Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

It’s clunky, uninspired, and very see-through to me.

I feel like it’s flowing well into the story, Moxley wanted the Lionheart back, Jericho brought him back. Jericho tried to show Moxley the Lionheart was still in him with the reminiscing of his older moveset in the earlier part of the match, it being a dream match for Moxley he then goes out his norm and matches the technical style. Jericho sees that the Lionheart stuff isn’t working for him anymore so he resorts to his current ways later down in the match(Sammy, turnbuckle spots, etc.). Moxley wins which proves Jericho is not the same guy. Wrestling isn’t always pretty but when it follows a simple and subtle script it can be beautiful. That’s just how I saw it though.

15 minutes ago, TNFNS said:

I feel like it’s flowing well into the story, Moxley wanted the Lionheart back, Jericho brought him back. Jericho tried to show Moxley the Lionheart was still in him with the reminiscing of his older moveset in the earlier part of the match, it being a dream match for Moxley he then goes out his norm and matches the technical style. Jericho sees that the Lionheart stuff isn’t working for him anymore so he resorts to his current ways later down in the match(Sammy, turnbuckle spots, etc.). Moxley wins which proves Jericho is not the same guy. Wrestling isn’t always pretty but when it follows a simple and subtle script it can be beautiful. That’s just how I saw it though.

That’s cool the story engaged you like that. Can’t take that away from you. For me, the execution was just not there. And I’m not a guy who likes ultra-pretty matches either; I love matches that look like struggles. But this one just looked soft and fake to me and it took me out of it. But I respect that you explained why you liked that match.

The blood has definitely been a lot and it really hurt tonight. Mox/Jericho didn't need it at all. Darby vs King it was actually a cool addition, but didn't hit nearly as hard as it should have since you have Mox bleeding every single match he does.

With that in mind, I'm PSYCHED Punk is back and need him to beat Moxley ASAP. 

For the rest of the show... solid, but not as engaging as the last two weeks.

Liking the Hangman/Bucks drama a lot.

Miro's promo... god damn. I hope it's Miro vs Malakai 1v1 at All Out. This whole arc is so fun.

Part of me wants Athena to beat Jade... but another part of me wants Jade to retain and have Shida reintroduce herself into the fold by confronting her post-match.

Igobernables vs Lucha Bros was very fun too. Though I do feel Andrade is above this... He really should've beaten Sammy for the TNT belt over Scorpio.

Perhaps, that’s true. I don’t know. But as someone who’s not opposed to the use of blood, what bugs me about it is that I think it’s a great narrative tool to use to add more weight or significance to a match or feud. The way Moxley uses it is like a director that uses too many jump scares in a horror film. A few jump scares is great but once you start putting at least one in almost every other scene, it becomes tedious and predictable. I don’t like that. I find it cheapens this great tool you have. So Moxley or any other schmuck in AEW who overly depend on blood are bad horror movies to me. It’s not a mindset I can get behind.