DLC Discussion Thread (All DLC packs available)

Jeb ★

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was really looking forward to The Hurricane, but I'm so incredibly disappointed with his moveset. He really needed:

• Hurri-Chokeslam w/ pin combo (a high angle chokeslam; remains standing normally, drops to his knees for the pin combo)
  • Overcast w/ pin combo (middle rope twisting neckbreaker; similar to the Blockbuster but not a full front flip)
  • Avalanche Swinging Neckbreaker (from the top rope, not middle)
  • CrossFace Halo (straight jacket Edge-O-Matic)

The few moves we did get for him are underwhelming.

• For the Eye of the Hurricane, Helms quickly swung his arm over the opponent's chest like a lariat/neckbreaker 90% of the time; the elbow drop impact is more of a Big Show thing.
  • The Vertebreaker... I don't even know where to start. Obviously the bump is terrible, but even the setup is way off. The Kudo Driver is much more accurate to how Helms performed it -- it just needs a pin combo.
  • The new Shining Wizard is accurate enough, but it shouldn't only be available from the rarely-used, difficult-to-set-up kneeling position. Hurricane used this move all the time, so it should be easier to pull off.
  • When did Hurricane ever use an avalanche arm trap suplex? Is it something he did later on as Gregory Helms? I don't know why would you choose to include this over any of Hurricane's trademark moves I listed above.

You can tell that the people in charge just watch a "top 10 moves of..." video on YouTube, select a few random moves they think look cool (regardless of how often the wrestler actually used them), and then have some indie wrestler perform the move in a couple of takes without much regard for body language/posing before calling it a day.

I feel like I have Stockholm syndrome with this series -- it's basically the only game in town for wrestling fans, so I keep coming back despite my continual disappointment.

Yeah I agree, we should of gotten way more moves with The Hurricane. Most of his new moves looks really off. I don’t really feel like I’m playing as The Hurricane as I did when I played Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth. 

12 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Can't put the Cruiserweight title on Hurricane. ???

I think its because cruiserweight titles are hard-coded to be 205 and under but the older cruiserweight title back in the day had a higher weight limit.. I think 225 or 235 iirc.

^indeed

the really dodgy thing is that Hurricane is the ONLY light heavyweight DLC character thus far (RVD should be as well when he drops) so it's even more annoying because it gives the appearance that they did it intentionally

they certainly could have been less rigid but "technically," he's in the correct weight class per what's defined in the game

54 minutes ago, El Marsh said:

^indeed

the really dodgy thing is that Hurricane is the ONLY light heavyweight DLC character thus far (RVD should be as well when he drops) so it's even more annoying because it gives the appearance that they did it intentionally

they certainly could have been less rigid but "technically," he's in the correct weight class per what's defined in the game

I would like them to just give us the option to set actual weight limits on custom titles at the very least, so if I want a light heavyweight title or a super heavyweight title I can make one.

11 hours ago, RyanCE said:

I was really looking forward to The Hurricane, but I'm so incredibly disappointed with his moveset. He really needed:

• Hurri-Chokeslam w/ pin combo (a high angle chokeslam; remains standing normally, drops to his knees for the pin combo)
  • Overcast w/ pin combo (middle rope twisting neckbreaker; similar to the Blockbuster but not a full front flip)
  • Avalanche Swinging Neckbreaker (from the top rope, not middle)
  • CrossFace Halo (straight jacket Edge-O-Matic)

The few moves we did get for him are underwhelming.

• For the Eye of the Hurricane, Helms quickly swung his arm over the opponent's chest like a lariat/neckbreaker 90% of the time; the elbow drop impact is more of a Big Show thing.
  • The Vertebreaker... I don't even know where to start. Obviously the bump is terrible, but even the setup is way off. The Kudo Driver is much more accurate to how Helms performed it -- it just needs a pin combo.
  • The new Shining Wizard is accurate enough, but it shouldn't only be available from the rarely-used, difficult-to-set-up kneeling position. Hurricane used this move all the time, so it should be easier to pull off.
  • When did Hurricane ever use an avalanche arm trap suplex? Is it something he did later on as Gregory Helms? I don't know why would you choose to include this over any of Hurricane's trademark moves I listed above.

You can tell that the people in charge just watch a "top 10 moves of..." video on YouTube, select a few random moves they think look cool (regardless of how often the wrestler actually used them), and then have some indie wrestler perform the move in a couple of takes without much regard for body language/posing before calling it a day.

I feel like I have Stockholm syndrome with this series -- it's basically the only game in town for wrestling fans, so I keep coming back despite my continual disappointment.

they def just watch Top 10 vids. this is why we get weird versions of moves sometimes.

like 80% of the moves look fantastic. But that other 20% that are mocapped with the wrong version, or an arm in the wrong place .........or when they replace things with obviously worse versions. Drives me nuts. and 20% is a lot when u are talking about like thousands of moves/taunts etc being in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

the entrance is cool. the face looks good. But he is also too fat and doesn't have the chest hair. 

but yeh the wig is the one thing u gotta get right. And its one of those things, when u watch this vid it immediately looks wrong

his head looks like a hedge or tree for some reason

Don't follow the product but from what I can tell Douey looks good

In the shot of all the clowning around DLC, did they really use a CG shot of Doink and not a real png? Hair aside, I appreciate how creepy he looks

Piper will be one of those I  play as the most,she looks good..

Hopefully 2k and our friend here has included some new moves for her...

And we're still missing the damn Axe Guillotine Driver...Damn it..

Archived