Things You Hate About WWE2K22

A N T I -

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my biggest issue is the GamePlay. It reminds me of that saying "Jack of All Trades, Master of None"

The gameplay to me has an identity crisis.  Does it want to be simulation? Does it want to be arcade? You can't serve two masters. 

They wanted to have their cake and eat it too. By giving the hardcore fans who buy the game every year, some simulation and using the 2k19 foundation.

But they obviously wanted to try to appeal to lapsed fans. Who haven't played a Wrestling Game in years. And just remember games like No Mercy or early SmackDown titles. And they also wanted to appeal to casuals who just want something to mash buttons and fight their friends in.

In my opinion this gameplay doesn't satisfy either the simulation crowd or the arcade crowd.

The gameplay is not condusive to replicating real life matches you would see on RAW. Nor is it wacky enough to satisfy as an Arcade game. The game is too sped up for realistic sim play. But grappling is too clunky for arcade play

Ultimately the problem is that the combos stutter. The delay in between each strike is like Batman fighting underwater.  There is no natural kinetic motion.  The game seems to struggle to display on screen the quickness of a strike combination. While u are reading this. stand up right now. And throw a 3 punch combination that ends with a leg kick. Feel how natural that is?? Now do it again but count a 1 second pause after each strike. THAT is how combos in 2k22 feel

On the flip side. The second failure is with the grapples. Besides being slow and breaking up the fast nature of the strike heavy arcadey combat. The grapple does not feel responsive. Their is a delay and a struggle. The feedback on timing and precision is not there. When you grapple in No Mercy you feel it. You know when to press the button and can have confidence in pulling off a manuever. I do not feel confident in a grapple in 2k22.  Half of the time it ends with you and ur opponent disengaging and then reengaging into a lock-up a second time.

-Dumbed down CAW mode with multiple features removed.
-No new match types, or even minor variations or options in Custom Match (Elimination HIAC? Captain Fall Tornado Tag? Tag Team Elimination Match?)
-New combo system makes it feel like a goofy early 90s arcade game; needs a speed tweak
-Some of the replacements for the old OMG moves look FREAKING GOOFY...  the barricade blows apart like a stack of couch cushions if someone falls next to it!!  lol
-Online, logo uploader, and Community Creations are a disaster, but that's probably just because it's not "out" yet...
-Wild inconsistency in character models. Brock looks like something from The Wrestling Code while Hogan looks like a balloon wrapped in a 4k Skyrim skin.
-I've had a few matches where I've been murdering the CPU just testing out something, and then gotten knocked out by a single strike 5 minutes into the match. Like, literally a single strike... a 79 overall midget reverses an irish whip into the corner and dropkicks me and I die, and that was the first offense the guy got in.
-Some hit detection issues

I've glanced at several of the movesets, and a lot of them need work.

I also hate the body type limitations in Create A Superstar. Not being able to choose my CAW's weight or adjust their body are huge downgrades. At the very least we should be able to choose a size range and make some tweaks. 

The new controls are growing on me, but I greatly preferred the 2K19 controls.

I officially HATE having to unlock stuff via Showcase mode.  Every time I get to the "Now mix it up and use a grab combo on Eddie in the ring" or the one after, he hits me with the Gory bomb and kills me.  I hate this shit.

And of course when I complain, that's when I beat it. I'm playing on easy mode but man, I haven't played a wrestling game in 3 years.

-call me a boring player or whatever, but having all these playable bruisers like Regal and Thatcher (who both look *censored*ing amazing, especially Regal), but not being able to play at their pace with no chain wrestling or rest holds is tough

-standing grapple system is simply ass. i don’t understand why that needed to be changed

-not having a standalone irish whip command blows too

On 3/11/2022 at 10:16 AM, WarGreymon77 said:

I officially HATE having to unlock stuff via Showcase mode.  Every time I get to the "Now mix it up and use a grab combo on Eddie in the ring" or the one after, he hits me with the Gory bomb and kills me.  I hate this shit.

And of course when I complain, that's when I beat it. I'm playing on easy mode but man, I haven't played a wrestling game in 3 years.

I agree! 

I'm not a huge Rey fan but now I have to play as him to unlock more superstars to actually play as? 

On 3/11/2022 at 10:12 AM, EJ! said:

-call me a boring player or whatever, but having all these playable bruisers like Regal and Thatcher (who both look *censored*ing amazing, especially Regal), but not being able to play at their pace with no chain wrestling or rest holds is tough

-standing grapple system is simply ass. i don’t understand why that needed to be changed

-not having a standalone irish whip command blows too

The problem is nowadays at least, when a developer says they are going with or incorporating more arcade-like gameplay, they feel like this gives them the ability to skip on some things or completely take some stuff out.

My biggest complaint is the create a character its like 1 step forward and 3 steps back. They should have brought back the custom entrance music.

They added the custom select screen pics which is awesome but feels incomplete without the custom entrance music. It would have also been nice to have had the ability to use a custom pic for the entrance video.

Also with being able to edit the wrestlers it would have been nice to have been able to say change the hair on in game wrestlers like the rock ans trippe h and facial hair. I cant even remove jeff hardys face paint without blending the pain in with the skin just seems really stupid.

It would have been nice for other showcase matches outside of rey.

Also the ability to create your own showcase and upload it could have been fun.

Its a small thing, but I hate that if you create a custom superstar based on an in-game wrestler (which is NOT used as an alternate attire), you can no longer change all of their name information and you can't edit their ring announcer names as well. Such a stupid thing to leave out. Every year I make a custom gimmick/character using Tamina as a base, but instead of being able to call her "The Queen" Christy Akane, she is by unchangeable default, "The Superstar"...

So until 2K fix this or add the option back in (unlikely), that character is a full CAW instead, which is sad because the face i've crafted is s***.

I posted more of this on another thread.

The textures on hair, especially long white hair is bad. It needs better textures, lighting and shading. 
Unlike 2k20, you can’t combine 3D goatees. I was going to combine the two long goatees since there still isn’t a waist length ZZ Top beard in the game for CAS. The two goatees conflict…

The max height is 7’4” but you can’t truly make them that height when Kane is practically as tall as that CAW. The CAW is dwarfed by the tallest in game wrestler. This is a BIG pet peeve of mine as CAS should scale 1:1 with in game wrestlers. Not shorter. Add to this with the height, weight, and morphing restrictions, and it’s not good. You can’t make a CAS 640 lbs anymore. If they’re going to keep this morphing system going forth, at least give us GIANT body types as options too.

•  

tried making a custom 'Monday Night Raw' arena and the colours for the letting is horrible. and when i attempted to customize the apron, the selected part flashing stayed, unlike the past games. needless to say, i did not make a custom arena.

Guest Fight Me.
2 hours ago, Mr.Dreadful said:

tried making a custom 'Monday Night Raw' arena and the colours for the letting is horrible. and when i attempted to customize the apron, the selected part flashing stayed, unlike the past games. needless to say, i did not make a custom arena.

I tried making my first arena today and I HATED this. Definitely needs to be patched in the near future. I had to keep previewing my logo and hitting back before I could confirm.

Archived