AEW Drama

Austin3035

If Punk when to the Elite and they laughed him off why didn't he go to Khan??

This is all a product of a bitter old man with skin thinner than a fresh burn victim not being able to take a line in a wrestling promo.

But yeah it was really cool when Punk called Triple H a doofus whos only in charge due to his marriage, or said Dwayne doesn't care about the WWE he cares about the paycheck, or how he always says *Censored* Hulk Hogan for being a prick when he is just as much of a prick.

How come when Punk shit all over Kingston, Eddie never took a swing or anything against him? But Paige does it and is so subtle that noone but Punk realized and its a huge issue. 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Found on reddit...

Another 2 hours of  "ain't my booking great" masturbation  time..

Nick Hausman: “I just got word that AEW will have media scrums after Full Gear! Thank you to @TonyKhan for continuing to do them. I’ll be there on behalf of @WrestlingInc. Let’s have some fun!”

• 4 weeks later...

When asked if he thought he may still face Punk at some point in the future, Starks replied, "I would hope so, I really do. I thought Punk, (William) Regal, these people that came in were great additions to the locker room. Great additions in terms of what they provided. I know, personally, I was able to talk to Punk a lot and get help on my promos and things like that. Same with Regal, because I've known him for so long. It was kind of a blow that both of these guys left. I am hopeful that down the line I do get that matchup. If not, I get it, that's how the business is, but it would be nice. It would be nice to be able to work with somebody of that caliber because I've yet to work with, besides Sting, I've yet to work with somebody of such a high caliber, and the Sting match was a year or two ago."

Source: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/ricky-starks-it-would-have-been-great-have-match-cm-punk-i-was-always-able-talk-him

———

See, Ricky gets it. Guys like Adam Page don’t get it and that’s why they’re not as talented as guys like Ricky. If there’s someone who desperately needs help with their promos and delivery it’s Adam Page. It’s a shame he has the mindset that he has, but I guess that’s what happens when you’re brought up by the Elite.

Sadly, AEW just ain't the place. - They really had the chance to be "the place"...but, have consistently shown that they might be even more tone-deaf than somewhere like Impact or NWA. People like Starks and MJF know how to build themselves up regardless of the environment they're in. Both of those guys were stars even when they were in places like MLW and NWA. And they will honestly be bigger stars when they inevitably leave AEW. - Sad, but true.

Edited by Generations

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Frankie Kazarian Opens Up About Getting Advice From William Regal And Chris Jericho:

"William Regal, who is a friend and gentleman, called me over and he kind of whispered in my ear, 'Have you been doing this s*** too long to not take advice?'" Kazarian said appearing on "Ad Free Shows."  He continued. "I said, 'Me? Regal, absolutely not. What do you got for me?' And he gave me some advice on the match I just did and it made perfect sense and this is me 25 years in."

Well look at that. Kaz showing that even a 25-year-veteran like himself can continue to learn and take advice. I wonder if certain empty-headed individuals in the AEW locker room can one day come to learn that it’s not such a bad thing to be opened to advice, especially from guys who have a shitload of experience and success?

Eh. Knowing them? Probably not.

Not all advice is equal.

Regal has a ton of respect from pretty much everyone.

Jericho, I would take with a huge grain of salt at this point in his career, since most of what he's involved with is absolute shit now...and with Punk  (who I assume is the person you're referencing), you could definitely see why it might be harder to take his advice over some others. - At the end of the day, the Punk stuff happened because he was out of the wrestling industry for a LONG time, then came into a company he never worked and started trying to tell people what to do. - I really don't care who was right or wrong...or if anyone should have taken his words more seriously. But, that's a whole different situation from Regal.

Also, note that Regal showed respect before he even said anything. (By asking if someone wants your advice, you already do them the service of acknowledging that they might not). If Punk had asked Kenny, Hangman, or the Bucks if they wanted his advice, he would have opened the conversation with mutual respect and acknowledged that they have accomplishments of their own. 

Edited by Generations

15 hours ago, Generations said:

Not all advice is equal.

Regal has a ton of respect from pretty much everyone.

Jericho, I would take with a huge grain of salt at this point in his career, since most of what he's involved with is absolute shit now...and with Punk  (who I assume is the person you're referencing), you could definitely see why it might be harder to take his advice over some others. - At the end of the day, the Punk stuff happened because he was out of the wrestling industry for a LONG time, then came into a company he never worked and started trying to tell people what to do. - I really don't care who was right or wrong...or if anyone should have taken his words more seriously. But, that's a whole different situation from Regal.

Also, note that Regal showed respect before he even said anything. (By asking if someone wants your advice, you already do them the service of acknowledging that they might not). If Punk had asked Kenny, Hangman, or the Bucks if they wanted his advice, he would have opened the conversation with mutual respect and acknowledged that they have accomplishments of their own. 

I wasn’t alluding to one particular person exactly; I was alluding to the general anti-advice sentiment coming from parts of the AEW locker room that vets like Regal, Billy Gunn, Arn, JR, and yes, CM Punk have spoken up about. So to me it’s nice to get further confirmation on this problem.

As for Kaz quoting Regal, the way I read it was that Regal was both taking a little jab at the anti-advice folk while also trying to genuinely gauge what kind of person Kaz is. Fortunately, Kaz welcomes advice, which does not surprise me one bit.

But why put it that way? If Regal simply said, “Hey Kazarian, you want some advice?” This would be a different matter. But he didn’t. There’s been several comments from vets who have talked about how they feel like they’ve been underutilized by the AEW locker room. If that context didn’t exist, this again would be a different matter. But it does exist. There seems to be a pattern forming and this little quote here fits right in that pattern.

However it was meant to be taken, the one thing that’s for sure is to always be opened to advice. Some empty-headed individuals may think otherwise, but it’s their loss.