DLC Discussion Thread (All DLC packs available)

Jeb ★

Vader hammers look good, but i hate that they always gotta add extra s***. like the headbutt. I mean im sure they saw him do it in whatever reference they used. But out of the 100s of times i saw him do that he didn't do a headbutt...so why is it necessary to add that?

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eastcoastkody said:

Vader hammers look good, but i hate that they always gotta add extra s***. like the headbutt. I mean im sure they saw him do it in whatever reference they used. But out of the 100s of times i saw him do that he didn't do a headbutt...so why is it necessary to add that?

Isn’t his old one still in? I plan on giving him both when I fix his moveset 

23 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything, but that bothers me too.

Vader is my favorite wrestler of all time, and I'm not too bothered that he doesn't have a new powerbomb -- his form was inconsistent, and the move looked different each time he used it. Sometimes he did a simple dumping Jackknife, sometimes he slammed the opponent down with all of his might, and sometimes he did a one shoulder variant. A couple of the powerbomb animations in the game look close enough to Vader's for me.

A unique chokeslam would've been nice, though. While most wrestlers lift the opponent while supporting their lower back, Vader supported the opponent from the back of their neck instead. AKI is really the only developer that managed to capture this aspect of Vader's chokeslam.

xcCa5nr.gifkHYvpvA.giffgKMoDp.gif

I actually made a wishlist of moves I was hoping to see added for Vader while researching his moveset in preparation for tomorrow's drop.

• Weak Strike: Vader Hammer (a simple forearm swipe)
  • Strong Strike: Pull-Back Clothesline (Vader yanks the opponent forward by their arm right into a hard clothesline)
  • Running/Rebound Attack: Vader Attack (his distinctive jumping belly bump/bell clap)
  • Front Grapple: Scoop Drop (a weak World's Strongest Slam where Vader remains standing, often used to set up the Vader Bomb)
  • Front Grapple: Fallaway Toss (a fallaway slam where Vader remains standing)
  • Front Grapple: Vader Chokeslam (supported behind the neck, not the upper back)
  • Rear Grapple: Belly to Back Uranage (a German Suplex transitioned into a Rock Bottom)
  • Corner: Vader Hammer Rush (a barrage of alternating forearm clubs and body blows)
  • Corner: Chest Clubs (Vader traps one of the opponent's arms behind the top rope and then drops several overhand clubbing blows onto their chest)
  • Corner: Vader Bomb (with pin combo)
  • Face Up at Side: Big Van Crush (Vader leans off the ropes and does a distinctive arm-flailing body splash)
  • Face Up at Legs: Elbow Drop to Groin (Vader spreads the opponent's legs and then drops a big elbow on their groin)
  • Against Ropes: Military Press Guillotine (Vader lifts the opponent up in a military press and drops them throat-first onto the top rope)
  • Top Rope Dive: Diving Vader Attack (a belly bump/bell clap off the top rope)
  • Middle Rope Dive: Middle Rope Vader Attack
  • Middle Rope Dive: Middle Rope Big Van Crush (the same unique motion as the ground version)

A few of them were thankfully added, but a couple more would've been appreciated.

I wish we had a general AKI games type Chokeslam with the Opponents legs shot out during the hang time (think like The Rock's selling), a Kane slamming X-Pac animation, and the Just Bring It/Kane slamming Jericho type animation

Apparently Nash Carter got removed from the files, so people are gonna be paying for one half of MSK in the Stand Back pack ?. If they don’t put a replacement in, is it technically a right to get some sort of compensation back? 

39 minutes ago, Glen Coco said:

lmaoooo wtf? that’s *censored*ing stupid. they need to atleast replace it with someone else or something 

yup, he was in the files when the last DLC dropped. Gone now, Wes Lee still got his render and stuff though.

Man, all those characters and not much new sheeit coming out of there. And they REMOVED an advertised character with no mention of it? Would he have had any new moves in there?

2k should've had some sort of announcement off that BEFORE the content release. Prolly shouldn't have done it at all. It doesn't matter if that's WWE's call, people should be compensated for that. That's the epitome of bad business

Edit: Okay, that packs not out yet. They need to say/do something and not sit on this. Not everyone gets their information through the same channels we do

Archived