The Wrestling Code Recap

Ernez

So I'm the new video editor for Virtual Basement, I realize this game won't come out for awhile but there has already been so much hype. If you wanna support me, please consider just checking out the video for me. :) Let me know what you'd like to see from Virtual Basement on The Wrestling Code! Gameplay is being shown this year!

Wuhu, Congrats...thats very cool.

As for what i would like to see? Just gameplay in general, nothing else at the moment.
Letting the developers do their job in peace pretty much for now, im just super interested in seeing how the game will play.

Thank you all.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:22 AM, Mani-Man said:

Wuhu, Congrats...thats very cool.

As for what i would like to see? Just gameplay in general, nothing else at the moment.
Letting the developers do their job in peace pretty much for now, im just super interested in seeing how the game will play.

Gameplay is coming, but it's not like with most things. They want to be very transparent about their process. Kind of like a ride along. You see each step they take and the progress as it unfolds. 

Excellent, finally. For all my criticisms of how they've done their marketing so far (and yes, I stand by my criticism of the mocap we've seen so far); in the end it is the gameplay and creation suite that will be make or break for me. Especially with 2K going in a direction im not entirely sure I agree with.

I'm hoping they manage to wow me with ideas, and keep me happy by not being secretive and guarding their gameplay process like a dragon with its weird video game hoard.

On 2/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, CROSS-Out said:

Excellent, finally. For all my criticisms of how they've done their marketing so far (and yes, I stand by my criticism of the mocap we've seen so far); in the end it is the gameplay and creation suite that will be make or break for me. Especially with 2K going in a direction im not entirely sure I agree with.

I'm hoping they manage to wow me with ideas, and keep me happy by not being secretive and guarding their gameplay process like a dragon with its weird video game hoard.

outta curiosity, what didn’t you like about 2K22? 

7 minutes ago, EJ! said:

outta curiosity, what didn’t you like about 2K22? 

I am not a fan of how they appear to have designed the new grappling system. I do not like the idea that if I want to grapple, I have to use a lock up or combo. That feels extremely arcadey to me and I don't play 2K for arcade gameplay.

On 2/7/2022 at 10:25 PM, CROSS-Out said:

I am not a fan of how they appear to have designed the new grappling system. I do not like the idea that if I want to grapple, I have to use a lock up or combo. That feels extremely arcadey to me and I don't play 2K for arcade gameplay.

i definitely understand that. tbh i’m not holding my breath for this game to handle grappling much differently than that but we’ll see

• 4 months later...

So in 2k22 the whole creation mode as a whole does suck, with there being logo slots that will be taken up just by caws I have no room for arenas championships etc. The story mode/my rise is kind lackluster being that each rivalry lasts 2 or 3 weeks when big ones should be maybe 2 to 3 ppvs worth.  

Heres what I do love about 2k22 and also 19 being my favorite 2k game so far. 

The hair physics are good, could be better. Universe mode but its always been a little I guess underwhelming. The gm mode in 22 is watered down but I love it anyways. I like the promo engine but wish it suited each superstar to their personality instead of in game traits. Advanced entrances in 2k19 was really good and make a video as well. Create an arena is fun but wish it had more options such as barbed wire ropes, more props, more arena styles like the RR that was held in a baseball arena I believe it was(dugout as entrance way)  the amount of in game superstars is a pretty good size especially in 2k19 considering the roster size they had at the time. 

To make this post shorter than what it's about to be fire pro wrestling is a game that's definitely playable for a long time. With so many options with creations and the gameplay isnt terrible but if you dont play for a while its hard to pick back up. 

If this game were to be a fire pro wrestling with modern day graphics and an easier gameplay engine, itd be hard to ever get off the game

Archived