DLC Discussion Thread (All DLC packs available)

Jeb ★

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know actually, my memory from his day is rather fuzzy due to certain issues; but typically in wrestling move verbatige, super denotes a regular move performed from the second or third turnbuckle; though in more recent years "avalanche" has conquered the roost in that regard. Carny wording i suppose, lol.

Yeah, I understand that, but since I don't recall Umaga ever doing a Samoan Drop from the top rope I assumed you meant his pop up Samoan Drop, which is certainly a "super" version of the regular move. Plus it wasn't shown off in any of the DLC new moves videos because it isn't down as new or downloaded for some reason.

7 minutes ago, TheSaucyDuke said:

Yeah, I understand that, but since I don't recall Umaga ever doing a Samoan Drop from the top rope I assumed you meant his pop up Samoan Drop, which is certainly a "super" version of the regular move. Plus it wasn't shown off in any of the DLC new moves videos because it isn't down as new or downloaded for some reason.

His two Samoan Drops were already in the game at launch for some reason. They didn’t have any sound when used though. 

Some thoughts:

• Belly to Belly 9 is missing sound
  • The Samoan Drop 4 animation looks like it's supposed to be an Irish Whip rebound grapple, but it's only available as a front grapple
  • Using Umaga's Leaping Headbutt sometimes triggers Falling Headbutt 2 instead at random
  • Like I mentioned earlier, the Falling Headbutt 2 preview animation is an upper body attack (and looks better than the side version); I hope it's patched in as an upper body attack so I can assign both new headbutts to Umaga

Umaga did the super samoan when he was Jamal a couple times, but i don’t think he did as Umaga. 

i wish we had some DL managers like Mr. Fiji, Armando and etc. but I can’t wait to play when I get home i already started DLing with my PS app. i can’t believe we got Youmanga and Regal in the same after all these years ? I might have him debut on my raw show with Regal as his manager for the lulz

Phew. Thanks for the responses and sorry for any confusion. Yeah I said Super Samoan Drop and meant the "Pop up" version because I'm pretty sure that's what [THQ] called it before 2k removed it (?). Last WWE game I played was 2k18, and I don't recall it being in 17 (unless that's the year they took it out) and by "it" I mean something similar to the Samoan Drop 9 in this game that was mentioned (gaddamn BEAUTIFUL btw, props to Ricky and the team). They only had that crappy one that had a bit of delay catching the opponent out of the popup before hitting the drop. I was alway a bigger fan of the 3 Minute Warning era one cause of the snappiness. Very pleased to see it back.

The gameplay makes trying the dlc weird. Like I just played omos vs raul Mendoza and Raul fought the match like he was destined to win it which is weird.

Also these movesets are so off. I really hope they get someone to work on them better next year. All these movesets look like they were decided with “yeah he probably would do that I think” or “he probably does this because it looks close to his finisher”.

23 hours ago, NiceTwice said:

The gameplay makes trying the dlc weird. Like I just played omos vs raul Mendoza and Raul fought the match like he was destined to win it which is weird.

Also these movesets are so off. I really hope they get someone to work on them better next year. All these movesets look like they were decided with “yeah he probably would do that I think” or “he probably does this because it looks close to his finisher”.

Big righteous is one of the worst things that happened with this series.

Edit: spelling :)

11 hours ago, Souljask said:

Bir righteous is one of the worst things that happens with this series.

I can't disagree with you, he bit off more than he could chew and it's biting him in the behind right now. Though to his credit this is a massive undertaking and isn't for the faint of heart so we can only hope 2K see's the public response and gets someone that knows their stuff a little bit more than their 1st choice. :) 

He's said that some of the movesets got messed up before the release and don't reflect his original work on them (especially the default combos), there's a reason he's still uploading updated movesets for this game even though he already worked on them lol. Also Omos 's DLC moveset is clearly out of wack and is completely different than the one Righteous made for him in 2K20 very recently so that's not on him

39 minutes ago, Glen Coco said:

i’m pretty sure that if they paid a random dude they found on the street $5 and a ham sandwich who only watched two wrestling matches in his entire life, he could probably come up with better movesets

????

6 hours ago, Glen Coco said:

i’m pretty sure that if they paid a random dude they found on the street $5 and a ham sandwich who only watched two wrestling matches in his entire life, he could probably come up with better movesets

Ikr! Umaga had  a Samoan driver as finisher.

He never did it as Umaga, only as Jamal.

Why put it as umaga's finisher?

6 hours ago, Jeb ? said:

He's said that some of the movesets got messed up before the release and don't reflect his original work on them (especially the default combos), there's a reason he's still uploading updated movesets for this game even though he already worked on them lol. Also Omos 's DLC moveset is clearly out of wack and is completely different than the one Righteous made for him in 2K20 very recently so that's not on him

I shudder to think how many nerds out there legitimately believe this...

Archived