AEW Drama

Austin3035

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally have no cares left for Punk. Don't care if he was wrong or right.

His return was lackluster and he doesn't really have anything left to offer. It would have been nice if he could have done his thing as a mouthpiece and helped some of the wrestlers grow. But it didn't work out. Let's just leave it at that.

It's a shame it can't be worked out as the guy was involved in alot of great stuff and produced the best feud AEW has ever put out with him and MJF.

I still think he has plenty left to give but whether or not they can all be grown ups and do what's best for business? Still seems unlikely. 

I still can’t believe Mox (and Tony) would pressure Punk to work hurt.

Well, I guess can believe it because Mox’s whole wrestling mentality is completely deranged but the audacity of him doing that is boggling. What a *censored*ing ego. Guy was so hellbent to legitimize his shitty championship reign that he shoehorned this crappy Rocky 3 knockoff story to build to their PPV match.

Funny thing about Mox being "hardcore", is that he really isn't even...I mean, not compared to the deathmatch guys who do that shit for real. - I know he came from CZW or whatever...and he fancies himself to still be "that guy"...but, if you compare him to the guys and girls who are really out there doing that stuff, he's not in that same league. So...at best he just kinda floats around in-between being a very average performer and someone who blades too much. 

Edited by Generations

Wasn’t really talking about him doing hardcore spots — or I guess how he does them per se (the stuff he does in AEW is your usual relatively safe smoke and mirrors bullshit except with superficial blade jobs). I’m talking about how he generally works his matches. He sees himself as an ultra badass so he spams a bunch of shit that makes him look like a “badass.” The overuse of blood. Barely selling. Burying the ref by spending significant time outside the ring. Spamming hardcore spots. Unprofessional shit like constantly swearing on the mic. He knows better since he was in the WWE, but he’s so full himself and has some machismo complex that continues to do all of that crap. So it wouldn’t surprise me if he suggested Punk should work hurt even for a dumb little angle.

17 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I still can’t believe Mox (and Tony) would pressure Punk to work hurt.

Well, I guess can believe it because Mox’s whole wrestling mentality is completely deranged but the audacity of him doing that is boggling. What a *censored*ing ego. Guy was so hellbent to legitimize his shitty championship reign that he shoehorned this crappy Rocky 3 knockoff story to build to their PPV match.

Honestly i can see Mox and Tony's side. Do a quick squash with minimal work and build the angle for months while you heal. But at the same time i understand where Punk is coming from. I don't think either were in the wrong until Punk now. Like your not apart of the company and want back in but your still stirring up shit as the company was kinda finally getting past that whole thing.

It’s sad at this point. Tony Khan is absolutely out of his element. This is all happening because he’s not a good boss and doesn’t know how to manage. I wonder if he realizes these wrestlers are taking advantage of him?

Do Punk a favor? Punk didn’t even want to do this moronic storyline. He wanted to drop the belt when he got injured and Tony said no. If anything he did this schmuck a favor by doing that squash for him because poor Moxley was so hurt that his crappy interim reign wasn’t going to be acknowledged once Punk eventually beat him. The dude shouldn’t have been the interim champion anyway because he was a babyface that the crowd loved (for some reason). A heel should have been champion last Summer so that way the build to All Out would have had a returning babyface Punk competing against the heel champion who was running amok throughout the Summer. It would have been simpler and probably more interesting than two fan-favorite babyfaces competing against each other.

Best thing for AEW would be a working relationship with MLW, where Court Bauer is given complete creative. Hell...I think even someone like Danny Cage from Monster Factory could book a better product. Tony just needs to accept that he can't do everything himself, and letting the wrestlers run the asylum is a shit idea.

Edited by Generations

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

How funny would it be if he came back and pulled the same shit.

Wouldn't surprise me.

He just seems to be the kind of person who says/acts first and thinks later. So many points in his career have been marked by jerk-reaction type scenarios. Some for the better...some definitely for the worse.

Everything about AEW from the start showed a questionable lack of direction and signaled some pretty serious red flags. - Whether it was the "sportslike presentation where records will matter", or the "athletes will govern themselves" mentality...and especially the whole "Elite performers from around the world. Only the best"...which was immediately followed by a bunch of absolute jobber jabronis being hired just because they were friends of one person or another. 

I still think Tony's heart is in the right place. But he needs to accept that hiring a legitimate booker and writer would be a better direction at this point than...whatever the hell is currently going on. And, yes...firing a bunch of the people who have failed to engage the audience in any way. 

Orange Cassidy has achieved John Cena status...and at least Cena was a huge musclehead. - We're way past time where Cassidy winning everything is "charming" or "funny". Especially when you include Best Friends in that win streak, and have them going over people like House of Black clean. There's a serious problem there. 

Then you have a guy like Hook...who is ready, and has been ready for a long time. He's the guy you push. But you keep sticking him with stables for no reason. Hook should be where Orange Cassidy is. If you want a guy who is casual and cool, who connects with crowds...while actually being a BELIEVABLE threat...then Hook is that person, not OC.

Next, there's the Archer situation. Dude is a legit monster...who always wants to go. But you keep him off tv and push Luchasaurus instead, because he's a homegrown talent and that seems to be more important than anything else. - Some of these pitfalls are the same ones WWE has made, that AEW vowed to not repeat. 

I keep saying it (because it's true) -  AEW has an amazing roster. Really good. But, we all see it...around 70% of the best talents are used sparingly or not at all. 

Final note...I truly believe firing Jericho would be a HUGE step in the right direction for cleaning up several aspects of the shitshow that AEW has become. Things started off well enough with his presence in AEW. He gave some credence to the brand new title. And Inner Circle was decent enough for what it was. But, everything after that, with JAS, has been an absolute chore/dumpster fire. And you can feel his influence in segments that he isn't even involved with.

Edited by Generations