Official AEW Revolution 2022 Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised he can use the William Regal name, I thought he used it in WWE first. For sure thought he would go back to Steven Regal or maybe Lord Regal lol

That sounds cool, but I rather see new guys in the group like Bryan mentioned. Lee & Garcia. 

Man I’m so glad they PROPERLY updated the women’s title. The 2nd version was an improvement over the first but still mid, this finally feels right. I’m happy. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the new title looks like the Gift of the Gods Championship from Lucha Underground and that's why Thunder Rosa was finally gonna win it. :lol: I mean they introduced Shida with a new title just to lose it her next match to Britt.

Quick thoughts:

Hirsh vs Kris Stat - Good, solid match. Leyla finally hit the moonsault!

Hook vs QT - solid Hook showcase

House of Black vs PAC, Penta & Redbeard - I like just about all these guys, but this match was a mess. Also, Penta carrying a shovel around feels like a comedy bit.

Eddie vs Jericho - really good stuff

Tag Titles - Absolute banger, great false finishes

Ladder Match - Probably the best multi-man ladder I've seen in ages. The big men really changed the match flavor, while Orange, Christian and Starks all thought outside the box and adapted fun strategies to maneuver around the meat

Cargill vs Tay - solid, I just really wanted Tay to win

Punk vs MJF - My MotN. This entire story has been beautiful. 

Baker vs Rosa - I missed the first bit, but the match felt... off. The finish makes me think Rosa earns a rematch very soon and demands a Cage so there's no interference and finally wins

Mox vs Danielson - Really great stuff. Unique finish. REGAL!

6 Man Tag - Fun lil spotfest. Nothing necessary, could've done without it.

Adam vs Adam - Spectacular match. Table spot felt unnecessary, but otherwise this was right behind Punk/MJF for me. Funny enough, I think those are Hangman's next two big challengers. I think he retains against Punk at Double or Nothing and loses the belt to MJF later this year.

Archived