DLC Discussion Thread (All DLC packs available)

Jeb ★

ugh. this game had 2 years, and the results feel like they wasted 1 year, 10 months, 6 days, 22 hours, and 40 minutes of it not working on the game. while i will give props to the character models, finally getting the game to a point where even the slightest glare doesn't crash to home, and a (misguided) decision to change some things...this game is a bad sign of what's to come. 

this combo system is here to stay, myfaction is here to stay, content being shaved off for aforementioned mode is here to stay, and a shift away from "wrestling game" to "twisted simplified mishmash of strikes and grappling with little depth" is here to stay. 

at least 2K19 isn't victim of these changes. guess i can enjoy that whenever i harken back to when 2K/VC actually tried.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The combo system isn't even that bad, its fantastic for strikers and high flyers and does indeed expand movesets; but it should not have been the entire focus of the gameplay loop and grapple shouldn't have been butchered for it. Someone high on the dev team wants this to be a fighting game and its really foolish.

Couple cool things from this pack. Rob and MGK look funny to me but I really dig MGK's entrance lighting. Xia's entrance is gaddamn amazing. I've never seen on actual TV but that was very unexpected and pretty badassed. The moves situation still hurts tho. GIVE THAT MAN HIS AXE GUILLOTINE DRIVER! ?

3 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

The combo system isn't even that bad, its fantastic for strikers and high flyers and does indeed expand movesets; but it should not have been the entire focus of the gameplay loop and grapple shouldn't have been butchered for it. Someone high on the dev team wants this to be a fighting game and its really foolish.

I definitely agree.

The combo system is an interesting concept. But it shouldn't drive gameplay. I came up with some pretty interesting combos for my CAWs. But most of the actual wrestlers have combo sets that don't match their actual wrestling style. 

2 hours ago, WolfpacPrinxe said:

Single Leg Boston Crab 3 has been removed. It was the only grounded Single Leg Crab in the game and it’s been removed. For *censored*s sake ??????

Why do they keep removing stuff with each patch? We still haven't gotten back the Hurt Business theme that was in the game originally before the first patch.

50 minutes ago, AegisAvenger said:

Why do they keep removing stuff with each patch? We still haven't gotten back the Hurt Business theme that was in the game originally before the first patch.

Yadda yadda yadda * stability issues * yadda yadda yadda 

meh, im passing on getting this last pack. other than playing just random exhibition matches while listening to podcasts, and that's IF i have any 'itch' to even play this, im pretty much done dealing with this game anyway. also, those two knuckleheads have an 80 rating? LMAO. Brooklyn Brawler could kick there asses in a handicap match.

WAIT, why have we never gotten the Brooklyn Brawler in a WWE game?

1 hour ago, eastcoastkody said:

love the new Rolling thunder. don't like that 5 of the 8 RVD moves they removed in SvR 2011....STILL haven't come back. 

RVD used to have a ton of moves in these games. 

That’s it. I mean I get that there’s way more people in the games nowadays, but people’s movesets truly felt like their own because there were so many animations unique to them. It’ll be a shame when The Wrestling Code has a better RVD moveset than the 2K games. If they’re gonna have people inaccurately mocapping moves then they might as well hire the most insane mocappers they can get so we get the sickest new moves in the game. Ninja Mack, Gringo Loco, Komander, Will Ospreay, SUGI, et cetera.

1 hour ago, RyanCE said:

I think Corner Body Shots, Knee Strikes & Roundhouse Kick, and Top Rope Oklahoma Stampede are all unused. I don't understand how 2K keeps forgetting to assign new moves in each DLC pack.

I think the first two are for RVD and the Oklahoma Stampede is for LA Knight

1 hour ago, RyanCE said:

I think Corner Body Shots, Knee Strikes & Roundhouse Kick, and Top Rope Oklahoma Stampede are all unused. I don't understand how 2K keeps forgetting to assign new moves in each DLC pack.

its not just the DLC packs. this has been happening in these games for years. Dolph, Jeff Hardy, Kane etc....are always missing moves because nobody assigned them. Its either someone not paying attention. Or rushing because they have no time

Yikes that leg drop machine gun Kelly does looks horrible like it belongs in a more fantasy fighting video game. 

Idk about y’all that defend it but that combo system is pretty hokey which I can get if you want an arcade style game.  I rather the way it was before with elements they removed like stamina, reversal limits, etc being more of what drove the match. 

Archived