AEW Drama

Austin3035

Oh wow…didn’t know any of that. Man, these wrestlers really need to stay off Twitter. 

Yeah I would say that he was kind of in a lull in regards to his in ring work. The MJF/Cincinnati stuff was fun but he lacked fire and passion. I thought he was doing better with Malakai Black though. Where he goes he from now, not sure. 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I’ve seen from his Twitter, he doesn’t seem to shut up about things. I remember he posted something awhile ago about losing his girlfriend and pictures in his phone getting deleted.. I was like, what?

• 1 month later...

I don't know what to think.

It's Cody, so I don't put it past this being a MASSIVE work.

Dude returning to WWE post Throne-Breaker? I dunno that he'd get a royal welcome...

At the same time, there were so many rumors about Cody & The Elite's fallout. Maybe he wasn't enjoying himself. Maybe he couldn't handle the boo's. Brandi especially always got jeered so hard.

Cody's content was either great or horrible. His feuds with Ogogo & QT were such awful wastes of time, while his feuds with MJF, Jericho and most recently Malakai were very fun.

Either way, I'm interested.

Brandi and Cody seem to be WWE bound.

Doesn't suprise me they left either after Tony Khan stripped kenny, cody, the young bucks from all creative work several months

ago because he wanted to control all creative work himself.

He obviously don't know what happen to WCW in the past either so he keeps doing the same mistakes they did until they had to close their company.

Signing tons of wrestlers  without having enough time in his shows to book them, cutting peoples time that were on the roster since the beginning instead of building them up

to stars and hiring almost everyone ex-wwe giving most of the time and money to them. Barely anyone has a character, no real build ups or storylines (not existant for the women and only slightly existant for the men).

Kinda sad though since they have a great males and females roster that can work well and have a good programming.

Instead  they are stuck on this stupid "rankings system" that makes no sense and most of them appear once in a blue moon on dark to squash a jobber and be done with it.

1 hour ago, The Nerd said:

The implosion begins. 

nah if anything things will probably be even smoother up top now. Cody has been a square peg in a round hole since day one. he and his segments/matches rarely ever fit the tone and style of the rest of the show

Guest Fight Me.
18 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Wonder what happens to their TBS show?

Rhodes to the Top? Fightful says they haven't been filming anything backstage for season 2 but that maybe Darby Allin will be getting a show. And I assume they'll easily replace Cody on the Go Big Show like they did Snoop lol

Edited by Fight Me.

This is a win/win situation for both companies, nobody in the AEW fan base wanted to see Cody on TV. And Vince gets to have an AEW Co-founder throw shots at the company he created on TV then throw him in matches with Ricochet after. 

he did all that shit talking and throne destroying just to run back btw 

Edited by TNFNS

6 hours ago, EJ! said:

nah if anything things will probably be even smoother up top now. Cody has been a square peg in a round hole since day one. he and his segments/matches rarely ever fit the tone and style of the rest of the show

Yup, not that i dont think its sad that he is leaving after being a key player that built it up...and even sadder thinking he might go back to the WWE.
But its been a long time since Cody played any real important role in anything AEW related.

The idea that this somehow makes AEW begin to fall apart, is just weird.
Overreacting as usual in the wrestling fandom.

8 hours ago, EJ! said:

Honestly speaking you can say that about 60% of what they produce on that show. I just think it looks bad when a guy that helped create all of this got to a point where he doesn’t want to be there anymore. Of course we don’t know the behind the scenes but it just to me feels like this is just the beginning.

2 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Yup, not that i dont think its sad that he is leaving after being a key player that built it up...and even sadder thinking he might go back to the WWE.
But its been a long time since Cody played any real important role in anything AEW related.

The idea that this somehow makes AEW begin to fall apart, is just weird.
Overreacting as usual in the wrestling fandom.

There is no overreacting. I was being cynical as I want it to implode. So, no. Lol

• 2 weeks later...