AEW Drama

Austin3035

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, the "old guard" of pro wrestling are just turning out to be such loathsome shits. Can honestly count on one hand the number of "legends" who haven't ended up being scumbags to some degree. Super refreshing to have young blood like Hangman in the wrestling industry who actually give a shit about things that have real world consequences. 

38 minutes ago, Austin3035 said:

your only saying that cuz there republicans  honesty  

Eh...no. I'm saying it because most of them think that brain damage is part of the job, bullying and hazing are funny, and sexual harassment is fine.

Kane having shitty opinions on politics is a mere example of an old school wrestler being dumb. By no means does it start or stop there.

Edited by Generations

I don’t know if we can confidently say that this generation knows sexual harassment is not fine…

And in fairness, I have never heard any vile backstage story involving Kane, so I don’t know why you’re grouping him with old school wrestlers who did depraved shit.

2 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I don’t know if we can confidently say that this generation knows sexual harassment is not fine…

And in fairness, I have never heard any vile backstage story involving Kane, so I don’t know why you’re grouping him with old school wrestlers who did depraved shit.

I never once "grouped him in" with wrestlers who do depraved shit.

I also never suggested that the current generation of wrestlers are pure and innocent. (No one is trying to prove a negative here). - I just said that wrestlers from the old guard are well documented for having bad opinions on a variety of issues. Kane is disappointing for his political opinions, and his failure to view life as anything other than black and white.  You'd like to think that someone who is as well-traveled as he is would be more cultured and less divisive. But, here we are. 

Point is, you have tons of guys from the past who actively criticize wrestlers for being "too nice"...spending their time playing video games, etc. It's very much a mentality of that generation that you need to be an asshole to everyone around you, and that "might equals right" (as Kane so ignorantly exclaimed). - In no way am I placing the entire burden of poor behavior on Kane. He is just a product of a larger problem that has always persisted in locker room culture. (Which is also why there are current stars who continue to act similarly). Things are better...but they are not entirely resolved (they never will be). Still, that past generation was by and far worse at viewing the larger picture than the current talents are. Even when you have something like sexual harassment, or hazing, or unsafe work conditions now, people immediately call out the person who is accused of it. That is a big change. Kane comes from a "boys will be boys" era...so he very much thinks that ranting online about democrats being weak and Russia being "strong" is acceptable. He fails to read between the lines.

Edited by Generations

Statements like “Can honestly count on one hand the number of "legends" who haven't ended up being scumbags to some degree” and “…most of them think that brain damage is part of the job, bullying and hazing are funny, and sexual harassment is fine” just gave the impression that were saying majority old schoolers were diabolical people with shitty views and this generation of wrestlers have evolved beyond such behavior and views — which I don’t think is a very accurate characterization for either group. But your latest post provided some clarity, although I would still avoid making generalized, assured judgments about either generation.

Following the huge announcement from Tony Khan last week about the acquisition of ROH its become clear that the deal was quickly rushed through to get the big announcement made on Dynamite and that finer details still need to be ironed out.

Sescoops shared more details on the deal outlined below.

• The deal is expected to close on the 1st week of April if not sooner than that. The feeling is that the deal went “in reverse” and “backward” because it came together quickly and now the details need to be figured out.

• ROH employees were told the company doesn’t get the impression the ‘new regime’ is interested in hiring them after the sale goes through and the employees are encouraged to look for other work. Severance packages are being considered but nothing is decided on yet.

• Regarding the HonorClub streaming service, it’s said to be in limbo and ROH has a call scheduled with AEW to review the technical setup behind HonorClub and determine if that asset will be included in the deal.

•  The message to the ROH staff has been described as management is fighting for them and exploring how to help everyone, but “there is no formal transition planned and no guarantee that anybody will stay on.”

ROH has a TON of fat to cut...so, I don't really mind hearing that the process will be one of weeding-out. Of course, it sucks for those talents who had a place...but, it is what it is. You can't expect new management to keep talents who won't help in the building of the new vision. 

Guest Fight Me.
32 minutes ago, Generations said:

ROH has a TON of fat to cut...so, I don't really mind hearing that the process will be one of weeding-out. Of course, it sucks for those talents who had a place...but, it is what it is. You can't expect new management to keep talents who won't help in the building of the new vision. 

I think they mean actual employees behind the scenes. All talent was let go at the end of the year.

Speaking with Salcedo, Janela said that he couldn't confirm his suspicion that he had backstage heat as the AEW office stopped talking to him:-

AEW Giving Wrestlers On Expiring Contracts The Silent Treatment

"I’ve had a string of bad luck throughout my AEW career and that may have been the straw that broke the camel’s back but I don’t know because they don’t communicate with me. They did the same thing to Marko Stunt. They just stopped talking to him. But I appreciate them. If you have talent relations, I know Christopher Daniels would love nothing more than to tell me I am no longer with the company. But it is what it is. I am not sad, I am not mad, I am not mad at anyone, I had a wonderful experience.”

This comes following Chavo Guerrero Jr.'s quiet removal from the AEW roster, seemingly to the talent's own surprise. Following this, Chavo claimed that Khan had promised him he'd have a job waiting for him once he finished working on Young Rock's second season last year, with the AEW President later confessing that while Guerrero Jr. was on a week-to-week contract, he "owed him a call."

Communication issues seemed evident in Big Swole's late-2021 split from AEW too. Initially described by Swole as a "mutual agreement", Khan later claimed that he had let her go as he felt her "wrestling wasn't good enough," doing so after Swole claimed AEW's lack of opportunities for African-American performers contributed to her leaving.

well that’s not a good look.

i don’t know if i would rather have an expiring contract and be ghosted by Khan or have Vince straight up tell me he won’t release me from my contract.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tony Khan: independent study confirms that much of the anti-AEW social media posts are bots being signal boosted

Published on April 8, 2022

Tony Khan stated on Twitter that an independent study has confirmed that many of the anti-AEW accounts on social media are run by bots.

Khan tweeted, “An independent study has confirmed that much of the staunch anti-AEW online community aren’t real individuals, it’s a staff running thousands of accounts + an army of bots to signal boost them. Look closely, these aren’t real people. Who’d pay for such a *wildly* expensive thing?”

What Khan is likely referring to is the Twitter accounts that get boosted primarily by accounts that were recently created. Many of those accounts end up getting banned by Twitter’s auto-bot filters while others evade the ban and continue to boost other anti-AEW tweets.

Khan followed up with another tweet:

“Research this one yourselves. You internet detectives thrive in these situations. Speaking of wild things: You won’t want to miss @JonMoxley vs. @WheelerYuta on #AEWRampage @ 10pm ET/9pm CT on @tntdrama TONIGHT!”

“Their boiler room staff is going to be working overtime on a Friday, and I love it!”

The tweets suggest that perhaps a competitor has been paying to help spread negative information about AEW.

• 4 weeks later...

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/class-action-complaint-filed-against-all-elite-wrestling-llc-for-allegedly-violating-the-americans-with-disabilities-act/

The class action lawsuit, filed on May 4th, alleges that All Elite Wrestling, LLC has denied equal access to the AEW Shop website. Plantiff Luigi Abreu claims that AEW has violated the Americans with Disabilities Act with its merchandise website.  The lawsuit notes Abreu is a visually-impaired and legally blind person who requires screen-reading software to read website content.

The lawsuit is alleging the website “is not equally accessible to blind and visually-impaired consumers,” and is in violation of the ADA.

He is looking to bring this class action lawsuit “for declaratory relief, injunctive relief and compensatory damages—including statutory and punitive damages—against defendant named herein, and alleges based upon the personal knowledge of plaintiff, the investigation of counsel, and upon information and belief.”

Edited by Austin3035