AEW Drama

Austin3035

27 minutes ago, StillDriven said:

Is all of this over NXT and Dynamite being on the same night and time? I don't see this effecting AEW at all. This whole thing sounds childish.

It is...and I honestly think WWE is making a bigger deal out of it by booking people like Cena and Taker to appear. 

I mean...at this point, AEW is going to be a normal wrestling show with story progression and regular matches. And NXT is some sort of circus attraction tonight. - I wonder how much actual wrestling there will be after all the special appearances. My vote is firmly for AEW. 

Edited by Generations

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony's bold reaction to the whole situation doesn't really make sense to me....What is it about NXT changing schedules that would set off a trigger? The media is hyping this up about how HHH and Shawn Michaels are doing this to send a message to Tony Khan......Send a message for WHAT? WWE is the Biggest thing in Pro Wrestling for years, what reason or motive would HHH have to some how stick it to Tony Khan and AEW? Who the hell watches NXT anyways?

If I was HHH I probably wouldn't even be thinking about Tony or AEW. When you are on that type of pedestal it's kinda one of those things where you are like "Who the F*ck is Tony Khan and what is AEW?" I say that to Tony Khan respectfully.

Edited by StillDriven

55 minutes ago, StillDriven said:

Tony's bold reaction to the whole situation doesn't really make sense to me....What is it about NXT changing schedules that would set off a trigger? The media is hyping this up about how HHH and Shawn Michaels are doing this to send a message to Tony Khan......Send a message for WHAT? WWE is the Biggest thing in Pro Wrestling for years, what reason or motive would HHH have to some how stick it to Tony Khan and AEW? Who the hell watches NXT anyways?

If I was HHH I probably wouldn't even be thinking about Tony or AEW. When you are on that type of pedestal it's kinda one of those things where you are like "Who the F*ck is Tony Khan and what is AEW?" I say that to Tony Khan respectfully.

That's basically my point. NXT is not very widely viewed, and it shouldn't be a big deal that AEW is on the same night. BUT...WWE is clearly treating it as a challenge of some kind, because they never book all of these special appearances on NXT otherwise. It is absolutely hilarious that they're putting people like Cena and Undertaker on NXT, teasing Jade on twitter...doing all these things that are completely out of the ordinary and seem like overkill.

Tony's "bald asshole" reaction feels equally overboard and absurd...but in a more cartoony way, which is why I just find it funny. The WWE response to AEW is funny in kind of a sad way (they should have just booked a normal episode of NXT and not done all this obvious try-harding), and Tony's reaction is funny in an absurd way. At least I can laugh at Tony and be like "yeah...that's overboard but comical"...with the WWE side of things, it's just kind of pathetic, tbh. They gave AEW a ton of credibility by actually treating their Tuesday show as a threat.

Edited by Generations

WWE has a history of doing petty things behind the scenes, so it would only make sense for HHH to make a petty move like putting NXT up against AEW. WWE is a business that should never be painted as a saint. I can totally picture Vince doing this to Tony for something as simple as maybe Tony made a comment about him that rubbed him the wrong way.

I'm rooting for Tony and AEW but sometimes I wonder if AEW might have a future of sometimes going through rough patches or downfalls because Tony's emotions get the best of him and he might make reckless decisions. I kinda wonder if Tony is a hazard to his own company in regards to not thinking from a perspective of a business man who wants to build a legacy.

HHH has no reason whatsoever to be doing this. WWE is a Billion Dollar Golden Egg, nothing can really intimidate it. This is the same company that bought their own competition on cable TV.

Meh...the Juice thing isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Just typical internet shit.

Will be forgotten by next week.

He said he had a roll of quarters with MJF's name on it, and held up a literal roll of quarters with 'Friedman' written on it. - BIG reminder that Juice has hit people with rolls of quarters before there was anything to do with MJF being Jewish. Was the segment out of touch? Sure. Was it too far? Probably. But KO'ing people with a roll of quarters is a thing that Juice has done, still does, and will continue to do. Any "jew" related context was likely agreed upon and encouraged by MJF himself. I would say there is zero percent chance that the segment was intentional in regards to current events...and was an unfortunate case of pro wrestlers being too dumb for their own good (a recurring theme to anyone familiar with pro wrestling).

Edited by Generations

27 minutes ago, StillDriven said:

In other news CM Punk NOT going to WWE? I kinda like it when wrestlers turn down offers from WWE. It's cool when you can say I don't care how big the platform is, I don't need Vince or his money.

Lol...that's not what the story is at all.

All accounts have Punk wanting to return to WWE (being turned down three times, in fact) and WWE not wanting to sign him back. - Could be a swerve to make it a big surprise for Survivor Series or Royal Rumble...but, it makes perfect sense that they don't see him as a risk worth taking.

Either way...definitely not Punk turning down their offers. That's as far from the reports as you can get. - At best, it's a trick to put fans off the trail of him actually returning. At worst, Punk's value is seen as negligible by WWE. Lol.

Edited by Generations

Tony is a character, and I think his lack of professionalism on twitter is kind of hilarious. It's like people forget where pro wrestling came from. Guy is a carny in the truest sense, and I kind of love that about him. It's certainly no skin off my back when he flies off the rails on social media. I greatly prefer the version of Tony that says whatever wild shit comes to his mind on twitter over the weird robotic Tony that we sometimes get on announcements. Him going out and cursing, instigating people, and being generally cringe as *Censored* is always entertaining to me. None of that embarrassing energy reflects on me. I just laugh from the sidelines.

Edited by Generations

To those of you that really watch AEW and follows the show, if AEW is simply better as far as Story angles, promos, segment and all around substance of a wrestling show compared to WWE? Let me know for sure and I will work my way into truly watching it and getting into it. My patience with WWE is officially gone. I like some people on AEW already so maybe it will be something I can get into. I like The Acclaimed, Anna Jay and maybe Swerve once he grows on me. 

Nah, AEW is a cluster f**k majority of the time. Its not the saving grace some pockets of the iwc claim it to be. It has its moments but just like WWE you have to sit through ALOT of garbage. 

Also depending on the style of wrestling you like you could love aew or absolutely loathe it. AEW is a double edged sword in alot of ways with their approach of 'all styles of wrestling is good wrestling' 

Moving back to the discussion of Tony Khan and this HHH situation. Now that Tuesday night is over with, perhaps I could be playing myself to believe that Tony is gonna let this situation go and brush it off. Tony is probably like a rich kid in a candy store playing around with WWE lol

Edited by StillDriven

ioi.png.132dae2467814a60d1f9eb4745f932e1.png

People are roasting him. But, he's right. 

It was absurd to have Cena and Undertaker on NXT, and it made WWE look like they were worried. It was a stupid booking decision. Now...of course, Tony comes off as "coping" with the ratings loss when he makes posts like this...which is also a bad look. But, the booking of NXT was a bigger offense in my opinion. You're talking about bringing out some of the biggest guns in WWE's arsenal just because AEW was on the same night as NXT for a single week. 

Tony is unconventional in how he responds to WWE...and he says a lot of questionable things. But I agree 100% with him calling them out for this. - It would be better if someone else had made the connection and called them out. He's certainly not the ideal person to be doing it...but he's still right.

Edited by Generations

Not to knock their body of work over their careers or anything like that, but it goes to show you that names are just names. Casuals aren’t gonna tune into AEW no matter who’s there because it isn’t on their radar and they haven’t done anything compelling enough to get on the radar.

Tony could get John Cena and he'd have him fighting Griff Garrison in his debut match.

He has a tendency to immediately cool off anyone he brings in.  It's happened SO many times. 

The stars are often dulled by his poor booking. Makes them feel lesser.

Edited by Kman

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

Not to knock their body of work over their careers or anything like that, but it goes to show you that names are just names. Casuals aren’t gonna tune into AEW no matter who’s there because it isn’t on their radar and they haven’t done anything compelling enough to get on the radar.

Not entirely true, IMO.

A ton of WWE fans are cringy turds who have some weird cult-like following to WWE. 

I don't think it's so much that AEW isn't on their radar...I think a lot of them are WWE loyalists for whatever weird reason. They know what AEW is, and they treat it like a threat to WWE, and they refuse to watch it for that reason. It's cringy and weird...but it is what it is.

It's not like AEW "isn't big enough" or something like that. - They have advertisements all over. They have toys and video games. People definitely know what it is...it is definitely out there "on the radar" of anyone who would benefit from knowing about it. It's just a weird "us vs them" mentality that WWE loyalists have.

Edited by Generations

It’s just funny to see how much Edg…Adam Copeland doesn’t draw. I don’t care about the tweets or any of that goofy ass shit about stacked cards with legends and etc. Like why sign his old ass and two weeks in row he hasn’t moved a single viewership spike. Just wasteful. 

14 minutes ago, The Nerd said:

It’s just funny to see how much Edg…Adam Copeland doesn’t draw. I don’t care about the tweets or any of that goofy ass shit about stacked cards with legends and etc. Like why sign his old ass and two weeks in row he hasn’t moved a single viewership spike. Just wasteful. 

Maybe because there's more value to people than television ratings. Maybe because WWE didn't want to pay Edge what he was willing to work for...and the guy is still a legend who deserves work? Maybe because giving fans Edge and Christian again is the right thing to do. I dunno...there are tons of reasons.

Also...I don't know how many times it bears repeating that every single appearance Copeland has made thus far has been under unusual circumstances...be it airdate changes, cable companies messing up the listings, etc. The guy hasn't even had a single fair crack at normal ratings. Why are we acting like he's a proven failure? Lmao.

Edited by Generations