because i need to scratch my creative itch but if not for that, i probably wouldn’t be playing this game either. i played 2K19 earlier and it’s crazy to think 2K decided to veer off in a completely different direction from that game. the actual wrestling is there and it makes all the difference compared to 22, i just wish it had 22’s graphics, animations and AI.

sad part is the things i hate are the things people seem to love lol this game is doing very well. i’ve seen so many casuals playing this game, 2K has no incentive to go back in the other direction now.

Archived