DLC Discussion Thread (All DLC packs available)

Jeb ★

17 minutes ago, Glen Coco said:

i’m not familiar with Indi’s moveset but are her finishers and signatures this ugly as they are irl as they are in the game ? they seem random af like the divas movesets used to be in SvR

Yeah i don't seem to remember her finisher being a springboard dropkick or a sidewalk slam, isn't her finisher a springboard elbow drop?

Yeah shes been doing it since before she left The Way

Its like 2K just hit the random button for her moveset. Her signatures are completely random, don't think i've ever seen her do a Hammerlock DDT, or a Stalling Suplex.

Been looking at all the top moves of Indi vids on youtube and can't find a single instance where shes used a Springboard Drpokick, Hammerlock DDT or a Stalling Suplex, she uses a sidewalk slam but never to end a match from what i can tell. They got her finishers and signatures all wrong.  Plus shes regularly used a running Big Boot since her debut as one of her main signature moves, its in all the top move vids of her yet its not even in her moveset at all.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah i don't seem to remember her finisher being a springboard dropkick or a sidewalk slam, isn't her finisher a springboard elbow drop?

Its like 2K just hit the random button for her moveset. Her signatures are completely random, don't think i've ever seen her do a Hammerlock DDT, or a Stalling Suplex.

Been looking at all the top moves of Indi vids on youtube and can't find a single instance where shes used a Springboard Drpokick, Hammerlock DDT or a Stalling Suplex, she uses a sidewalk slam but never to end a match from what i can tell. They got her finishers and signatures all wrong.  Plus shes regularly used a running Big Boot since her debut as one of her main signature moves, its in all the top move vids of her yet its not even in her moveset at all.

That new sidewalk slam can only be assigned as a signature. I was gonna give it to Kane as a Irish whip grapple but it’s not selectable which is a shame. 

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

i just watched a compilation of her moveset and sadly those are her actual moves minus the elbow ?? jesus CHRIST i didn’t know her moveset was so basic 

15 minutes ago, Glen Coco said:

i just watched a compilation of her moveset and sadly those are her actual moves minus the elbow ?? jesus CHRIST i didn’t know her moveset was so basic 

Lol so they based her movest off her Indy matches from over 3 years ago? Wtf shes been in NXT since early 2020 and does almost none of those moves she did on the Indy's. Its like they didn't bother looking at any of her stuff from NXT to make that moveset.

Just now, J-man89 said:

Lol so they based her movest off her Indy matches from over 3 years ago? Wtf shes been in NXT since early 2020 and does almost none of those moves shes did on the Indy's. Its like they didn't bother looking at any of her stuff from NXT to make that moveset.

this is why i feel like they need to just let wrestlers make their own movesets. they’re always hilariously inaccurate and have bad animations. DLC always used to feel different bc it seemed like they actually took more time, but even now half of the moves are unassigned or in Indi’s case: extremely outdated. i wouldn’t be surprised if they gave Indi a default moveset and just assigned the moves they saw here and called it a day ?

5 minutes ago, Glen Coco said:

this is why i feel like they need to just let wrestlers make their own movesets. they’re always hilariously inaccurate and have bad animations. DLC always used to feel different bc it seemed like they actually took more time, but even now half of the moves are unassigned or in Indi’s case: extremely outdated. i wouldn’t be surprised if they gave Indi a default moveset and just assigned the moves they saw here and called it a day ?

Yeah that would be a great idea to let the wrestlers make their movesets, they know better than anyone what they do and don't do. I remember Rollins playing one of the 2K games as himself on a stream and he did that single underhook driver move he used as a finisher like twice, and even he had to say "Man i don't even do that move anymore".

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah that would be a great idea to let the wrestlers make their movesets, they know better than anyone what they do and don't do. I remember Rollins playing one of the 2K games as himself on a stream and he did that single underhook driver move he used as a finisher like twice, and even he had to say "Man i don't even do that move anymore".

Mia Yim had a similar experience playing 2K22. There were several occasions where she went "I haven't used that in years" and "I don't do that."

2 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Oh well... Big righteous strikes again!!!

4 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah Wolfpac we really need you to give us a proper Indi moveset, Cause her moveset is easily the worst i've seen in the game in terms of having all the wrong moves in every area, her signatures and finishers are just baffling.

I’ll work on it, tonight man. I haven’t dived into her moveset yet. But seeing that it’s really terrible, I’ll definitely get to it.  I’ve finished Cactus Jack’s and Vader’s last night. Uploaded Jack’s but with Vader he doesn’t appear on the superstar page when uploading. Neither does Randy Orton and a few others. It’s weird. 

1 hour ago, WolfpacPrinxe said:

I’ll work on it, tonight man. I haven’t dived into her moveset yet. But seeing that it’s really terrible, I’ll definitely get to it.  I’ve finished Cactus Jack’s and Vader’s last night. Uploaded Jack’s but with Vader he doesn’t appear on the superstar page when uploading. Neither does Randy Orton and a few others. It’s weird. 

Sweet! Looking forward to it ?

Big yikes.

One hand, 2K blatantly sold people DLC and didn't live up to the advertised product. That is going to catch them serious heat.

Other hand, 2K was in a no win scenario here. If Carter did launch, 2K would be having to answer to why is a guy who dressed up like a Nazi in this game?

That's not to mention the fact they have no time to replace him with someone else. Can't just dump out a model, and call it a day. Commentary, AI, ring announcement lines (further complicated by Greg Hamilton's departure), all of that would have to be done to meet a June 7th launch. 

So in short, sucky situation. 

Situation pretty much outside 2ks control. WWE say who is in or out. Takes time and permission to create a new superstar (even 2k20 models would require rejigging) and most of the team would have moved to the next edition. Not a fan of MyFaction but it is what it is.  

2 hours ago, TheSaucyDuke said:

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/games/wrestling/confirmed-wwe-2k22-removes-nash-carter-from-upcoming-dlc/

Confirms Nash Carter has been removed, with MyFaction cards for Booker T and Seth Rollins being the replacement...

But I don’t use MyFaction, now what ??

I hope they at least keep the MSK entrance/victory motions and whatever DLC moves associated with Carter

2 hours ago, TheSaucyDuke said:

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/games/wrestling/confirmed-wwe-2k22-removes-nash-carter-from-upcoming-dlc/

Confirms Nash Carter has been removed, with MyFaction cards for Booker T and Seth Rollins being the replacement...

MyFaction replacement cards? Yawn.

It Hits Underwhelmingly 

Archived