AEW Drama

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't follow any of this sheeit, never seen a single episode of AEW programming, don't, but where are all of the non Elite veterans at when these things happen? Why is there zero control over there? Literally inmates running the asylum. AEW was supposed to be this haven, the better alternative to WWE, but there's no structure seemingly, no sturdy foundation. How does a building stay standing tall when the supports are weak?

3 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Kinda wild when you think about it assault with a gun, out on bail, no punishment. But Punk gets fired for backstage fights. 

The Wheeler thing? Well allegedly he just showed people the gun that he was in an altercation with.
Do people get fired if they get in fights or so outside of their Job?

I would think that literally again punching people during the Job is more cause for firing than what goes on outside of work...but that comes down to what is happening.

Punk got fired for the attack but allegedly there were many instances that made the ice thin for him.
So its not "just" backstage fight but again i find it really questionable how people kind of downplay the fact that this man when coming face to face with someone, had to resort to violence.
Even in wrestling, this should be unacceptable.

2 hours ago, WNX said:

I don't follow any of this sheeit, never seen a single episode of AEW programming, don't, but where are all of the non Elite veterans at when these things happen? Why is there zero control over there? Literally inmates running the asylum. AEW was supposed to be this haven, the better alternative to WWE, but there's no structure seemingly, no sturdy foundation. How does a building stay standing tall when the supports are weak?

That is being overly dramatic.
Its not like people literally fight constantly backstage.
That not everyone is on friendly terms should be clear.
Sure a stronger leadership would be good to keep everyone in line...but its not like the wild west there.

5 minutes ago, StillDriven said:

Lemme talk to ya!

Question: Does CM Punk still have a chance at maintaining a successful career in any of the big league wrestling companies if THIS is simply just how he chooses to behave and function as an employee?

Punk is done. No company will want him. He's a ticking time bomb

2 hours ago, StillDriven said:

Lemme talk to ya!

Question: Does CM Punk still have a chance at maintaining a successful career in any of the big league wrestling companies if THIS is simply just how he chooses to behave and function as an employee?

Unlikely, maybe NJPW but for that i think he is too old.
The Only two companies who have the money to pay him, he burned bridges with.
Impact, NWA just dont have the money to pay him.

Tbf, Punk has had problems with every promotion he's set foot in. He always had beef in WWE and was branded difficult to work with. However, people kind of appreciated it, because WWE was a dumpster fire back then. Fans and athletes alike were keen to say "he's fighting our fight...because we hate the same shit he does". And that can kinda be said for the AEW situation to some extent as well. But, it is definitely a pattern with Punk to always have problems with employers. And, I mean...you look at the other endeavors he's tried, and none of that stuff really panned out either. 

Only time will tell if Punk was a benefit or a detriment to AEW (he was probably both)...but, I will note that All Out was a much better show than All In...and if the overall locker morale is better with Punk gone, then that's a good thing. It isn't worth the entire product being bogged down for one guy. 

I was never a CM Punk fan, not because I disliked the guy, I just wasn't into him like that. All of this AEW controversy allowed me to find out more about him. I want to focus on the bigger picture. CM Punk definitely has a fan base and trying to find work after wrestling might not be easy for CM or any wrestler for that matter. It's kinda crazy and disappointing to know that this is happening to a main event level superstar. I know that fans online are gonna be like "CM brought this on himself" and maybe they are right but it's difficult for me not to think about the legendary Shawn Michaels when it comes to this WHOLE ENTIRE situation.

Shawn Michaels was famously known for being an A**hole backstage. I watched his biography and the GOAT himself, Undertaker said he couldn't stand him, nobody did. Truth be told, I love Shawn and I am very happy that he is a changed man, especially with everything he was going through back then.

My question is this....Lemme talk to ya!

Is the world of pro wrestling famously known for having an A**hole backstage who runs the locker room because they are the STAR who calls the shots? Either you deal with the situation backstage or suffer the consequences if you don't fall in line? I feel like perhaps we do have superstars who simply wants fairness without favoritism and doesn't want to feel like their voices and ideas cannot be heard. I have just heard so much controversy in regards to backstage heat, especially with WWE, so it's just crazy.

8 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

The wild thing is alot of people coming up said Punk had a old school way of thinking and is wrestling in the wrong era and honestly he would have gotten eaten alive in the 80s locker rooms.

More than likely yeah.

The rumor is that Punk visiting Raw was him seeing if he could get back into the WWE...absolutely wild.
I just said yesterday he burned bridges there and all...but then, its WWE...wilder things have happened.

And i could see a WM program happen for Punk.
You know, that could also be a nice way to end his wrestling career.
Have him be at the Rumble, start a program there for a WM night one main event...everything he ever wanted.
Then he retires.

Would be absolutely insane if that happens.
We will see what the Cm Punk story holds in store in the next months.

Maybe it all turn into a win/win situation for everyone.
Gone from AEW who can breath a sigh of relief now, going back to the WWE for one final run.

What a weird wrestling year we had either way so far.

4 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

More than likely yeah.

The rumor is that Punk visiting Raw was him seeing if he could get back into the WWE...absolutely wild.
I just said yesterday he burned bridges there and all...but then, its WWE...wilder things have happened.

And i could see a WM program happen for Punk.
You know, that could also be a nice way to end his wrestling career.
Have him be at the Rumble, start a program there for a WM night one main event...everything he ever wanted.
Then he retires.

Would be absolutely insane if that happens.
We will see what the Cm Punk story holds in store in the next months.

Maybe it all turn into a win/win situation for everyone.
Gone from AEW who can breath a sigh of relief now, going back to the WWE for one final run.

What a weird wrestling year we had either way so far.

And you just KNOW the saudi's would LOVE to see CM Punk on a wwe show there too...

And remember that wwe gets new owners soon, owners that have a history with Punk and know what he brings to the table...

WWE has the structure to deal with Punk. It’s a win/win for them. They bring in Punk for a boost to their shows and business and either it works or it doesn’t. If they get disruptive Punk, then they cut their losses but that won’t change the initial boost they get. WWE is all about business, especially with the sale coming up quickly

Even if they sign him to a merch deal and a handful of big events (like Lesnar)...it would keep him from being too involved with the rest of the roster backstage...and he could just make his appearances and stay out of things. Which is honestly what AEW should have known to do. He didn't need to be on weekly.

27 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

You guys keep forgetting that while the new WWE owners are rich UFC fighters are grossly underpaid. Sure WWE's gonna be the same thing.

Doesn't WWE pretty much have carte blanche to continue business as usual? How much of their finances are actually being messed with? I'm gonna guess that Paul or whoever probably says "this is how much we need to operate"...and the owners probably say "yeah, okay"...and that's about it.

13 hours ago, Generations said:

Even if they sign him to a merch deal and a handful of big events (like Lesnar)...it would keep him from being too involved with the rest of the roster backstage...and he could just make his appearances and stay out of things. Which is honestly what AEW should have known to do. He didn't need to be on weekly.

A Part timer deal would be perfect for Punk.
Go in, get paid...dont have to deal with shit, done.
But the question is if the WWE is willing to take the risk, because you just never know what triggers Punk and his moods.

I feel like being as involved in AEW as he was, maybe that was part of the problem.
Like, he is one who wants to go things his way, if he doesnt get that...he can be hard to work with.
A part timer deal would not have him around too much.
Also, with NXT etc the wwe has created a environment where there are rookies who will listen and take advice...in AEW you have mostly guys who made it this far on their own and have a certain confidence etc that can make them a bit too cocky where Punk giving advice isnt as good as with these Rookies at NXT etc.

Of course going back to the wwe would make Punk a Hypocrite...but that he is that, is not a shocker at this point.
People kind of have built this idea around punk that he is more an idealist than he really is.
Good enough offer and he would have gone back to the WWE long ago.

If you look at it, this in the end could be a win/win for everyone.
AEW has one less "problem" backstage, Punk who wasnt happy doesnt need to show up anymore, and as part timer in the wwe, they could have all the benefits with little of the negatives attached to Punk if its done right.

Credit pwinsider 

The opening quarter of the 9/2 episode of Collision drew 472,000 viewers according to WrestleNomics.com.

After Tony Khan announced that he fired CM Punk 89,000 people tuned out as they went down to 383,000 viewers, a loss of 19 percent of the audience

1 hour ago, glennsoe said:

Credit pwinsider 

The opening quarter of the 9/2 episode of Collision drew 472,000 viewers according to WrestleNomics.com.

After Tony Khan announced that he fired CM Punk 89,000 people tuned out as they went down to 383,000 viewers, a loss of 19 percent of the audience

Honestly...*Censored* those people. That's gross behavior. If they were there for a single person...then *Censored* em. That was a good episode of Collision, and All Out was amazing.