Official WrestleMania 38 Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TNFNS said:

I enjoyed most of the show and I don’t even watch the product a lot. I’m definitely gonna be watching every week now to see what Cody preaches next ??

Idk about watching every week, but I’ll definitely be checking for his segments for sure. 

Night 1 was amazing. Cody and Seth was definitely match of the night for me. 5 stars and all. The atmosphere, the chemistry, the spots, the wrestling and presentation was top tier. Austin taking bumps and running shit and Owens protecting him>>>>>> We love to see it. Nothing felt out of place for me on the card. Everything was paced properly and not overly booked or overly produced. 

I wonder if it was because Austin was getting cold feet heading into WM and was unsure how much he could do that would be to his satisfactory, so he didn’t want to make any promises he couldn’t keep. But then he got to Dallas and maybe he talked things over with Owens and whoever else and got comfortable enough to work a whole match.

8 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I wonder if it was because Austin was getting cold feet heading into WM and was unsure how much he could do that would be to his satisfactory, so he didn’t want to make any promises he couldn’t keep. But then he got to Dallas and maybe he talked things over with Owens and whoever else and got comfortable enough to work a whole match.

makes a lot of sense and i suppose it didn’t hurt having him do some vintage promo work

I ain’t mad (ok, I’m a little mad because I got that prediction wrong. *Censored*!). Look, Ronda has been lackluster since her return. I don’t know why that is, but she’s been delivering so-so to subpar work, so I can’t say I’ll be all that excited to see her as champion. Maybe when she gets her mojo back we can talk, but Charlotte as the champ seems like the better choice to me atm.

I enjoyed the show way more than I thought I would. I can't believe Stone Cold had an actual match in 2022. Those bumps made me nervous. I'm surprised to see Cody back after everything he did at the start of AEW. But I'm really happy for him to get the Rhodes name back. 

Do you think they could get Cody into the Whole Dam Show pack? Or even release him stand alone? It'd make unbelievable money. 

Enjoyed the hell out of that. Liked every match bar the opener (due to no real fault of the participants). Didn't care about McIntyre/Corbin at all leading up to the match but it was surprisingly good. Mysterios vs. Miz/Logan seemed like filler but, again, ended up being really fun. Becky/Bianca was great, FAR better than Sasha/Bianca last year and I'm happy for Bianca. Cody's return was phenomenal holy shit. One of the greatest WM moments ever and it's truly incredible how he's gone from being a complete afterthought the last time he was in WWE to having the whole wrestling world talking about him. His reveal and the entrance gave me goosebumps and seeing him back just.... felt right. And the match itself was icing on the cake. It was incredible. Rollins was the perfect opponent to cap off such a hugely anticipated return and the match delivered on all fronts. MOTN for me and Edge/Styles is the only match I can possibly envision being better from night 2. Ronda/Charlotte was good but the finished sucked balls. I'm so over Charlotte. Just give us something new already ffs. Owens/Austin was just perfection all around. The segment, the match, the moment. Such a fitting end to the night and big props to Owens for how he managed the whole thing. The amount of trust Vince and Austin must have had in him to give the green light for the match is crazy. He deserves a big, big push and I'm so glad that he got to relive his dream. 

Night 2 is probably not going to be as good but we can only hope. 

Guest Fight Me.
21 minutes ago, AlterNation said:

I've just realised that the pre-entrance video Becky got was a reference to the MCU opening.

True but also WWE's Then. Now. Forever. intro lol

Archived