Official AEW Full Gear 2021 Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

Late to the party, but another damn Great ppv. Not a home run as there's always somethin' somethin' to put my finger on..

Like, I'd love for Punk vs Eddie to get another 10 minutes instead of a few of the other matches that felt long..

Also,shouldn't Eddie have won the match? He "needed" the win more than Punk in my book..

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Late to the party, but another damn Great ppv. Not a home run as there's always somethin' somethin' to put my finger on..

Like, I'd love for Punk vs Eddie to get another 10 minutes instead of a few of the other matches that felt long..

Also,shouldn't Eddie have won the match? He "needed" the win more than Punk in my book..

I think the loss helps better tell Eddies story and the win for Punk works in favor for Punks story of the guy who crawls his way up again after being gone and out of love for wrestling for so long.
The Tag Match with Cody definitly could have taken place on Dynamite or so, didnt need to be on the card, so a few matches could have benefitted from more time.

But overall, a great note A PPV imo.
Not as Spectacular as All Out, but still a fantastic PPV.

Yeah, Punk winning makes perfect booking sense to me. Yeah Kingston is a fan favorite but this is not the time to divert Punk’s momentum. You gotta keep giving him wins. Same with Bryan. Idk why some make it seem like booking stars like stars is such a bad thing. Plus, it makes story sense. No one came out of that match looking lesser.

Archived