Official WWE Day 1 Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit"pwinsider

The word backstage is that the angle was brought about by some legitimate neck issues McIntyre has been dealing with of late (at least several weeks), necessitating him needing to undergo medical testing.  So, WWE wrote him out of storylines with the attack to be proactive about the situation.   

There is no word how long McIntyre could be out of action, but the hope among those we've spoken with is that it will end up being a short-term in-ring hiatus. Until McIntyre gets checked out, it's "up in the air," according to one source.

There were quite a few people over the course of the night who pointed out how insanely hard McIntyre has been going in recent weeks despite the neck issues, including him working multiple times a night over the recent live event tour that saw him doing tag matches against the Usos and then doing pretty stiff Street Fights against Sheamus.  One person noted that McIntyre "went down swinging" to injury for the company.

McIntyre was wearing a neck brace when he left the PPV tonight.   We will update when we know more.

I rewatched Edge/Miz and Liv/Becky since I was half asleep watching em last night (not a bad show, just work kicking my ass). I love Edge bringing back some classic moves like the alt Edgecution from HCTP and the Half Nelson Bulldog (I swear he had a corny name for it). And Liv is improving with every match, I thought she had it with the Rings of Saturn! Becky botched the ending, she couldn't reach the ropes to cheat so it just looked like she beat Liv clean.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived