AEW Drama

Austin3035

I’m definitely not spending two hours and watching Collision live anymore for the foreseeable future. It’s just not must-see TV anymore without Punk. Same for Dynamite which is why I don’t watch live anymore either. I caught up with Collision last night and other than the Ricky/Steamboat segment, I skipped everything. Acclaimed versus The Ex-JAS? Aussie Open facing Komander/Nick Wayne? Ha. Yeah, right. That’s Rampage-caliber. There’s no way I’m wasting time on that. The rest of card wasn’t much better either.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again...that just sounds ridiculous. 

I appreciated what Punk brought to the show....but one person will never be the only reason to watch a wrestling program. - If that's the case, then yeah...people need to move on to something else, because they aren't really wrestling fans. (People are entitled to skip the show for any reason they want...but, if one guy was the last straw, then just be honest with where you stand as a fan and stop making excuses).

Also...it's different if you watch for a bit and lose interest because you were looking forward to Punk and the show isn't holding your attention. But, for that many people to tune out the very moment that the news broke? Yeah...nobody needs those kind of fans around. Don't let the door hit them in the ass...for real.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway...I'm gonna point out that Collision was up against Payback this past week, and that probably had more to do with the loss of numbers than the Punk thing. We'll see what the numbers are this coming Saturday. 

Edited by Generations

46 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

They aren't on Collision.

And 400k has been pretty  much the norm for Collision.

The same night they lost 18% was the same night they were victory lapping around and after the “boss” made the announcement. That’s real time and real numbers. Anything before it isn’t really what I’m focused on. It’s the fact they didn’t do 400K this time. 

2 hours ago, Generations said:

Again...that just sounds ridiculous. 

I appreciated what Punk brought to the show....but one person will never be the only reason to watch a wrestling program. - If that's the case, then yeah...people need to move on to something else, because they aren't really wrestling fans. (People are entitled to skip the show for any reason they want...but, if one guy was the last straw, then just be honest with where you stand as a fan and stop making excuses).

Also...it's different if you watch for a bit and lose interest because you were looking forward to Punk and the show isn't holding your attention. But, for that many people to tune out the very moment that the news broke? Yeah...nobody needs those kind of fans around. Don't let the door hit them in the ass...for real.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway...I'm gonna point out that Collision was up against Payback this past week, and that probably had more to do with the loss of numbers than the Punk thing. We'll see what the numbers are this coming Saturday. 

I’m going to assume if the draw and top star of the show was there, Payback being on wouldn’t be the reason at all. The people tuned out because those show that featured who it was centered around was fired. 

2 hours ago, The Nerd said:

I’m going to assume if the draw and top star of the show was there, Payback being on wouldn’t be the reason at all. The people tuned out because those show that featured who it was centered around was fired. 

I'm sorry..."Payback wasn't a factor at all"? A concurrent wrestling show on the exact same night, at the exact same time? Of course it was a factor. I'm sure plenty of people tuned into the first few minutes of Collision and then remembered that there was a PLE on at the same time, and I'm also sure that plenty of people might have saw that Punk was fired and decided to watch Payback instead. I'm sure it's a combination of many things...but, of course Payback affected the numbers in some way. AEW and WWE do not have 100% exclusive audience shares. There is plenty of overlap.

Edited by Generations

One day, sadly not today or Tomorrow...people will realize how utterly dumb they sound with the Ratings talk.

Like, WWE makes record profit, AEWs value rises as we speak, Impact can upgrade their presentation because money is there, Joshi Wrestling rises in Popularity, NJPW does so well, many indy promotions pointed out that the number of tickets sold is up.

And some can only think about the childish Tribalism which good running wrestling show on TV does better.
One day we will leave this behind and just enjoy wrestling...i hope i will be still alive when that day comes.

Yeah...the Santana/Ortiz situation has been an ongoing thing, and it's unfortunate. The two of them belong as a team. The happy middle ground is midcard booking where they eventually become tag team champions. I don't think Santana is a main event guy or a big star in the making...but I also don't agree with Ortiz being happy to just accomplish nothing. I wish they could figure things out as a team and land where they are supposed to be. I never understood why AEW didn't just do LAX with them and Kingston. Maybe that's the best thing right now...and they could win the trios titles.

Its Unfortunate, especially since they have this fallout in the public and all...really sad to see.
I dont think any of them has a big future ahead as Solo wrestlers, but what can you do?

If things between that turned this bad, its best to go seperate ways.
Nothing wrong with what they want from their Careers, but its sad when this is put out in the open.

Saraya is being particularly cringy on twitter and it feels like way more than just "heel work". She's picking fights with fans, insulting them, cursing at them...she's talking shit about Emi Sakura and mocking the fact that she was emotional about Saraya taking her Queen spot at Wembley. Just acting like a trash heap overall. Not really a surprise...but, still.

Edited by Generations

13 hours ago, Generations said:

Saraya is being particularly cringy on twitter and it feels like way more than just "heel work". She's picking fights with fans, insulting them, cursing at them...she's talking shit about Emi Sakura and mocking the fact that she was emotional about Saraya taking her Queen spot at Wembley. Just acting like a trash heap overall. Not really a surprise...but, still.

Isnt that with Emi meant to be "in character"?
But yeah, she goes a bit too far with stuff.

I often want to give her more benefit of doubt because of the sheer bullying she faced for years and still does...but she goes way too far.
Like that one guy said something dumb about Womens Wrestling, but she kept insulting and bullying the guy several times.
One tweet is fine,  but literally checking out the guys profile and all that is pointless bullshit.

And the way she handles it when people call out her shitty boyfriend...is also rather questionable.

10 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Isnt that with Emi meant to be "in character"?
But yeah, she goes a bit too far with stuff.

Is it, though? Like...is that an angle they're even building? Is she going to enter a feud with Emi on television? If the answer to that is no, then it feels like she's just being a twat for no reason.

And the Saraya thing is especially baffling, given her personal history. You'd think she would know better than anyone what kind of power social media has, and maybe have a greater respect for the words that she uses towards people. I don't consider personal attacks on people to be "heel work"...like, at one point she mentions looking through someone's profile and just says a bunch of personal shit about them. That's not heel work...that's too much.

Edited by Generations

• 4 weeks later...