Official WrestleMania 38 Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

My favorite 'Mania in forever. That was the stuff of dreams. Perhaps the best 'Mania ever purely in terms of moments. Cody's return, Austin/KO, the entertaining celebrity stuff on both nights, Lashley suplexing Omos, McAfee's stellar WM debut and being crazy over, Vince wrestling, Austin/McMahon all over again, Reigns continuing his legendary reign... phew!

Night 2 didn't hit the height of Night 1 for me but it was still greatness. The New Day stuff was pointless but I liked/loved everything else. Edge/Rollins was easily MOTN and I'm surprised at the criticism I've been seeing for it on social media. It was never going to be a fast-paced, high energy bout like Rollins/Cody but it was still pretty great. Probably not the MOTYC I was hoping it'd be but it still delivered. Zayn/Knoxville was amazing throughout. One of the funniest matches I've ever seen and I enjoyed the hell out of it. McAfee/Theory was solid for what it was. I hadn't forgotten how good Pat was against Adam Cole when they faced off but it was still amazing to see him bust out his moves at 'Mania. The crowd absolutely loved him and I can't blame them. Triple Threat Tag Team match was good. Lashley/Omos was cool. The main event was whatever. I've seen Reigns vs. Lesnar so many times before that nothing they'd have done would have wowed me but it was good, I guess. Just hope it's the last we've seen of it.

Superb 2-night show overall. 

Top 3 matches imo, in order:

• Rollins vs. Cody
  • Becky vs. Bianca
  • Edge vs. Styles

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/4/2022 at 6:08 AM, T-Hell said:

Lmao that was terrible.

I gotta say.. I don't really see the appeal on Reigns. I know he's been killing it since his heel run, but to be wwe champion for over a year and then become unified world champion.. seems to much. I just think there are more interesting guys out there.

Regins rules, hes basically a new age Triple H. Spent years winning and losing belts, took time off saw how the fans felt, got Heyman on his side than the Usos. Nothing but layers around him to keep the title in his possession. Hes walking with swaggar cause he knows hes good, and if hes not good enough he has Heyman and the Usos to make sure hes good. 

Archived