Bugs & Glitches Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, JasonKortare said:

I was hoping that the fans would get so sick and tired of the freezes and glitches that we would do a big social media boycott of WWE 2K22 and 2K23.

Seems more that people are just silently quit.
The amount of CAW/FED people that announced they "retire" or will most likely if 2k23 doesnt throw it out of the park, is getting bigger and bigger.

I know its not the best base to go with, but according to Steamchartz, the game loses players since May...from almost 4k to 600.

Considering the absolute lack of communication since release, im not surprised the fans arent making a big fuzz...because it doesnt look like anybody at 2k/VC cares at all about this game.
So its waste of breath even for fans to make some noise.

Even though I very much disliked the direction of the game, I was still impressed when it launched. But every single patch has only made things worse or done absolutely nothing about the issues. The DLC was not even close to worth what the wanted for it, and honestly it leaves me wishing they had just kept the servers on for 2K19 and 20 and instead spent one year patching the ever loving shit out of 2K20.

Im not even against all the changes they made in 2K22, there are some features I really like. they made springboards way better (still need to make them usable as goddamn finishers besides outside to inside, but i digress), the combo system is fantastic for strike based wrestlers, but other changes... just... *censored*s sake.

I still find myself in disbelief that they are going to push forward with WWE 2K23. Honestly? I feel like the only reason why they are pushing with 2K23 is simply due to contract obligations. I bought the NWO 4 Life version of 2K22 and I spent a good amount of time playing the game until the first round of freezes and glitches started to happen. My favorite mode in the game hands down is MyRise, I love it.

I've always enjoyed WWE games but I feel like moving forward, they have lost the trust of a lot of fans. I am 100% not expecting for 2K23 to have a high level of sells in it's first week once it's released. What could they honestly give us in 2K23 that would be enough to apologize for how 2K22 turned out?

2K22 was very well recieved in comparison to the usual fair, and particularly in comparison to 2K20. Like it or not unfortunately, the causal playerbase isn't going to be nearly as upset about the way the game become buggier and more broken as the patch cycle went on.

That's also why i really wish they had just separated the changes to gameplay into its own game with a different name and gone all the way with it, and then kept the simulation aspect in the main series and alternated between the two.

People won’t boycott or hold out on the next game, wrestling is niche enough that there just aren’t many alternatives to the 2k series. 

You either go back in time and lose features such as universe mode or moves, or you play something like Fire pro which isn’t for everyone. 

The 2k games will always be purchased by a core set of people because until the wrestling code and AEW games show up, there’s no true alternatives. 

On 11/21/2022 at 12:02 PM, Oscar22 said:

People won’t boycott or hold out on the next game, wrestling is niche enough that there just aren’t many alternatives to the 2k series. 

You either go back in time and lose features such as universe mode or moves, or you play something like Fire pro which isn’t for everyone. 

The 2k games will always be purchased by a core set of people because until the wrestling code and AEW games show up, there’s no true alternatives. 

But thats the problem...that many arent into the 2k games anymore because they are good.
They buy it because they dont have many alternatives.
Some of the Content Creators buy it out of necessity.
The Caw creators etc buy it because its their "hobby" not because they are super excited.

And that is making it worse.
Because then its really just a matter of Alternative and not of quality.
Then when an Alternative good enough shows up, they ditch it so fast.

But then i think the market will always be so niche that the Wrestling Fans get them all because its a niche market.

46 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

But thats the problem...that many arent into the 2k games anymore because they are good.
They buy it because they dont have many alternatives.
Some of the Content Creators buy it out of necessity.
The Caw creators etc buy it because its their "hobby" not because they are super excited.

And that is making it worse.
Because then its really just a matter of Alternative and not of quality.
Then when an Alternative good enough shows up, they ditch it so fast.

But then i think the market will always be so niche that the Wrestling Fans get them all because its a niche market.

Exactly, I agree with you and this is what I was saying in my initial post - people buy 2k games because what’s the alternative? 

Currently there’s AAA, Retrofest, and Fire pro. So there isn’t really a high quality alternative to the 2k games. Fire pro has some great ideas, but not everyone can get along with 2D graphics and the somewhat awkward angle for the camera which affects the controls. 

Im really excited for the AEW game as it looks like it could be a viable alternative as long as you aren’t looking for stunning graphics on a 2k level, and you don’t mind it being more arcadey. It looks very nice mercy/HCTP to me which is great. 

I think the next game after that which might actually give 2k some competition is probably the Wrestling Code. 

As you say though, content creators etc buy 2k because… well… what else are you going to buy? 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it counts as a bug/glitch...but somehow my entire game and all of the DLC got wiped from my system. I just noticed that it was listed in the "all games" section of my Xbox catalogue, and not in the installed content list. So...now I'm literally installing everything again (wtf). Is this because they changed the icon to the one where Rey has the spikes? It's been a while since I played, so I didn't notice that it just disappeared. But, I have never heard of a game just uninstalling itself before...

Gonna bet I lost all of my damn created content and story progression too. - So help me god, I've already had to do the Mysterio stuff 3 or 4 times because it keeps resetting. I better not need to do it again.

Literally the one time in months that I decide it might be fun to play the game for a few moments...and it has mysteriously vanished. Figures. Lol.

*Update - seems like all my actual saved content is still unlocked and saved. Thank god. Still...why did this shit just uninstall? Lmao.

Archived