Official AEW Full Gear 2021 Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AEW finally did something right. Page is the most over wrestler in that damn company and I can’t wait to see his championship reign. I legit almost cried. Someone get that man as many beers as he wants. One of the most boring championship reigns in history is over. I’m a happy camper. 

i will say the PPV as a whole wasn’t the best and it may be because it was following All Out which set an impossible standard, but a lot of this felt clunky. it could have passed for one of those special event episodes of Dynamite. i woulda been at least a lil disappointed if i spent $50+ to watch this.

however, the highs were really *censored*ing high. Punk/Kingston and Page/Omega carried for me. i missed a lot of MJF/Darby so i can’t speak on it but i’m glad MJF won.

Not my favorite AEW PPV but still great nonetheless. 

Lethal is a fantastic signing and I’m glad it’s not another WWE guy for once lol

I think they packed too much stuff in this show though. Like nothing had any time to breathe 

4 hours ago, Ziggy Vercetti said:

Had to leave in the middle of Page/Omega, but the event was pretty solid 

I was bout to ask "at midnight???" but I forgot normal people go out at this time on a Saturday lmao

MJF/Darby: Pretty solid. A little too long and choreographed at times. Darby’s shoulder looked up to me. Good that MJF won.

Tag Title: Too long. Too many near falls. Excessive. Finish was unnecessary.

Bryan/Miro: Liked most of it. Got a little too repetitive at points. Wanted more selling. Finish was sloppy.

Six-man Cluster*censored*: Skipped. Absolutely no interest.

Cody Tag: Pretty standard odd couple tag match. Don’t see why Black/Cody is still continuing other than to get them both on the PPV. Their work delivered more than PAC and Andrade’s, though. Post-match: why?

Women’s Title: Tay is not a convincing contender. Lethargic match. Not crisp at all. Too much interference on this show. Flat, uninspired finish. Just have Baker tap her out.

Punk/Kingston: Overall enjoyable. Punk didn’t quite match Kingston’s energy. I thought he should have been meaner and harder. But I liked the story and pace of the match (except the floor stuff — too much time spent there).

10-man Cluster*censored*: Skipped.

World Title: This didn’t really resonate with me like it did for many others. I just don’t care about the story and its participants. There was a really nice lariat that Page did at one point, though, so there’s that. lol

I love spotfests, but the Super Kliq/Jurassic Express & Cage was just way too much. 

Like I’ve never been bothered by the super kicking spamming until last night. The repetitive kick outs, weapon shots, It just dragged sooooo much. 

And the Inner Circle/ATT was basically the same thing but way worse. Bad idea to put them on the same show. 

Watched yesterday, contender for best AEW PPV so far? What a wild ride.

Hayter/Rose vs Shida/Rosa - Fun lil Buy In. Jamie Hayter is a goddess.

Darby vs MJF - I didn't expect this to be so crisp. I wasn't too interested going in but this was a damn good wrestling match. Loved the finish too.

Lucha Bros vs FTR - I stand by FTR being the best modern tag team. This match was awesome. The finish was cool too of FTR trying to be two steps ahead but screwing themselves.

Jurassic Express & Cage vs Super Cliq - Freaking phenomenal. We've had a lot of gimmick matches lately, but this one actually stood out big time. Awesome tag work, awesome character work, I'd call it a success.

Andrade/Black vs PAC/Rhodes - While I like everyone in this match, the flow wasn't here for me. Given, it just followed two amazing tag team matches and it was all singles guys, so I do think they purposefully made it the anti-tag match, which was interesting but... eh.

Tay vs Britt - Tay solidified herself as a huge threat with this one. From her entrance to her offence, it was a great showcase for Conti. My criticism is the last bit of the match. Britt should've won with the stomp on the steps/follow up stomp. Everything after that was kinda overkill.

Punk vs Eddie - GOD DAMN THIS WAS FIRE. From their promo to this match, this felt personal and I loved every second of Punk vs Kingston. Part of me hopes for a rematch...

Inner Circle vs Top  Team - Yeaaaah this was bad. The MMA guys didn't know what they were doing. Fair enough, it's not their world, but... yeah, not good.

Hangman vs Kenny -  I knew Hangman was winning this, but this was perfect. From the little graphics team thing to the Bucks, this was possibly the most satisfying ending to a wrestling story I have ever seen. Kudos to AEW man, I went from booing Hangman against Jericho all those years ago to straight tearing up watching the man win. This is top tier pro wrestling storytelling man. I can't wait to see what happens next.

I enjoyed the PPV for the most part but Punk/Kingston was super underwhelming to me. Maybe I was just expecting more, idk, but it didn't hit the way it should have. 

Cody/PAC vs. Black/Andrade was mostly background noise to me but liked everything else. Omega/Page was the MOTN imo. Enjoyed the hell out of the 6-man and 10-man tag matches too. MJF/Darby kicked ass. Bryan/Miro could have been a bit better I thought. 

Overall, a very good PPV but certainly not better than All Out. Not by a long shot. 

6 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

I mean i was at a NJPW show where they showed a guy carrying an umbrella and people were getting pissed that it was Marty, ended up being Matthews.

Well, Scurll was booked by some asshole here in Germany...and the people in attendance were pretty split from what is being told.
Lethal at least has some kind of Momentum, Scurll vanished almost completely...Puerto Rico and now Germany are the first two bookings he had in quite a while.

Signing Lethal is already questionable to me, i hope to god they dont even think about hiring Scurll.

Archived