AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Punk destroyed Moxley in that promo. Quality work. Need him to beat Mox... next week? I anticipate a screwy finish and All Out rematch or something. Unless they just planted a seed for Hangman to get involved which... yeah, weird choice.

Loved Danielson vs Garcia. Garcia was made in defeat IMO that was awesome.

Billy botched his line and accidentally roasted his sons one last time lol

Kilynn King was actually quite good. Also thinking Toni wins the belt this time.

The 6 man for All Out is so bleh. Lethal should stick to RoH at this point. 

KENNY! We all knew it, but so good having him back. Great match! but lmao at Dragon Lee randomly getting attacked, weird shit

I might be in the minority here but I HATE the downward elbows to the neck that everyone seems to be using now, always looks trash.

So good to have Punk back, it's already made Dynamite significantly more interesting to me.

Edited by Kman

2 hours ago, Kman said:

I might be in the minority here but I HATE the downward elbows to the neck that everyone seems to be using now, always looks trash.

I hope it’s not a minority opinion. lol They’re so fake looking. Moxley and Garcia in particular are really bad at doing them. They look weak and you can CLEARLY see what they’re actually doing.

saw comparisons between the Punk/Mox segment and the Drew/KO segment from Raw. Punk had the best promo of everybody but Drew/KO had the best segment. sometimes WWE’s structure kinda works because while they were both unscripted, KO and Drew felt even because they both got time to get their shit off, but Punk just ate Mox lmao. i haven’t seen Mox get bitched in a promo segment that badly since Cena(?). he seemed like he was in over his head and only wanted to fight because he couldn’t think of any comebacks

also, that Page burial was rough. TK gotta book Page to kill somebody next week

5 hours ago, Kman said:

So good to have Punk back, it's already made Dynamite significantly more interesting to me.

There's a select few who pull those off, but like ever since Danielson started using them for whatever reason EVERYONE has, and it's very annoying.

1 hour ago, The Nerd said:

Moxley ate Punk alive on the mic. 

Never change lol

Credit:pwinsider

We've had a number of readers ask about comments AEW Champion CM Punk made on last night's Dynamite, essentially calling out former AEW Champion Hangman Page (who did not come out), then calling the lack of response cowardly as opposed to "cowboy sh**" and then remarking that the apology should be larger than the "disrespect" before asking if anyone else had any issues and wanted to come out before turning the direction of his promo to Jon Moxley to build to their bout to crown an undisputed AEW Champion.

Punk's comments about Page and anyone else who wanted to come out and fight him were not part of the overall plans going into that segment. 

Instead Punk, who has the leeway to go in whatever direction he wants verbally, appeared to take the moment to call out Page.  It appears there has been some of of issue with Punk and Page brewing for months, given that right before their match at last May's Double or Nothing PPV (where Punk beat Page for the title), Page, to Punk's face, buried him in a promo and treated Punk as some sort of interloper to the promotion that Page needed to protect AEW from, which made zero sense given that was never Punk's on camera role for the promotion or even in the build to that match.

The comments at the time were so far out of left field that I asked AEW President Tony Khan about them during a media call for AEW Double or Nothing prior to the show.  At the time, Khan said the segment made sense because they are two guys who don't like each other and want to fight.  He said the comments helped make it a compelling fight and if you were someone like Page there from day one, you could see his perspective.

Obviously, CM Punk didn't see his perspective and given this was his first real promo time since breaking his foot, he decided to give Page a receipt verbally live on Dynamite.  

To the best of our knowledge, there was no interaction with Punk and Page before, during or after last night's Dynamite backstage.  Whether any of this is turned into storyline down the line remains to be seen, but when Punk made his comments, we are told they were made without AEW's advance knowledge and in that regard, it was 100% a shoot from Punk.

1 hour ago, glennsoe said:

i’m torn. on one hand, the spiciness is compelling. on the other hand, that receipt seems a lil overboard for what Page said in his promo. i thought Page’s promo was the type of softball work shoot that Punk could easily handle considering he just finished a feud with Eddie Kingston and *censored*ing MJF lmao, not to mention famously being in a feud with Cena. calling Page out knowing he wasn’t scheduled to appear just to bury him is a lil too much imo.

me 😖

Edited by EJ!

Booker of the year isn't gonna like this...

The 8/10 episode of AEW Dynamite on TBS brought in 957,000 overnight viewers, down from last week's 972,000 overnight viewers, despite a hot opening with CM Punk and Jon Moxley and the return of Kenny Omega.  

In the 18-49 demo, AEW scored a 0.30, down from last week's 0.33.

AEW was the second highest show on basic cable last night withThe Real Housewives of Beverly Hills topping the night in the 18-49 demo.

From reddit

While speaking on [Wrestling Observer Live](http://f4wonline.com/), Bryan Alvarez revealed that Punk’s promo has the AEW locker room divided.

>There were a few people furious at CM Punk backstage, because Hangman  is a well-liked guy

. So they’re mad at Punk. Also, you have people who  are on Punk’s side who say Hangman started this, so they’re mad that you’re mad at CM Punk. I know this is pro wrestling, and we have the MJF deal, but I was told that it’s not. It was started when Hangman was  unprofessional, and CM Punk followed that up by making Hangman look like a fool.

Guest Fight Me.

We want JWOWW.

You think they're pushing this dude so they show AEW on Jersey Shore again? Pretty smart.

Edited by Fight Me.