Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Fight Me.

AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

Just remembered Claudio/Shinsuke were also tag champs so Jake ain't even in the top 3 of former partners of Claidio. Tyson Kidd #1.

Guest Fight Me.

I'm glad they recapped the matches from Japan for "casuals."

I don’t get why they’re doing this inner- conflict angle with the Baddies.

Ah yes, the weekly Lethal promo where he talks to a wall. Not having Joe in this interaction for this past month or so has gotten tedious.

Guest Fight Me.

I know Swerve In Our Glory were embarrassed when the Bucks showed up in red and black too lol

Guest Fight Me.

Damn, who breathing right into the mics lol

Edited by Fight Me.

Love my brothas but damn aren’t they about to break up, and the Young Bucks had it for probably not even a month 

Starks and Hobbs need something man, but i’m not mad at this

Guest Fight Me.
1 minute ago, EJ! said:

Starks and Hobbs need something man, but i’m not mad at this

ROH? :hqhq:

Nah I thought it was their time too but I ain't mad at this.

How do you guys feel about short title reigns? For all we know they drop them right back to the Bucks in a rematch due to the set up of FTR vs The Young Bucks. Which the Bucks are supposed to lose as well. 

Ayyy that was a fun episode.

Wardlow vs OC was honestly fun as hell. One of my fave TV matches of the year.

SWERVE IN OUR GLORY!! I was rooting for Team Taz, but this was cool. I kinda think maybe this feud gets a blow off at All Out? Team Tazz vs SIOG with Starks/Hobbs finally winning?

2 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

This is not the match Wardlow should be having right now in his push. OC is too busy trying to get himself over rather than getting Wardlow over which is should be their primary goal. Very selfish.

lmao what?? This was Cassidy going all in with his usual tricks and mind games and Wardlow thwarting him every step of the way. I know he's not your cup of tea in the slightest, but OC is one of the top acts in AEW, has been since day one. He went out there, he was Orange Cassidy to the fullest, and Wardlow beat him when he tried to throw every OC trick he could at him.

30 minutes ago, Counting Lights said:

lmao what?? This was Cassidy going all in with his usual tricks and mind games and Wardlow thwarting him every step of the way. I know he's not your cup of tea in the slightest, but OC is one of the top acts in AEW, has been since day one. He went out there, he was Orange Cassidy to the fullest, and Wardlow beat him when he tried to throw every OC trick he could at him.

I don’t think you fully understand what I’m saying. Wardlow is not the guy to be doing an OC match with. It should be a Wardlow match, not an OC match. OC is not getting the push that Wardlow is getting. OC, the veteran, is selfish because he did his usual schtick with seemingly no consideration for Wardlow. Wardlow is the rising star. He’s the one who is getting the much, much, much stronger push. You put the man over by allowing his shit to dominate the match.

Guest Fight Me.

Akki on Dark please! Shame AEW doesn't have an intergender tag division, would love to see Best Bros kill it here.

1 hour ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I don’t think you fully understand what I’m saying. Wardlow is not the guy to be doing an OC match with. It should be a Wardlow match, not an OC match. OC is not getting the push that Wardlow is getting. OC, the veteran, is selfish because he did his usual schtick with seemingly no consideration for Wardlow. Wardlow is the rising star. He’s the one who is getting the much, much, much stronger push. You put the man over by allowing his shit to dominate the match.

No no, I get exactly what you're saying and I disagree with you. Would you have Wardlow march through Orange like he's not a threat? Or Orange forgo everything and wrestle with no gimmick? Both are dull options. Orange did his shtick cranked up to 11, pulled out all the stops because he knew Wardlow wouldn't go down easy, and Wardlow STILL went over. At this point we've established that Wardlow is dominant. Dude ate Scorpio alive, was able to hang with Punk, etc. This provided a completely different opportunity, showing he can hang with the mind games. OC has been established as someone who runs mind games better than anyone in the company, of course he was gonna get his way for a big chunk of the match. But Wardlow took everything Orange could throw and ultimately took him down. Not to mention, half the time when Orange looked to get his way Wardlow still powered out of whatever Orange had planned. Most of the shots Orange landed were either reversals or  taking Wardlow by surprise. Orange set the tone and played his own game, and Wardlow still beat him. I thought both guys walked out looking great. 

Nope. First, I don’t know if I would have booked the match in the first place at this point in time. But if it had to take place, it would have been a 6 - 8 min match where Wardlow got most of the offense but there would be times where OC would foil him by doing his unfunny, crafty antics because that’s what he does.

You see, my thought process is all about card position. OC is mid as mid-card gets; he’s right there in the middle. He’s not a jobber. He has wins. But wins against who? Tony Nese? Ethan Page? Anthony Bowens? Top talent, right? Looking at his cagematch page the only noted person he has beaten this past year is Adam Cole. But funnily enough, whenever it’s brought up, AEW minimizes it by reminding us that was an Unsanctioned match and therefore it doesn’t count. Well, ok.

But what if we go further? Well, under all your Luthers, Matt Hardys, Blades, Jack Evans, and JD Drakes — you have the two Jericho wins from two years ago. That’s it. In terms of noted people, he has only beaten Jericho. There was no other noted person he has beaten.

So while the crowd likes him, in terms of card position, he’s mid-card and not the guy getting a super push. Therefore, if you’re OC you take a page from Sky and MJF and work Wardlow’s match. Not your match. His match. 

And you know what gives credence to all of this? The crowd’s reaction. They got behind OC more than Wardlow and that’s not what you should want, especially after Wardlow’s rocky, lackluster booking since MJF. You want Wardlow to shine the most.